Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today 10:48 - Feb 5 with 1163 viewsdurham_exile

Revitalised, resurgent, resurrected the Super U’s under WB and his assistants travel the short distance to Brisbane Road (the Breyer Group Stadium) buoyed by support from 1100 of the faithful including Noah, Wessex and Mr and Mrs Witham).

So, 5 points from three games and it perhaps should have been 7 points, still an unbeaten run is just what the doctor ordered and the U’s will travel with considerable confidence.

Now our recent record against Orient is decent and Kenny Jacket has stated that he is not bothering about Colchester although he clarified his remarks with, but we do our research into all clubs, but we can beat anyone. Big Frank will be unable to play against us today. We haven’t played Orient yet this season and the two games will be vital as the U’s continue to climb away from trouble at the basement.

Tuesday night's result was disappointing, but we did achieve a minor milestone, that of climbing one place in the table after Carlisle’s woes continued. There can be no complacency however with difficult games to come and six pointers against our fellow relegation contenders.

Selected positions:
Orient 26 33

Barrow 28 29
COLCHESTER 27 27
Carlisle 28 27
Oldham 26 19
Scunny 28 19

Noah Chilvers is still receiving treatment and should not be risked today. George and Chambers remain suspended , although Chambers will be back for Mansfield on Tuesday night.

Tommy Smith is back from warmer climes, but is not likely to figure in the 18 matchday squad today. Otherwise apart from long term absentee Ryan Clampin WB has plenty to choose from. Now I have been critical of the chairman this season, but he has allowed the investment in key players during the recent transfer window and it is this squad of 30 who will surely see us clear of the dreaded relegation.

Sam Hornby may not be the permanent way, but he is a very good short term option and ensured that we stayed on the right track and he gauged everything to perfection the other evening.

The only doubt in my mind today is whether WB will start with John Akinde in the team. I hope that he does because the big man brings plenty of power and strength to offer much support to the diminutive Sears. WB may well consider Edwards instead we will see.

Possible line up:

Hornby

Tchamadeu Eastman Dallison Kenlock

Wiredu Huws Skuse

Judge

Sears Akinde

Subs:

Collins Welch-Hayes Hannant Andrews Edwards Coxe Tovide

Remaining fixtures:
Orient A
Mansfield A
Carlisle H
Northampton A
Hartlepool H
Oldham H
Orient H
PV H
Scunny A
Bristol Rovers A
FGR H
Tranmere H
Harrogate A
Stevenage H
Exeter A
Bradford H
Newport A
Walsall H
Hartlepool A

So, 19 games to play and still plenty of points to gain. Three points today will forge another milestone, that of 30 points for the season. I wrote the other day about WB’s options and key to these is to play a settled side. Apart from George and Chambers I think the 18 players in the squad shown above form that nucleus. On paper the quality is there and they are beginning to translate their efforts into the ability to win football matches.

Scoreline today a close encounter but the U’s to display their new found confidence and to prevail 2-1 with goals from Wiredu and Akinde.

Weather in East London today will be 10 degrees Celsius, dry and a combination of sunshine and some cloudy intervals.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful

Enjoy the game

Up the U’s

[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 10:48]

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 14:32 - Feb 5 with 1109 viewsburnsieespana

No Huws, Judge or Akinde!
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 15:07 - Feb 5 with 1098 viewsgerry_us

Still got Freddie though....1-0 to the U's 4mins.
Long time to park the bus though!
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 15:38 - Feb 5 with 1088 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 14:32 - Feb 5 by burnsieespana

No Huws, Judge or Akinde!

Injured, wife in labour and COVID respectively

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 16:44 - Feb 5 with 1061 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 15:38 - Feb 5 by Leadbelly

Injured, wife in labour and COVID respectively

Hope all three receive good news to reflect their particular circumstances.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 16:59 - Feb 5 with 1057 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 16:44 - Feb 5 by durham_exile

Hope all three receive good news to reflect their particular circumstances.

Come on the U's

Brilliant today

I see Ryan Lowe was an unused sub.
He impressed me at St James Park against Newcastle.
Definitely a player for the future.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 17:24 - Feb 5 with 1037 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 16:59 - Feb 5 by durham_exile

Brilliant today

I see Ryan Lowe was an unused sub.
He impressed me at St James Park against Newcastle.
Definitely a player for the future.

