Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today 11:50 - Apr 6 with 972 viewsdurham_exile

Following the U’s recent run of good form, TH has a confident squad from which to select his team for this afternoon’s Easter Monday match against the Tykes.

He has a dilemma with the return from international duty and suspension of Matt Briggs and the emergence of Richard Brindley on loan from Doncaster, who played superbly in the conditions at Vale Park.

Osborne has been recalled by Bristol City.

With Khumalo and Eastman as the preferred centre pairing, TH must decide whether to play Brindley and Wynter or Brindley and Briggs. I think that with home advantage, TH must play his best eleven and to set out his stall for the maximum three points on offer.

It is a close call but I think he will retain Brindley and Wynter with Briggs on the bench.

The midfield is also another close call with the energetic Lapslie picking up a knock on a heavy pitch in the Potteries on Good Friday. Gilbey, Moncur, Massey and Murphy are certain to start leaving a close call between Szmodics or the experienced Fox, if deemed fit to play. This leaves Chris Porter as the lone striker although I suspect that he will receive more attacking support from Murphy and Massey.

Therefore line up as follows with 4, 5, 1 defending and 4, 3, 3 attacking:

Walker

Brindley Khumalo Eastman Wynter

Gilbey Moncur Szmodics

Murphy Porter Massey

Subs:

Lewington, Vincent-Young, Briggs, Olufemi, Bonne, Sembie-Ferris, Healey

The Reds come into the game on the back of a damaging derby defeat to the Blades in front of over 17,000 at Oakwell on Easter Saturday. Their first defeat in 10 games. A bumper crowd at the WHCS today will enjoy a keenly contested match between two team with differing ambitions. Barnsley have an outside chance of forcing their way into the play offs, whilst a revitalised Colchester are at last showing the type of form that they are capable of and that means avoiding relegation for a third successive season.

Indeed there are only three teams in the Division who have nothing to play for this season, Doncaster, Oldham and Gillingham. Everyone else is either nervously looking up or looking down.

Colchester need no motivation for this one, you only had to witness the emotion on Friday when first Moncur and then Murphy scored the vital goals. Jabo Ibehre is playing for the Tykes now and that should spur the U’s on to ensure he knows at 4.50pm just what he walked away from.

Every game is vital now. Performance and result is everything. Incredibly there are still 21 points to play for.

Table:

Port Vale 40 -9 48
Walsall 39 -6 47
Scunny 39 -10 47
Coventry 40 -11 46
Crewe 40 -32 46
Orient 39 -3 45
…………………………..
Notts Co 39 -13 44
Crawley 40 -22 44
COL U 39 -16 41
Yeovil 40 -32 33

Keep the faith, enjoy the game.

Three points today is the rallying cry, which will set up the game at the Ricoh on Saturday in order to bring Colchester out of the bottom four at the most important of times. It is still three teams from nine to join the Glovers in League Two.

Colchester have momentum and that is crucial at the business end of the season.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 16:49 - Apr 6 with 933 viewsBarsidepete

Oh right, the week I don't predict Gavin to score first, he does

And now our George who I did pick to score waits until late to make it 3-1

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 17:09 - Apr 6 with 926 viewsBluenWightExile

Marvellous Durham!

Terrific

3 more wins needed and we've a proper chance.
See....I'm keeping the faith!

Up the U's

Pinault-noir

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 17:13 - Apr 6 with 925 viewsMadeira163

col u 3-1 18/1
massey to score in a 3-1 25/1

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Barnsley to be on 17:26 - Apr 6 with 918 viewsBarsidepete

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 17:13 - Apr 6 by Madeira163

col u 3-1 18/1
massey to score in a 3-1 25/1

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You saying you had quid on this? Wow.

updated table and not looking too bad:

18. Coventry (41) ... -11 ... 47
19. Crawley (41) ... -20 ... 47
20. Leyton Orient (40) ... -3 ... 46
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
21. Crewe Alexandra (41) ... -33 ... 46
22. Notts County (40) ... -13 ... 45
23. COLCHESTER (40) ... -14 ... 44
24. Yeovil (41) ... -36 ... 33

edit: this so doable. 3-1 today, holey moley.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2015 17:42]

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 17:35 - Apr 6 with 911 viewsdurham_exile

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 17:09 - Apr 6 by BluenWightExile

Marvellous Durham!

Terrific

3 more wins needed and we've a proper chance.
See....I'm keeping the faith!

Up the U's

BluenWight - this is what the U's are capable of.

Still much to do, but my Barnsley chop will taste extra special!

Momentum is with the U's

Brilliant.

Up the U's

bring on the Sky Blues!

Durham_exile

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 17:46 - Apr 6 with 902 viewsBarsidepete

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 17:35 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

BluenWight - this is what the U's are capable of.

Still much to do, but my Barnsley chop will taste extra special!

Momentum is with the U's

Brilliant.

Up the U's

bring on the Sky Blues!

Ey, Pete. I tried to nail it with original Sky Blues thread --subject line since edited -- this was going to be a massive tie.

Thing is, Coventry doesn't play well at home. Where is the site manager of them to ask us our opinion for the match day programme? Try us

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 18:43 - Apr 6 with 879 viewsgerry_us

Been entertaining so only heard the half time score. ... until now
Had predicted 3-0, but hey ho; it'll do.
Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 18:56 - Apr 6 with 869 viewsdurham_exile

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 18:43 - Apr 6 by gerry_us

Been entertaining so only heard the half time score. ... until now
Had predicted 3-0, but hey ho; it'll do.

