Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's to put Blades to the sword 23:46 - Mar 12 with 638 viewsdurham_exile

Now when we went to Bramall Lane in sunny September, the U’s left Antonio on the bench and were slower out of the blocks than Dwain Chambers (without THG), result 2-0 down after ten minutes and the game was effectively over.

Colchester now need to redress the balance and start with a high tempo and force our opponents on the back foot early doors. Make no mistake the tough games are coming thick and fast but Colchester are a different proposition now. The defence is mean at present and we are scoring goals and creating chances.

The Blades are beatable; they have lost 6 away from Bramall Lane having won three and lost three of the last 6 games.

JW will be forced to make at least one change — the outstanding Martin Rowlands was injured at Adams Park by one of the meaty challenges that the Chairboys used to bully Colchester into submission (well not quite).

J also has Vincent back to provide some pacy wing play but I don’t think that he will start.

Team 4-4-2:

Williams
Wilson Magnus Eastman White (congrats to the safe new arrival, mum and baby doing well)
Izzet Bond Wordsworth Henderson
Gillespie Odejayi

Subs:

Heath, Rose, Sears, Vincent, Doogie

I expect Vincent to be given 30 minutes or so and we may also see Sears and Doogie at some point. What price a Freddie goal and for a hammer to blunt a blade.

Now JW will be mindful that the team were flagging last 20 at Wycombe and with a tough game tomorrow night and the Terriers to come on Saturday, he must ring the changes and rest tired legs.

Rowlands enforced rest due to injury will hopefully only be one game because his influential style will be sorely missed tomorrow.

The Blades have Ched Evans and Huddersfield Jordan Rhodes but we have Stevie G the fan’s favourite and in a rich vein of form himself at present. Expect the Blades to be physical and we may even see a dismissal if they are overzealous with their challenges.

JW might be keen to secure a point but if we are serious about a top six finish then we must be looking to serve notice of future intent to both Blades and Terriers.

In what looks like a tough game on paper, Colchester will have their mettle tested by the Blades, but we have the ability to prevent them from stealing the points.

A biggish crowd and plenty of supporters from Sheffield (they had sold 1500 tickets for the Saturday match) will be looking for another strong home performance. JW must hold his nerve and stick to the 4-4-2 formation.

We still have a game in hand over many of our rivals. With Eddie hoping to secure first place in the mascot race, we must look to foil the blades and point them in the direction of the M1 and South Yorkshire before their West Yorkshire rivals come to town at the weekend.

Keep the faith
Up the U’s

Durham_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 13:44 - Mar 13 with 621 viewsBarsidepete

Looking forward to my updates on the go today. Gorgeous day in the mid 70s F in Virginia today

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U's to put Blades to the sword on 18:19 - Mar 13 with 611 viewsdurham_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 13:44 - Mar 13 by Barsidepete

Looking forward to my updates on the go today. Gorgeous day in the mid 70s F in Virginia today

Pete, good to hear that the weather is grand.

Not quite as warm in Durham but fine and dry.

Looking forward to a positive result tonight.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 20:07 - Mar 13 with 606 viewsdurham_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 18:19 - Mar 13 by durham_exile

Pete, good to hear that the weather is grand.

Not quite as warm in Durham but fine and dry.

Looking forward to a positive result tonight.

Up the U's

Is there anyone out there?

I am listening to the commentary and although we have been under pressure the defence is standing firm.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 20:18 - Mar 13 with 603 viewswessex_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 20:07 - Mar 13 by durham_exile

I am listening to the commentary and although we have been under pressure the defence is standing firm.

Come on the U's

Bugger

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's to put Blades to the sword on 20:19 - Mar 13 with 603 viewsdurham_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 20:07 - Mar 13 by durham_exile

Come on the U's

A quality goal from Sheffield Utd - come on let's get back into this game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 21:03 - Mar 13 with 597 viewswessex_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 20:19 - Mar 13 by durham_exile

A quality goal from Sheffield Utd - come on let's get back into this game.

Up the U's

...and a quality goal from Gilly!!!!

COME ON COL U!!!!!!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's to put Blades to the sword on 21:26 - Mar 13 with 590 viewsdurham_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 21:03 - Mar 13 by wessex_exile

...and a quality goal from Gilly!!!!

COME ON COL U!!!!!!!

Evening Wessex - squeaky bum time - can we do it?

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 21:30 - Mar 13 with 588 viewsdurham_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 21:26 - Mar 13 by durham_exile

Evening Wessex - squeaky bum time - can we do it?

Up the U's

I can't help thinking that we should have brought Vincent and or Sears on for 15 minutes given the number of fixtures that we are involved in at present.

Come on.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

U's to put Blades to the sword on 18:16 - Mar 14 with 556 viewsbwildered

Strange that we can drool over a point but this was a execellent performance and point . Although going in at half time a goal down from a quick and desisive move a combative display led to a stunning second half equaliser from the U's .
The key change was swapping Wordsworth to the central midfield position at half time with Bond working tirelessly in a unfamiliar wide position .
This was truely a team display from back to front , refreshing to see a standard 4-4-2 with everyone doing a shift rather than flexiable system with players getting rolled about .
More of the same please .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

U's to put Blades to the sword on 00:09 - Mar 15 with 550 viewsdurham_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 18:16 - Mar 14 by bwildered

Strange that we can drool over a point but this was a execellent performance and point . Although going in at half time a goal down from a quick and desisive move a combative display led to a stunning second half equaliser from the U's .
The key change was swapping Wordsworth to the central midfield position at half time with Bond working tirelessly in a unfamiliar wide position .
This was truely a team display from back to front , refreshing to see a standard 4-4-2 with everyone doing a shift rather than flexiable system with players getting rolled about .
More of the same please .

bwildered - good to read such positive comments.

Our bogey team awaits this weekend, time to rekindle the spirit of 1948 (I don't remember that far back).

Up the U's

PS I hope that Rowlands is fit to return.

Terriers may have Clarke back at centre half.

Durham_exile

U's to put Blades to the sword on 12:02 - Mar 15 with 537 viewsLeadbelly

U's to put Blades to the sword on 00:09 - Mar 15 by durham_exile

bwildered - good to read such positive comments.

Our bogey team awaits this weekend, time to rekindle the spirit of 1948 (I don't remember that far back).

Up the U's

PS I hope that Rowlands is fit to return.

Terriers may have Clarke back at centre half.

Most enjoyable game I've seen this season and probably our best performance.

Credit to Sheffield United in that they came to play and didn't try to shut up shop after they scored. They shaded first half but we were definitely the better side in the second. After we scored we really attacked them which was excellent to see. More of the same please.

I know Magnus was awarded MOTM but i haven't spoken to anyone who didn't think it was Eastman. He was superb all night. Assuming we keep him he'll be our player of the season for 2012/13.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024