Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 01:03 - Jan 18 with 1932 viewsBarsidepete

RSCOSWORTH and THRILLSEEKER were a perfect 4-0 for 6 points. So much for me picking all away winners. That went .. not well.
LEADBELLY and MFB_CUFC had quality 3-1 weeks ... DURHAM_EXILE remains in the thick of it for the title -- his tie-breaker could be pick percentage as he missed one game... GERRY_US apparently decided he won't finish with the wooden spoon.
*Reminder, the final week (4) will be Super Bowl Sunday -- pick winner, point spread, over-under, most passing yards, rushing yards, and first team to commit a turnover. Plus 5 points for closest to correct score, but you must predict the winning team. You could theoretically predict a winner one way and in the "correct score" go the other way. That's on you.

--For those who understand the inside joke, it is debatable if winning the Superb Owl playoffs or the regular season title is a bigger deal. I call it the Superb Owl because of Graham Norton ... The first time he called the Super Bowl that I fell off my sofa laughing ...

... Like when I was sent a link for Mitchell & Webb's "Watch the football." And I coughed up on my laptop laughing...

Results:

1 point games:
Kansas City Chiefs 20 at NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 27
Green Bay Packers 20 at ARIZONA CARDINALS 26 F-OT

2 point games:
Seattle Seahawks 24 at CAROLINA PANTHERS 31
Pittsburgh Steelers 16 at DENVER BRONCOS 23

THE SUPERB OWL TABLE (2 of 4): (tie-breaker: points, pick percentage, then first to post)

RSCOSWORTH ...... (4-0) ... (6) ............ (7-1) ... (10 pts)
thrillseeker ............ (4-0) ... (6) ............ (6-2) ... (8)
durham_exile ........ (2-2) ... (3) ............ (5-2) ... (8)
Leadbelly .............. (3-1) ... (4) ............ (5-3) ... (7)
mfb_cufc .............. (3-1) ... (4) ............ (5-3) ... (7)
gerry_us ............... (2-2) ... (3) ............ (3-5) ... (4)
Barsidepete .......... (0-4) ... (0) ............ (2-6) ... (2)

Both games worth 3 points each: The AFC title game and the NFC title game (Sun. 24 Jan)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS at DENVER BRONCOS (15:05 Eastern time zone/ 20:05 GMT)
ARIZONA CARDINALS at CAROLINA PANTHERS (18:40 ET/ 23:40 GMT)

Um, good look?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 7:28]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 06:32 - Jan 18 with 1891 viewsthrillseeker

New England Patriots
Carolina Panthers
The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 07:07 - Jan 18 with 1884 viewsBarsidepete

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 06:32 - Jan 18 by thrillseeker

New England Patriots
Carolina Panthers

For those who don't know, Thrillo played American football, forget the team

You don't wanna meet him in a dark alley.

He actually played football. Like Happy did, "soccer."

Or BFG. We have posters who played professionally ... Roy McDonough, who doesn't use "his name?"

Sometimes I shake my head. You don't realise who posts here.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 8:17]

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 08:41 - Jan 18 with 1873 viewsLeadbelly

Patriots
Panthers

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 15:51 - Jan 18 with 1849 viewsBarsidepete

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 08:41 - Jan 18 by Leadbelly

Patriots
Panthers

Same as Thrillseeker? Pats, Panthers?

This will clearly come down to SB Sunday with all the exotic Vegas picks.

And as is traditional, the 5 point pick the score. Your winner must win --can be different than your pick the winner, for us decade long, you know what I mean -- but you can't predict the loser and be within 1 point, 24-23 ... It means you have to predict the winner twice, but not bad strategy to go opposite of pick the winner. The point spread will be worth 2 points as always, the Vegas pick you win the fortune on, not pick winner.

Anyway, onward for the AFC and NFC title games. Hope they're good ones, you PL'ers and those who pop in to see what we're on about.

I would Love to see a Patriots v Panthers final. That would be epic. Carolina's QB Cam Newton is one of the greatest young players I've ever witnessed. Brady v Newton? Bring it on!

*other possibilities not bad, subject to VAT.

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 16:44 - Jan 18 with 1841 viewsgerry_us

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
CAROLINA PANTHERS
The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 17:00 - Jan 18 with 1837 viewsBarsidepete

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 16:44 - Jan 18 by gerry_us

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
CAROLINA PANTHERS

Another Pats, Panthers?

*enough have read that Barside rant. I've deleted it finally ∑;)
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 0:16]

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 15:07 - Jan 19 with 1809 viewsdurham_exile

Patriots

Panthers

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 16:45 - Jan 22 with 1778 viewsBarsidepete

That may be the smallest crowd in the history of the NFL, 73,000 capacity, in Charlotte, albeit sold out, with our East Coast snow blizzard.

