Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protection! 23:32 - Jul 29 with 912 viewsdurham_exile

What is fast becoming apparent is that both Craig Eastmond and Sanchez Watt are being targeted by opposing defences.

Creative, fast, skilful players have always been targets, but already in pre-season both have been subject to robust challenges.

Along with Drew Wright, Alex Gilbey, Gavin Massey and Freddie Sears JD is forming a young skilful team who like to get the ball on the deck and pass it.

Such players require protection from the referees.

Eastmond and Watt are both hugely talented and sadly both are slightly injury prone but the injuries are exacerbated by these over zealous challenges.

We play Gillingham and Sheffield United in the first three games both physical teams.

There is a risk that all 6 players if they play will receive the “treatment”. Ok it’s a man’s game and challenges are expected in any contact sport but they need to be fair and not career threatening.

Colchester has more than a realistic chance of promotion this season (yes we most certainly do) and it would be a real shame if our season is derailed early doors with unfair/illegal tackles contributing to our injury list.

Play up and play the game!

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Protection! on 11:16 - Jul 30 with 868 viewsbwildered

The U's have already been touted in one Sunday paper last weekend has relegation fodder along with Shrewsbury and Stevenage , I wonder how many had Yeovil up for promotion this time last year !
Has usual all the mighty are quoted for the top berths , yawn yawn .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Protection! on 11:24 - Jul 30 with 866 viewsLeadbelly

It is a physical game and skilful players always get kicked. Injuries are part of the game and we'll have to deal with them like everyone else.

I love the fact that we have a number of young, attacking players. What does concern me is how many of them haven't played a full season of league football. Coping with the rigours of 50 plus games(hopefully) will be a new experience for some. Let's hope they hold up.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024