Up the U's

and on to Mansfield Tuesday.
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 17:45 - Feb 5 with 1011 viewsburnsieespana

Well done Colchester United particularly give the missing players.
A vital win given the other results
Look forward to comments from Wessex and Noah!
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 18:59 - Feb 5 with 971 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 17:45 - Feb 5 by burnsieespana

A superb win overshadowed by allegations of racist abuse directed towards Corie Andrews, which if true is disgraceful.

Incidentally if we can sign Andrews at the end of his loan spell we could do an awful lot worse. I like his pace, skill and link up play and he would be a great option up front to partner either Akinde or Sears.

Bring on the Stags

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 20:27 - Feb 5 with 940 viewsnoah4x4

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 17:45 - Feb 5 by burnsieespana

Bumped into Wessex outside ground then lost contact in a sea of blue and white. Just made my seat in time to see Sears strike. Another game where we should have been out of sight, but usual squeaky bum last ten minutes. U’s fans just massive.

Splendid hospitality in Orient CAMRA bar. So good we didn’t leave until 1900, Cowling to note. Proper real ales and a decent bar means revenue. Heading back to Colchester now for a Chinese and a nice bottle of Malbec or two . Up the mighty unbeaten in four Wayne Browns U’s (hic). See you at Mansfield.
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 21:05 - Feb 5 with 923 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 20:27 - Feb 5 by noah4x4

Bumped into Wessex outside ground then lost contact in a sea of blue and white. Just made my seat in time to see Sears strike. Another game where we should have been out of sight, but usual squeaky bum last ten minutes. U’s fans just massive.

Splendid hospitality in Orient CAMRA bar. So good we didn’t leave until 1900, Cowling to note. Proper real ales and a decent bar means revenue. Heading back to Colchester now for a Chinese and a nice bottle of Malbec or two . Up the mighty unbeaten in four Wayne Browns U’s (hic). See you at Mansfield.

Noah, safe journey home.

Great stuff today.

A couple of questions:

How well did Tyreik Wright play
Great goal from Freddie Sears and great assist from Andrews.

Was Edwards good again as well.

Were you aware of the alleged racism towards Corie Andrews. An Orient supporter has been arrested. Absolutely shocking behaviour again.

See you at Mansfield.

Up the unbeaten U's under the auspices of WB.

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 21:55 - Feb 5 with 902 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 21:05 - Feb 5 by durham_exile

Noah, safe journey home.

Great stuff today.

A couple of questions:

How well did Tyreik Wright play
Great goal from Freddie Sears and great assist from Andrews.

Was Edwards good again as well.

Were you aware of the alleged racism towards Corie Andrews. An Orient supporter has been arrested. Absolutely shocking behaviour again.

See you at Mansfield.

Up the unbeaten U's under the auspices of WB.

Got back about an hour ago, and still buzzing. Another magnificent awayday, and with awesome support from the travelling faithful. Great to see Noah as him and his crew were poured out of their taxi, in much the same state as me and Jon were after our own pre-match libations at Hamilton Hall and the Technical.

Difficult to pick out any individual players from that game, it was just a solid team performance. Sears showed why he is a class above most in this league with his finish, and didn't stop running throughout. Andrews was always there in support, constantly causing a nuisance, but the backline when needed were immense. I know he's had his critics, but Tommy Smith particularly in that regard, and Beastman showed why he is so important as part of that defence.

Tchamadeu was his usual self, and that's not a bad thing, Kenlock had an excellent game, and until his head injury, Skuse showed why we need his experience in the core of our midfield. As for critics, I thought Hannant had a very good game, particularly second half, but final and special mention goes to Mr 00 gauge Hornby - he didn't have too much to do, but when called upon he was absolutely safe as houses.

As for the racial abuse, I wasn't aware of it at the time, but among a thousand plus vociferous U's fans, it would have been hard to hear it. If it happened, then shame on the low-life(s) responsible, and I hope they are found and dealt with. For those who bemoan what they naively see as 'political', this is precisely why our beautiful Colchester United, of all colours, races and creeds, take the knee.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 23:11 - Feb 5 with 882 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 21:55 - Feb 5 by wessex_exile

Got back about an hour ago, and still buzzing. Another magnificent awayday, and with awesome support from the travelling faithful. Great to see Noah as him and his crew were poured out of their taxi, in much the same state as me and Jon were after our own pre-match libations at Hamilton Hall and the Technical.

