Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's 14:18 - Sep 15 with 1144 viewsdurham_exile

The annual pilgrimage to Bramall Lane awaits the beleaguered TH and his charges.

This is always one of the most keenly anticipated games of the season and with a new man in charge, Nigel Adkins, the Blades have so far not managed to set the steel city alight.

I have watched the 11 minutes of highlights from the bright lights of Chesvegas and after last season's thrashing was grateful to see a useful point picked up especially with a 3-1 deficit with 20 minutes to play.

Marvin Sordell could ignite the U's with his pace and goals and once fully match fit should live up to the considerable promise that he brings to the club.

Now whatever the rights or wrongs of supporting or criticising TH he must realise that the Number One on his team sheet has to be George Moncur. It is sheer lunacy to keep him on the bench or worse.

The Blades will be hurting after they were "All Shook Up" at the weekend. Still back to back home defeats is not unthinkable and now is as good a time to play them as any.

TH must look to attack from the outset. After all there will be no 3-1 comeback against Sheffield United tonight.

I was pleased to see that he started on Saturday with Sordell, Harriott and Massey, on paper genuine pace and the ability to hurt teams.

Jones

Vincent-Young Eastman Elokobi Briggs

Garvan Moncur Gilbey

Harriott Sordell Massey

Subs:

Parish Brindley Kent Szmodics Bonne Ambrose Sembie-Ferris

Safe journey to all travelling supporters, enjoy the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 20:13 - Sep 15 with 1098 viewsdurham_exile

Brilliant by Moncur

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 20:16 - Sep 15 with 1091 viewsBarsidepete

Wow

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 20:47 - Sep 15 with 1074 viewsgerry_us

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 20:16 - Sep 15 by Barsidepete

Wow

Are you watching over there?
I think I'm at the wrong ground!
Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 21:07 - Sep 15 with 1062 viewsdurham_exile

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 20:47 - Sep 15 by gerry_us

Come on Col u

Now 2-2

Confidence required now

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 21:27 - Sep 15 with 1056 viewsdurham_exile

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 21:07 - Sep 15 by durham_exile

Come on Col u

Now 2-2

Confidence required now

Up the U's

SORDELL

Durham_exile

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 21:29 - Sep 15 with 1052 viewsPaddyA140

i can't bear this
Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 21:32 - Sep 15 with 1047 viewsdurham_exile

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 21:29 - Sep 15 by PaddyA140

i can't bear this

Big George sent off Kent on for Moncur

Durham_exile

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 21:34 - Sep 15 with 1044 viewsdurham_exile

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 21:32 - Sep 15 by durham_exile

Big George sent off Kent on for Moncur

Penalty saved by Jones

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 21:41 - Sep 15 with 1041 viewsdurham_exile

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 21:34 - Sep 15 by durham_exile

Penalty saved by Jones

7 additional minutes great victory

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 21:59 - Sep 15 with 1018 viewsLeadbelly

Did not see that coming. Much needed three points.

Perhaps if home games contained as much incident and excitement a few more people would attend!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 22:10 - Sep 15 with 1006 viewsnoah4x4

On bus coming home. Fuller report tomorrow.

What a game. Two penalty saves by Jones. One then retaken at linesmans bequest. Referee did all he could to conspire a home victory and failed. Elokobi deserved red, but foul was outside area, confirmed on TV replay. Where did six minutes added time come from when no injury delays? Even then, he played eight.

Well deserved victory!
Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 22:17 - Sep 15 with 996 viewsnoah4x4

We often play better away. Here we out sang 17000 silent bewildered Blades fans for most of the match. I saw the positives of our new signings at Chesterfield. Tonight we were awesome.

Future quiz question; which U's keeper saved two penalties before making his home debut (albeit one then successfully retaken).

11 goals in 2 games? U's score six in two games plus hit post four times. Let's hope the home crowds get behind them now.
Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 22:18 - Sep 15 with 994 viewsmrhappy

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 22:10 - Sep 15 by noah4x4

On bus coming home. Fuller report tomorrow.

What a game. Two penalty saves by Jones. One then retaken at linesmans bequest. Referee did all he could to conspire a home victory and failed. Elokobi deserved red, but foul was outside area, confirmed on TV replay. Where did six minutes added time come from when no injury delays? Even then, he played eight.

Well deserved victory!

Superb win !!!!

A season game changer!!!

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 22:33 - Sep 15 with 983 viewsLeadbelly

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 22:17 - Sep 15 by noah4x4

We often play better away. Here we out sang 17000 silent bewildered Blades fans for most of the match. I saw the positives of our new signings at Chesterfield. Tonight we were awesome.

Future quiz question; which U's keeper saved two penalties before making his home debut (albeit one then successfully retaken).

11 goals in 2 games? U's score six in two games plus hit post four times. Let's hope the home crowds get behind them now.

Don't you count booing as singing? That's all I could hear on the radio commentary!

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 22:49 - Sep 15 with 974 viewswessex_exile

When Billy Sharp scored the retaken penalty, it was reported he laughed in the face of Jones - wonder if the classless d'ck is still laughing?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 23:03 - Sep 15 with 967 viewsBarsidepete

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 20:47 - Sep 15 by gerry_us

U's Player, Gerry. Listening. That was positively outstanding I still can't stop grinning

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 09:45 - Sep 16 with 902 viewsgerry_us

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 23:03 - Sep 15 by Barsidepete

U's Player, Gerry. Listening. That was positively outstanding I still can't stop grinning

Blood pressure happily back to normal this morning.
Eleven goals in two games over four days is unprecedented in my long history of watching U's. This just maybe the start of our long awaited revival.
Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 11:56 - Sep 16 with 871 viewsLeadbelly

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 22:49 - Sep 15 by wessex_exile

When Billy Sharp scored the retaken penalty, it was reported he laughed in the face of Jones - wonder if the classless d'ck is still laughing?

Never liked Sharp. Couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo during his dismal stint at Leeds. Just about found his level now.

Blades to be cut down to size by improving U's on 14:05 - Sep 16 with 840 viewsburnsieespana

Well done TH and the boys. Would have happily taken one point. Few more results like the last two and we will quickly climb the table.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024