Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The elite above it all oblivious U's crash out of the League Cup 21:16 - Aug 6 with 1500 viewsBarsidepete

I mean really??

I would like to see some ambition somewhere. This ticks me off!

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

The elite above it all oblivious U's crash out of the League Cup on 22:05 - Aug 6 with 1460 viewsnoah4x4

Horror story!

Wilson and Magnus clueless who they were marking. U's ripped to shreds such was the gulf. Time to try Pappoe and Olefumi to add defensive pace.

As for the Ibrehe/Morrison combination, Morrison no pace.

But glad it happened tonight not Saturday. Joe Dunne can remedy.
The elite above it all oblivious U's crash out of the League Cup on 22:10 - Aug 6 with 1452 viewsMadeira163

BUMP
The elite above it all oblivious U's crash out of the League Cup on 22:14 - Aug 6 with 1444 viewsgerry_us

Big oooooooooooooooops Concentrating on the league?

Put it right for Saturday please Joe.
The elite above it all oblivious U's crash out of the League Cup on 22:43 - Aug 6 with 1412 viewsFruitbat

Hard to know what to make of that.

There was enough in the first half to suggest that we can certainly play football but enough in the second to say that all of last seasons frailties are still there somewhere. Taking the positive view, we played a good side tonight and got done over, i don't doubt that they'll be therabouts at the end of the season. More worrying was the nature of the goals, cant do anything about the two screamers but the other three were all poorly defended. I'm also not sure we'll score enough goals to be truly comfortable.

However, early days and given that drawing us in the league cup in recent years has generally been a bye into the second round, i'm not too concerned. At least it looks like the last vestiges of wards scared to lose anti football has gone. Good.
The elite above it all oblivious U's crash out of the League Cup on 07:57 - Aug 7 with 1356 viewsdurham_exile

Whilst I hate the manner of the defeat - this season is all about the league.

Peterbore have the Indian sign over the U's, just take a look at the records, very depressing.

Good news Sanchez Watt played 25 minutes.

Bring on the Port Fail lads.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The elite above it all oblivious U's crash out of the League Cup on 15:27 - Aug 8 with 1272 viewsLeadbelly

The elite above it all oblivious U's crash out of the League Cup on 22:43 - Aug 6 by Fruitbat

Hard to know what to make of that.

There was enough in the first half to suggest that we can certainly play football but enough in the second to say that all of last seasons frailties are still there somewhere. Taking the positive view, we played a good side tonight and got done over, i don't doubt that they'll be therabouts at the end of the season. More worrying was the nature of the goals, cant do anything about the two screamers but the other three were all poorly defended. I'm also not sure we'll score enough goals to be truly comfortable.

However, early days and given that drawing us in the league cup in recent years has generally been a bye into the second round, i'm not too concerned. At least it looks like the last vestiges of wards scared to lose anti football has gone. Good.

Don't disagree with any of that.

We can play football but the formation (4-1-2-1-2 according to EADT!) didn't help anyone. I suspect that was an experiment that won't be repeated for a long time.

Magnus worries me more than any other defender. His ability to lose strikers in the box is remarkable. It happens every game.

I think Morrison can sit with Izzet and Duguid from now on. He looked past it last year and he won't get any quicker now. We are a striker short.

I can't fault Sears' work rate but he has to play smarter. Watch some videos of Cureton when he was at the U's. Not a physical threat but he scored a lot of goals.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The elite above it all oblivious U's crash out of the League Cup on 12:23 - Aug 9 with 1225 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Calm down fellas! It's only a cup game and we haven't been any good in cup games for ages. I heard the scoreline flattered them somewhat and I'd be surprised if they're not up near the top of the table come the end of the season. I don't think fielding a youthful and relatively inexperienced lineup next outing is the way forward personally.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The elite above it all oblivious U's crash out of the League Cup on 21:21 - Aug 9 with 1203 viewsBarsidepete

The elite above it all oblivious U's crash out of the League Cup on 12:23 - Aug 9 by RSCOSWORTH

Calm down fellas! It's only a cup game and we haven't been any good in cup games for ages. I heard the scoreline flattered them somewhat and I'd be surprised if they're not up near the top of the table come the end of the season. I don't think fielding a youthful and relatively inexperienced lineup next outing is the way forward personally.

spot on mate..

*likes your post*

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024