Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#Takeoverthetown - why stop there? 10:53 - Mar 25 with 419 viewsnoah4x4

Before the Brentford game the concept is to paint the town 'Blue and White'. What a great idea to get this town behind its local club.

The timing however seems a bit bonkers to me as I think this excellent inititive would be better staged before the first game of next season and hence start the momentum from there. After Brentford, memories will fast fade with no further games for some months. However; I suppose that there is no reason why it can't be repeated.

But what has struck me is why stop there? I have a wardrobe full of assorted away shirts. Why do we have to play AWAY other than in blue & white? Bristol City didn't change from their normal red strip at WHCS?

if blue & white means more passion...... Your views on changing to away colours ONLY where strictly necessary?
[Post edited 25 Mar 2014 11:28]
#Takeoverthetown - why stop there? on 13:32 - Mar 25 with 400 viewsBluenWightExile

Totally agree - detest "away shirts".
Blue and white wherever possible AND given that I am artist I spose - I believe that it should NOT be beyond the wit of designers to come up with a non clashing BUT still blue and white away kit anyway!!!!

Up the blue and white stripes

Pinault-noir

#Takeoverthetown - why stop there? on 15:39 - Mar 25 with 392 viewsLeadbelly

Does the current away kit, which is as bad as any I can remember, have a separate sponsor to justify it's use when there is no clash with the home side?

Blue and white stripes whenever possible away from home. It's the way forward.

Football as a whole could solve this problem, if such it is, by following the lead of major sports in North America. Coloured kit for home games, white kit for away games. Simple.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

#Takeoverthetown - why stop there? on 07:11 - Mar 26 with 376 viewsdurham_exile

I will be at the Brentford game, wearing the famous Blue and White stripes.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024