There are easily 10-15,000 fans up here in Virginia of the Panthers -- just like there were probably 10-15,000 Washington Redskins fans who attended the game earlier in Charlotte during the season.

The NFL doesn't cancel em unless there is an asteroid attack. 12-25 inches in DC; 4 inches in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Even New England at Denver is forecast to have some snow. Woo-whup

If you're betting the over-under I'd go under... 23 F right now in DC ...

The nutters have the over/under -snow- at 23.6 inches by Saturday night ... Schools are scheduled to be closed till Wednesday! We here across the pond are fekked!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 16:52]

Login to get fewer ads

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 17:35 - Jan 23 with 1753 viewsmfb_cufc

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
ARIZONA CARDINALS

mfb

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 00:34 - Jan 24 with 1746 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Week 3

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
CAROLINA PANTHERS

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 08:07 - Jan 24 with 1738 viewsBarsidepete

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS at DENVER BRONCOS (15:05 Eastern time zone/ 20:05 GMT) --Denver
ARIZONA CARDINALS at CAROLINA PANTHERS (18:40 ET/ 23:40 GMT) --Arizona

Betfred picks.

Expect Broncs and Zona to cover. Cardinals have been tipped as being in the Super Bowl all year. What changed? Carolina doesn't play anyone during the season.

Denver? That's a fortress. You bet against the Broncs at home? Good luck with that.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2016 8:09]

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 23:11 - Jan 24 with 1717 viewsBarsidepete

First update:

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 12 at DENVER BRONCOS 20 (late 4th quarter)

Told you.
You put dosh on the point spread today, Broncos, you are living large.

OMG. Gronk with a catch at the 10 from Brady. 40 seconds left.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2016 23:27]

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 23:42 - Jan 24 with 1711 viewsBarsidepete

First Final, updates to follow:

New England Patriots 18 at DENVER BRONCOS 20 Final

Denver v the winner of the later game.

In San Francisco/Santa Clara/Superb Owl 50 -- the "golden one" -- expect to spend about $2000 for one ticket. You better be hardcore NFL fan. Otherwise just watch on the teley.

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 00:28 - Jan 25 with 1696 viewsBarsidepete

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 17:35 - Jan 23 by mfb_cufc

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
ARIZONA CARDINALS

Nope..
If you put a small fortune on the Broncs, .. you may be retiring 2mora.

I personally can go to España shortly. I literally made $50,000 on this game.

Suckers!

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 00:57 - Jan 25 with 1688 viewsBarsidepete

New England Patriots 18 at DENVER BRONCOS 20 Final

ARIZONA CARDINALS 7 at CAROLINA PANTHERS 27 (3rd quarter) -- and while we are Redskins Nation here, there are many, many Panthers supporters here in Virginia ∑:P

Leans to be a Denver Broncos v Carolina Panthers Super Bowl in San Francisco/Santa Clara in two weeks.

Cam Newton, Panthers quarterback who gives every single ball after a TD to a kiddo in the stands. Every one! ... He is such a joy to watch.

Panthers v Broncos Super Bowl? Cam v Peyton Manning? You are all set. The NFL at its best.

.. edit:

Broncos v Panthers.

There is your game I think. And nuttin wrong with that.

There is no way Arizona is coming back from that -- the best team in the NFC versus the legendary QB, Peyton, in the AFC for the title. No one here in states will complain. Denver v Carolina. That's actually a dream matchup.

In America? we're all good.

Superb Owl, Denver v Carolina? No complaints.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2016 1:57]

The NFL PL Playoffs, RSCOSWORTH top, week 3 of 4, Deadline: Sun 20:00 on 02:20 - Jan 25 with 1666 viewsBarsidepete

Arizona Cardinals 15 at CAROLINA PANTHERS 49 -- Final

Denver Broncos v Carolina Panthers for the Super Bowl in Santa Clara/San Francisco in two weeks --- this is one of the most devastating destructions in a title game I've seen in my life.

Carolina has destroyed Arizona. It's beyond the words "it's not funny." This is a total annihilation .

And in DC we don't dislike Carolina. They're kind of likable.
And the Panthers QB Cam Newton? He is such a nice fella. He's the boy next door you'd be ok with your daughter marrying. He gives footballs to kids; he does charity work.Carolina v Denver, spectacular.

PANTHERS v BRONCOS in Santa Clara/San Francisco for Super Bowl 50

More updates this week. That's the championship. Enjoy.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2016 2:59]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024