Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS 14:24 - Apr 28 with 1154 viewsdurham_exile

TH leads his charges for the first of two season defining games at the WHCS this evening.

Swindon Town boss Mark Cooper having secured fourth spot in the table and a probable semi-final match against the Blades, has incurred criticism (particularly from MK Dons)for fielding an under strength team at Deepdale at the weekend. He has responded by promising to play his strongest team this evening. Well bring it on!

The key to the play offs is arriving with momentum and you could argue that Chesterfield has that in spades at present.

Still back to tonight. It is our game in hand following Swindon forcing a postponement because of 6 players on International duty.

Our magnificent win at the Cod Army on Saturday has not only kept our season alive but also allows us to win both remaining games and stay up regardless of what others do.

Under fire boss TH, from a significant minority of the faithful on Saturday, has issued a rallying call to his squad to keep up the good work.

The belief that was shown on Saturday and the quality of play from Murphy, Moncur, Massey and Chris Porter in particular could well cement our place in league one for another season.

The reasonably well informed Swindon Advertiser reckons that neither Walker nor Fox are fully fit; but if they both play as well tonight as on Saturday we wont go far wrong.

Expect the same formation 4, 3, 3 as in recent home matches and the same team selection as Saturday:

Walker

Brindley Khumalo Eastman Briggs

Gilbey Fox Moncur

Massey Porter Murphy

Subs:

Lewington Wynter Szmodics Lapslie Sembie-Ferris Bonne Healey

It would be good to be sufficiently ahead with 20 minutes to play to rest some of the regulars ahead of the PNE game. I genuinely believe that we can do this.

Sorry Mark Cooper but you are only the hors d'oeuvres tonight; the main course arrives on Sunday.

Table and final game(s):

Coventry 45 -12 52 - (Crawley Away)
Crewe 45 -31 52 - (Bradford Home)
Notts Co 45 -16 50 - (Gillingham Away)
Crawley 45 -25 50 - (Coventry Home)
Orient 45 -10 48 - (Swindon Away)
COL U 44 -20 48 - (Swindon Home, PNE Home)
Yeovil 45 -35 40 (R) - (MK Dons Away)

Enjoy the game; (it might be just too early for Noah flying back from Nepal).

Keep the faith.

Up the U's

Remember a win tonight and we move to 19th in the table. Psychologically out of the bottom four.

Believe

[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 16:49]

Durham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 14:26 - Apr 28 with 1148 viewsmrhappy

HUGE

col u to win 3-1

2-0 HT

they pull one back

we get last in last minute.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 16:24 - Apr 28 with 1116 viewsTheOldOakTree

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 14:26 - Apr 28 by mrhappy

HUGE

col u to win 3-1

2-0 HT

they pull one back

we get last in last minute.

HUGE indeed!

Can't stop looking at the clock, I hope the team are raring to go as much as I am! Started my vocal exercises already.

Nothing is that easy at Col U, I predict 2-0 down at HT with 3 goals for the U's in the second half.

Two straight wins, Southend make an illegal approach for Tony in the Summer and we are left with Jurgen Klopp to pick up the pieces.

Beat that for optimism Durham!
Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 16:47 - Apr 28 with 1108 viewsdurham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 16:24 - Apr 28 by TheOldOakTree

HUGE indeed!

Can't stop looking at the clock, I hope the team are raring to go as much as I am! Started my vocal exercises already.

Nothing is that easy at Col U, I predict 2-0 down at HT with 3 goals for the U's in the second half.

Two straight wins, Southend make an illegal approach for Tony in the Summer and we are left with Jurgen Klopp to pick up the pieces.

Beat that for optimism Durham!

TOOT - I couldn't get remotely close to that level of optimism!

Enjoy the game tonight - three valuable points.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 16:55 - Apr 28 with 1096 viewsBarsidepete

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 16:47 - Apr 28 by durham_exile

TOOT - I couldn't get remotely close to that level of optimism!

Enjoy the game tonight - three valuable points.

Up the U's

Feeling very confident, Pete (and Toot)...

Literally control our own fate.

There is a remote chance that 3 points today will be plenty. Will I have fingernails left on Sunday? news as it develops

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 18:38 - Apr 28 with 1068 viewsColukev

Honestly feel so sick right now.

I think nothing short of 6 points would save us.

How do you all see the out come with 4 or 3 points. Would a win tonight and a draw on Saturday see us good?
Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 18:52 - Apr 28 with 1058 viewsBarsidepete

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 18:38 - Apr 28 by Colukev

How do you all see the out come with 4 or 3 points. Would a win tonight and a draw on Saturday see us good?

Kev. I believe a draw is ok and keeps hope alive for PNE, Sunday.

But a win today? wow.

Hope alive.

Up the U's.

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 18:56 - Apr 28 with 1053 viewsdurham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 18:38 - Apr 28 by Colukev

Colukev -

A win tonight is vital - that gives us 51 points and moves us out of the zone

Then a draw on Sunday may not be enough (52 points)

However a win on Sunday and we are definitely safe (54 points)

The key matches on Sunday are all shown in my earlier post, but put simply two wins and it doesn't matter what anyone else does, we will be safe.

