Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walsall away 09:37 - May 6 with 1184 viewsAFCMorant

What a good day out, excellent pre match preparation in the Black Country Arms, hence arriving 10 minutes late as usual; Doogies last hurrah; bizarre winning goal in a game played like a training match; pretty solid defensive performance especially from Wynter, Kent looked very good in the second half and made one great tackle, Walker made a few good saves, one in particular was outstanding. Good drinking in Birmingham afterwards plus chatting on the train with an ex linesman who did the Trophy final. The only black spot apart from the 2 Walsall idiots who ran on the pitch for some reason, was our idiot element chanting “Your support is f**king s**t, totally unnecessary in a game played on leisurely terms and with fans who were sociable before and after the game. Trips to Chesterfield, Rochdale and Barnsley/Wakefield and hopefully either Fleetwood or Burton to look forward to - all good stuff.
Walsall away on 20:55 - May 6 with 1151 viewswessex_exile

Couldn't agree more AFC, for what was effectively a meaningless end-of-season run-out that was a very good day. I went straight to the always excellent Saddlers Club for my refreshment, which apart from trying to place what turned out to be the last pint of £2 a pint ale on thin air 1" from the edge of the table during a particularly captivating moment during the big-screen football - almost all of which managed to avoid Noah's leg - was great fun.

The game was played out well by the U's, and it was excellent to see both Doogie come on for his farewell, and the connection between fans and players before, during and after the match. Even better that I still managed to grab the early train from Bescot, and was home in time for tea.

I will pick up on the support comment if I may - harmless sabre-rattling aside, I actually thought the support was top-notch, with lots of well-observed humour throughout, and making a lot of noise. I particularly enjoyed the steward who poached the first beach ball being serenaded with "does your mother cut your hair?", as clearly did his fellow stewards. With regard to that specific chant, given two of their idiots invaded the pitch, a brawl amongst those left in the stand then ensuing, and they really didn't get too much behind their team - perhaps the U's Faithful had a point?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Walsall away on 09:22 - May 7 with 1127 viewsAFCMorant

Walsall away on 20:55 - May 6 by wessex_exile

Couldn't agree more AFC, for what was effectively a meaningless end-of-season run-out that was a very good day. I went straight to the always excellent Saddlers Club for my refreshment, which apart from trying to place what turned out to be the last pint of £2 a pint ale on thin air 1" from the edge of the table during a particularly captivating moment during the big-screen football - almost all of which managed to avoid Noah's leg - was great fun.

The game was played out well by the U's, and it was excellent to see both Doogie come on for his farewell, and the connection between fans and players before, during and after the match. Even better that I still managed to grab the early train from Bescot, and was home in time for tea.

I will pick up on the support comment if I may - harmless sabre-rattling aside, I actually thought the support was top-notch, with lots of well-observed humour throughout, and making a lot of noise. I particularly enjoyed the steward who poached the first beach ball being serenaded with "does your mother cut your hair?", as clearly did his fellow stewards. With regard to that specific chant, given two of their idiots invaded the pitch, a brawl amongst those left in the stand then ensuing, and they really didn't get too much behind their team - perhaps the U's Faithful had a point?

All good fun, apart from a 40 delay on the way back between Milton Keynes and Cheddington.
Generally the support was good and funny especially the beach ball incident but I still thought the chant was unnecessary, and I thought it was before the double idiot pitch invasion. But hey ho, we had a good turn out considering and more of the same next season, but with a higher finish please.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024