Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game on tomorrow? 13:22 - Jan 27 with 478 viewsLeadbelly

Pitch inspection called for 09.30 tomorrow.

The land at Cuckoo Farm has never drained well and with rain forecast from late evening today until 07.00 tomorrow and throughout tomorrow afternoon the game must be in doubt.

Anyone "in the know" have any thoughts?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Game on tomorrow? on 13:50 - Jan 27 with 469 viewswessex_exile

I'm not in the know, but there aren't many (any?) on the OMB that think it'll go ahead...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Game on tomorrow? on 15:43 - Jan 27 with 453 viewsLeadbelly

We had a lot of rain yesterday and when I took the dogs out for a walk at lunchtime the ground really was like soup in places. I'm not hopeful for tomorrow.

Game on tomorrow? on 15:45 - Jan 27 with 453 viewsgerry_us

Game on tomorrow? on 13:50 - Jan 27 by wessex_exile

I'm not in the know, but there aren't many (any?) on the OMB that think it'll go ahead...

How long since Braintree were able to play a home game?
Obviously the water table is pretty high around the area at present.
Game tomorrow?...

and obviously won't help the pitch with you walking your dog over it LB!!!!!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 15:47]
Game on tomorrow? on 16:18 - Jan 27 with 436 viewsLeadbelly

Game on tomorrow? on 15:45 - Jan 27 by gerry_us

How long since Braintree were able to play a home game?
Obviously the water table is pretty high around the area at present.
Game tomorrow?...

and obviously won't help the pitch with you walking your dog over it LB!!!!!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2014 15:47]

It certainly won't. I must leave less room for interpretation in future.

Two dogs actually and the male one has the bladder capacity to raise the water table wherever we go...which was around Lawford and Manningtree yesterday.

It's been raining in London for some time now. Not looking good for tomorrow.

Game on tomorrow? on 17:29 - Jan 27 with 424 viewsBluenWightExile

I'd be really amazed if it went ahead.
It has been raining on the Isle of Wight non stop since 21 December & at this rate it will soon be a smaller island than the one I left in 2011 !!

Pinault-noir

Game on tomorrow? on 08:00 - Jan 28 with 362 viewsnoah4x4

Negligible rain overnight in CO4 postcode (if any). But the damage may already be done as some puddles remain on Mill Road (Rugby Club) Playing Fields; but that's pretty usual.

It is dry now and clear skies with a bit of broken cloud. A bit of sunshine is forecast for this morning; but a 37% chance of "light rain" this afternoon. However; most rain is predicted to dump on a corridor from Chelmsford to Braintree and stop short of here.

We may be lucky (if not we are off to Orient v Coventry). Surely; WHCS pitch is presumably covered (e.g. unlike Braintree)?
Game on tomorrow? on 11:25 - Jan 28 with 315 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Game on tomorrow? on 08:00 - Jan 28 by noah4x4

Negligible rain overnight in CO4 postcode (if any). But the damage may already be done as some puddles remain on Mill Road (Rugby Club) Playing Fields; but that's pretty usual.

It is dry now and clear skies with a bit of broken cloud. A bit of sunshine is forecast for this morning; but a 37% chance of "light rain" this afternoon. However; most rain is predicted to dump on a corridor from Chelmsford to Braintree and stop short of here.

We may be lucky (if not we are off to Orient v Coventry). Surely; WHCS pitch is presumably covered (e.g. unlike Braintree)?

I'm pretty sure it's not covered. I guess as it doesn't drain they need to dry it out from the top downwards so covering it probably wouldn't help except from preventing it from getting wetter.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Game on tomorrow? on 15:26 - Jan 28 with 278 viewsFruitbat

Game on tomorrow? on 11:25 - Jan 28 by RSCOSWORTH

I'm pretty sure it's not covered. I guess as it doesn't drain they need to dry it out from the top downwards so covering it probably wouldn't help except from preventing it from getting wetter.

Think the covers we have are frost covers rather than rain covers so would probably make no difference if they were on or off, although you'd want them off when its not raining to get a breeze on the pitch. Met Office currently has light rain from 1500 (ie now!) and heavy rain from 1800 so it may well still be in the balance.
Login to get fewer ads

Game on tomorrow? on 15:42 - Jan 28 with 270 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I've heard that the game is off.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024