Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Walker 17:42 - Dec 11 with 383 viewsLeadbelly

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/colchester-united/sam_walker_s_colchester_future_is_

Will he stay? I read elsewhere that he is keen on playing at the highest possible level and a move to a Championship club would be good for him.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Sam Walker on 19:43 - Dec 11 with 370 viewswessex_exile

I hope so - the interview I read with him really just came across an aspirational opinion about his (natural) desire to play at the highest level possible, he also readily admitted he's enjoying his time at Col U. To be honest, if he were to move up to Championship level, it would have to be lower third to have any certainty of getting actual game time rather than bench-warming - and we are, at least, relatively close to home for him...there's Charlton and Millwall that could offer the same, but not many others?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Sam Walker on 20:29 - Dec 11 with 367 viewsbwildered

The big man has reached the first crossroads of his football career. Does his mother club look on him has a future player ? He undoubtably is one of these players JD would hope to recruit if not required if his present contract is not renewed in the summer.
Obviously if still required he would do more bench warming at that level has his football education in the lower leagues would be surely be no longer be required, and would have to await for a opportunity to progress.
Having been under the stewartship of the Premier league academy, he would, under the encouragement of his agent, rather not drop many levels so early in his career, if not retained.
However a regular slot in a side can keep you in the shop window for scouts, particularly if your form is maintained .
He would be a most welcome acquisition, for the future, who if he could replicate the consistency of his namesake of the 70's would have a long career ahead in the U's jersey.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024