Gerry whatever you are doing on Saturday - you simply have to get to the Ricoh.

In fact everyone has to go to the Ricoh!

The faithful to roar on the U's and the Barside boys will be making all the noise.

Murphy Massey Moncur, between them have transformed the U's season.

Still much to do but we have every chance. No time for complacency.

Walsall 40 -6 48
Port Vale 40 -10 48
Scunny 39 -10 47
Coventry 41 -11 47
Crawley 41 -20 47
Orient 40 -3 46 (in fairness to Gillingham they are doing their best for the U's)
Crewe 41 -33 46
Notts Co 40 -13 45
COL U 40 -14 44
Yeovil 41 -36 33

6 Cup finals:

Coventry A
Chesterfield A
Scunny H

Win those three and with 53 points we can really enjoy ourselves!

Fleetwood A
Swindon H
PNE H

I am going to Coventry, Fleetwood and PNE (Home)

Keep the faith

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 19:27 - Apr 6 with 859 viewsgerry_us

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 18:56 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

Gerry whatever you are doing on Saturday - you simply have to get to the Ricoh.

In fact everyone has to go to the Ricoh!

The faithful to roar on the U's and the Barside boys will be making all the noise.

Murphy Massey Moncur, between them have transformed the U's season.

Still much to do but we have every chance. No time for complacency.

Walsall 40 -6 48
Port Vale 40 -10 48
Scunny 39 -10 47
Coventry 41 -11 47
Crawley 41 -20 47
Orient 40 -3 46 (in fairness to Gillingham they are doing their best for the U's)
Crewe 41 -33 46
Notts Co 40 -13 45
COL U 40 -14 44
Yeovil 41 -36 33

6 Cup finals:

Coventry A
Chesterfield A
Scunny H

Win those three and with 53 points we can really enjoy ourselves!

Fleetwood A
Swindon H
PNE H

I am going to Coventry, Fleetwood and PNE (Home)

Keep the faith

Up the U's

Sorry Pete but prior engagement precludes Coventry but will be there in spirit and most certainly in person at Chesvegas on Tuesday.
Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 20:07 - Apr 6 with 833 viewsBarsidepete

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 19:27 - Apr 6 by gerry_us

Sorry Pete but prior engagement precludes Coventry but will be there in spirit and most certainly in person at Chesvegas on Tuesday.

Yer beginning to make us two Petes sound like the two Mikes. I don't agree with lotsa Pete says

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 20:22 - Apr 6 with 824 viewsBarsidepete

So waiting on the 6000 word Noah recap. Ok, 7000 words. :D .. Go on then

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 20:40 - Apr 6 with 818 viewsbwildered

It took a hour, but finally the wide men contributed, Murphy cutting inside and Massey finishing at the far post, and a little later Massey returning the compliment . With Moncur firing home after more good work from Massey to seal the win .
Numerous free kicks where given away in are own half, Walker dealt admirably with all except the resultant sloppy goal near half time after the defence fail to clear by the near post .
What was pleasing was how we pushed up square playing a decent off side in the final ten minutes.
A excellent team performance which should boost more confidence considering falling behind , looking far more treating with Moncur and Gilby playing on Porters drop down distribution .
Destiny still in our own hands , but cannot afford any slip ups .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 23:51 - Apr 7 with 717 viewsBarsidepete

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 20:40 - Apr 6 by bwildered

It took a hour, but finally the wide men contributed, Murphy cutting inside and Massey finishing at the far post, and a little later Massey returning the compliment . With Moncur firing home after more good work from Massey to seal the win .
Numerous free kicks where given away in are own half, Walker dealt admirably with all except the resultant sloppy goal near half time after the defence fail to clear by the near post .
What was pleasing was how we pushed up square playing a decent off side in the final ten minutes.
A excellent team performance which should boost more confidence considering falling behind , looking far more treating with Moncur and Gilby playing on Porters drop down distribution .

Nicely said. No slip ups . BW, how many points you reckon we honestly need? I'm of mind if all last 6 draws (nutter notion, but that's not the point), 6 may do it. 2 wins may do it.

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 00:05 - Apr 8 with 713 viewswessex_exile

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 20:40 - Apr 6 by bwildered

Absolutely, Massey particularly 2nd half was at his best, and had the right back turning so much he was utterly lost and didn't know what to do. First half was woeful however, though really not helped by an appalling performance from Mr Fussy Keith Hill. I'm not going to be too hard on Walker, it was a weak wrist to deflect the goal, but it was point blank virtually, he had no time to really do much about it. The blame for that one really lies in the U's not doing the simple things and clearing their lines over at the touchline, compounded by more poor officiating to award the free kick in the first place.

However, whatever Tony Humes said to fire them up at half time, it bloody well worked!

#onegameatatime!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 14:12 - Apr 8 with 679 viewsdurham_exile

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 23:51 - Apr 7 by Barsidepete

Nicely said. No slip ups . BW, how many points you reckon we honestly need? I'm of mind if all last 6 draws (nutter notion, but that's not the point), 6 may do it. 2 wins may do it.

Pete I reckon three more wins at least, this one is going down to the wire.

It could be a season where even 52 points may not be enough.

Still we have hit form at exactly the right time.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Barnsley to be "chopped and diced" by revitalised U's today on 18:13 - Apr 8 with 657 viewsbwildered

Now got more points than players played !
Next goal is more points than goals scored which would put us thereabouts .
Herbie to make us ride again ( 53 ) will be a MINIMUM requirement, but with a maximum will now fail to feature in the last play off place ( thanks for that Fruitbat ) .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024