Difficult to pick out any individual players from that game, it was just a solid team performance. Sears showed why he is a class above most in this league with his finish, and didn't stop running throughout. Andrews was always there in support, constantly causing a nuisance, but the backline when needed were immense. I know he's had his critics, but Tommy Smith particularly in that regard, and Beastman showed why he is so important as part of that defence.

Tchamadeu was his usual self, and that's not a bad thing, Kenlock had an excellent game, and until his head injury, Skuse showed why we need his experience in the core of our midfield. As for critics, I thought Hannant had a very good game, particularly second half, but final and special mention goes to Mr 00 gauge Hornby - he didn't have too much to do, but when called upon he was absolutely safe as houses.

As for the racial abuse, I wasn't aware of it at the time, but among a thousand plus vociferous U's fans, it would have been hard to hear it. If it happened, then shame on the low-life(s) responsible, and I hope they are found and dealt with. For those who bemoan what they naively see as 'political', this is precisely why our beautiful Colchester United, of all colours, races and creeds, take the knee.

Wessex thanks for the answers to most questions.
A great result today.

Tuesday is going to be the most difficult game possibly of the season and I include FGR in that.

A good result and survival is assured. A victory and the impossible is distinctly possible.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 07:06 - Feb 6 with 844 viewsnoah4x4

Head hurting this morning, or am I just still buzzing? Eubank walk on was15 minutes late, then bout unexpectedly went 12 rounds, so our stay in the Marquis was extended to near midnight. Long, long day!

As Wessex said, it was a bit of an odd game in one respect. Nobody leapt out as Man of the Match and nobody had a stinker. All has their positive moments. They all put in a great shift and for once I agree with the Gazettes 8 ranking across the board. A great team performance. Frankly, men (and women) of the match were the U's fans. It was like at Palace a couple of years ago.
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 09:15 - Feb 6 with 819 viewswessex_exile

Watching the highlights, I’m not sure I was generous enough with my praise of Hornby. That one on one block in the second half was first class - and he stayed in his box this time!

Reading the LOFC unofficial MB, seems the man arrested over the alleged racial abuse of Corie is well-known to them. He appears to have a reputation for directing loud verbal abuse at the opposition bench, but all agree that isn’t normally of a racial nature. He’s been banned from all Orient games until the police investigation is concluded.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 16:51 - Feb 6 with 734 viewsWitham

Our fans were, in the main, magnificent yesterday - vocal throughout in support of the team. Shame about the idiot with the flares but again exposes the inadequacy of steward training- they went through Mrs Witham's handbag extremely thoroughly but obviously that was not the case for all
Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 08:04 - Feb 7 with 664 viewsnoah4x4

Super U's to be full of Eastern promise in the Orient today on 09:15 - Feb 6 by wessex_exile

Watching the highlights, I’m not sure I was generous enough with my praise of Hornby. That one on one block in the second half was first class - and he stayed in his box this time!

Reading the LOFC unofficial MB, seems the man arrested over the alleged racial abuse of Corie is well-known to them. He appears to have a reputation for directing loud verbal abuse at the opposition bench, but all agree that isn’t normally of a racial nature. He’s been banned from all Orient games until the police investigation is concluded.

Update. "Fan well known to Orient for directing abuse at an opposition bench, but not normally racist". No charges as police drop prosecution, and Orient even let him keep his season ticket.

One suspects a claim of mental health problems, or similar mitigating circumstances. However, on reflection what signal does it send out? Being in an alcoholic stupor doesn't excuse rape and similarly nothing excuses racism. We have witnessed idiots acquitted of criminal damage and others go unpunished after gluing themselves to trains after pathetic, but successful claims of mitigating circumstances because the law has gone soft. Whatever the excuse, some punishment was justified, even if only a temporary ban so that he realises his actions always have consequences.

Or was he deemed innocent and Corie Andrews therefore accused of lying about the incident ? Given the location of the incident, surely identification and providing witnesses should not be a problem? Even if the police won't prosecute, Leyton Orient must take civil action under the FA Ground regulations, else what is the point of "Kick it Out" and taking the knee?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 8:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024