Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeking for a ride 21:04 - Dec 8 with 533 viewsMicRay_Flamen

Two of us from University of Essex want to watch the Essex derby Col U vs Southend on 26th Dec. But there will be no bus that day. I wonder if anyone living nearby can give us a ride.
If you are willing to help us, please contact me by e-mail: fqi@essex.ac.uk
Many thanks!
Seeking for a ride on 23:38 - Dec 8 with 508 viewswessex_exile

Can't help you myself chaps, but hopefully a kindly soul from Wivenhoe or thereabouts can. Otherwise, not too much of a trek if you want to walk it to the shuttle buses at North Station?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Seeking for a ride on 11:24 - Dec 9 with 488 viewsgerry_us

Seeking for a ride on 23:38 - Dec 8 by wessex_exile

Can't help you myself chaps, but hopefully a kindly soul from Wivenhoe or thereabouts can. Otherwise, not too much of a trek if you want to walk it to the shuttle buses at North Station?

Oh come now Wessex, they're students; they don't walk anywhere!
Seeking for a ride on 14:02 - Dec 9 with 481 viewsLeadbelly

I reckon you can walk from the university to Bruff Close (shuttle bus stop) in well under an hour. Route planner says approximately 3.5 miles but there are shorter routes available when on foot.

I will be walking to the ground on Boxing Day but as the inlaws live about 400 yards away it's not much of an effort.

I quite often walk from Lawford to the Bricklayers before a game. Between 8 & 9 miles and usually done in 2 hours 20 minutes...and I'm nearly 50! First pint doesn't last long though. Where's my medal?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Seeking for a ride on 15:20 - Dec 9 with 472 viewsBarsidepete

Seeking for a ride on 14:02 - Dec 9 by Leadbelly

I reckon you can walk from the university to Bruff Close (shuttle bus stop) in well under an hour. Route planner says approximately 3.5 miles but there are shorter routes available when on foot.

I will be walking to the ground on Boxing Day but as the inlaws live about 400 yards away it's not much of an effort.

I quite often walk from Lawford to the Bricklayers before a game. Between 8 & 9 miles and usually done in 2 hours 20 minutes...and I'm nearly 50! First pint doesn't last long though. Where's my medal?

Lol, you make me think of my days as a kid in Germany when my parents, god bless em, where on many weekends we'd go on a "Volksmarch" -- ("folks walk?") -- a 5K or a 10K walk, not a competitive run ... You'd get these spectacular medals for finishing one or the other.

In hindsight is was mostly about getting tourists to a small town and they handed you a medal which was almost a Christmas ornament, honouring their city, sometimes with no more than 1000-2000 people and 5-10,000 showed up that weekend to participate.

I'm 51. Where's my medal, Lead?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024