Don't worry about those nerves, you need the adrenalin to flow.

You will be on a high at 2135hrs.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 20:01 - Apr 28 with 1035 viewswessex_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 18:56 - Apr 28 by durham_exile

Colukev -

A win tonight is vital - that gives us 51 points and moves us out of the zone

Then a draw on Sunday may not be enough (52 points)

However a win on Sunday and we are definitely safe (54 points)

The key matches on Sunday are all shown in my earlier post, but put simply two wins and it doesn't matter what anyone else does, we will be safe.

Don't worry about those nerves, you need the adrenalin to flow.

You will be on a high at 2135hrs.

Up the U's

Excellent start, and it could be more than 1-0 to the U's so far!

Come on Col U!!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 20:12 - Apr 28 with 1030 viewsBarsidepete

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 20:01 - Apr 28 by wessex_exile

Come on Col U!!!

Aw shoot. I had Moncur to net the first

edit:
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 20:15]

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 20:27 - Apr 28 with 1021 viewsdurham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 20:01 - Apr 28 by wessex_exile

Come on Col U!!!

Come on the U's

Sky have shown the goal hopefully we will see a couple more for Col U

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 20:35 - Apr 28 with 1010 viewsgerry_us

Gonna be a loooong 45 minutes coming up . Another goal in the 1st minute of the second half would be nice. Let's not, however go all defensive as we are not good at it.
Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 20:36 - Apr 28 with 1009 viewsdurham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 20:27 - Apr 28 by durham_exile

Come on the U's

Sky have shown the goal hopefully we will see a couple more for Col U

Up the U's

HT 1 - 0

As things stand we are out of the bottom four.

We now need to score again and keep the robins at bay

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 21:01 - Apr 28 with 992 viewsBarsidepete

Aw crap. 1-1

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 21:14 - Apr 28 with 975 viewsBarsidepete

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 21:01 - Apr 28 by Barsidepete

Aw crap. 1-1

As I said, a draw would not be the worst fate.

All to play for Sunday. But must hang on for dear life, one point minimum.

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 21:40 - Apr 28 with 957 viewsdurham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 21:14 - Apr 28 by Barsidepete

As I said, a draw would not be the worst fate.

All to play for Sunday. But must hang on for dear life, one point minimum.

I fear it is not enough but it now means we simply have to win on Sunday

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 21:48 - Apr 28 with 940 viewsBarsidepete

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 21:40 - Apr 28 by durham_exile

I fear it is not enough but it now means we simply have to win on Sunday

Up the U's

So many potential numeric scenarios that my head will explode.

But we always knew a win v PNE would be required.

Glad for a point. *sigh*

Everything to Play for Sunday!

The Wessie will be rocking! Packed house and a playoff game for the ages.

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 22:08 - Apr 28 with 913 viewswessex_exile

Very simple now:

a) we MUST win on Sunday - unlikely, but I'm taking heart from a spirited performance tonight
b) Crewe lose at home to Bradford - quite likely
c) Notts County get nothing more than a point at Gillingham - very likely
d) Crawley get nothing more than a point at home to Coventry - less likely

If we beat PNE, we actually only need two of the three other options to go our way, and I think (b) and (c) are eminently possible. I haven't considered Orient, because their only (very slim) chance is if we don't win, in which case we're down anyway.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 22:33 - Apr 28 with 887 viewsbwildered

Great team effort tonight, really played well, loads of chances missed, but never worked visiting goalie enough, but Swindon retained ball better second half, Walker pull off several good saves in a open end to end second half . Porters header came back off the inside of far post with five to go could have been the game changer at the death .
Just the result tarnished excellent game of football .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 07:37 - Apr 29 with 770 viewsdurham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 22:08 - Apr 28 by wessex_exile

Very simple now:

a) we MUST win on Sunday - unlikely, but I'm taking heart from a spirited performance tonight
b) Crewe lose at home to Bradford - quite likely
c) Notts County get nothing more than a point at Gillingham - very likely
d) Crawley get nothing more than a point at home to Coventry - less likely

If we beat PNE, we actually only need two of the three other options to go our way, and I think (b) and (c) are eminently possible. I haven't considered Orient, because their only (very slim) chance is if we don't win, in which case we're down anyway.

Ultimately Wessex, if we fail on Sunday it will be as a result of the 12 home defeats this season rather than the results of one single game.

Absolutely gutted at the moment.

We fight on with another final game drama, but it is no longer entirely in our own hands.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robin's wings to be well and truly clipped tonight at Fortress WHCS on 12:40 - Apr 29 with 674 viewsBluenWightExile

Spot on Durham.
This is our own doing in many ways - not holding on to the 3 points at Gillingham and v Scunthorpe are good examples of this.
I am glad they tried so hard last night but that home form hints at simply not being - or being managed to be - good enough this year.

I too am gutted.
When they took such an early lead I thought they'd build on it and take some pressure off Sunday.

Now, I suppose, you could argue there's less pressure on Sunday, after all.

The poor crowd last night was a summation of how we are viewed.

Up the U's but now we do indeed need others to fail too.

Time to go make a picture and forget about it.

Happenings out in NOah's Nepal are, as you say, far more important.

Pinault-noir

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024