Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS 18:22 - Feb 11 with 1424 viewsdurham_exile

After the last-minute heroics at Field Mill on Tuesday night the Super U’s embark upon the next set of 6 games, 5 of which are at home.

Brown, Dunne and Huzzey that famous firm of solicitors must start to transform the JSCS into a fortress. Buoyed by the news that the home game against FGR has now been moved to Monday 21 March with a 7:45pm kick off in order to accommodate the Sky Sports TV cameras LIVE we simply have to start winning home matches.

There will be no better chance than tomorrow against Keith Millen’s Carlisle United who arrive on the back of four straight defeats. The Cumbrians will however be looking to spring a surprise and if Brennan Dickenson is fit, he is likely to play against his old club. They also have the dangerous Omari Patrick in their squad.

Frankly it is time that we put a team to the sword and I think that tomorrow gives us every opportunity to win handsomely 4-0 and launch the start of another unbeaten run.

League Table:

Bottom five places:
COL U 29 30
Walsall 29 29
Carlisle 29 27
Oldham 28 25
Scunny 30 22

WB’s squad seems to be growing like Topsy and there are now 32 players to choose from. Even with enforced changes we could have secured a draw on Tuesday after the last three hectic minutes when we played as we should have played for the other 96 minutes.

I have banged on enough about WB reverting to type with some shocking selections and an inability to get Corie Andrews onto the pitch until the 82nd minute, suffice to say he has every opportunity to get the selection right for tomorrow against the Cumbrians.

Shamal George, John Akinde, Cole Skuse, Noah Chilvers and Emyr Huws are all likely to be available for selection.

Tom Dallison, Luke Hannant and Ryan Clampin will be unavailable.

This then is WB’s headache. Will he be brave enough to play two strikers? Does he play four at the back and does he play four in the midfield or instead use two midfield and two wide players.

Plenty of options.

First off does Shamal George come back in for the excellent Sam Hornby who has not let the team down. I say yes Shamal George will be back between the sticks.
Then what about the back four.

Junior Tchamadeu and Myles Kenlock at full back and then which pairing — Eastman and Chambers or Smith and Chambers.

I think WB will go for Smith and Chambers.

Midfield is the problem we have — Wiredu, Skuse, Chilvers, Judge and Huws vying for two or three places and then either Edwards, Wright, or Andrews for the other place as a wide player.

Then up front it must be John Akinde back from COVID to partner Freddie Sears. If WB reckons that Big John should take it easy after his COVID problem then Corie Andrews must start instead.

Getting the formation and the playing personnel right is essential. This fear to play two strikers and an ultra-defensive set up is hardly ideal when we are looking for valuable points.

This is how we finished the game on Tuesday from minute 82 until minute 99.
Three at the back, Tchamadeu and Kenlock pushed forward as wing backs. And Sears, Andrews and Edwards up front and it almost bore fruit. But it should not have taken a second goal conceded to start the fight back.

Hornby
Eastman Chambers Smith
Tchamadeu Wiredu Kenlock
Judge
Sears Andrews Edwards

Given that we need to win and given that we need the three points and given that some players will be available for selection following injury, suspension or COVID let us go with the following starting XI against Carlisle United.

Formation, 4, 2, 2, 2

Shamal George

Junior Tchamadeu, Luke Chambers, Tommy Smith, Myles Kenlock

Brendan Wiredu, Cole Skuse

Alan Judge, Owura Edwards

John Akinde, Freddie Sears

Sadly, I cannot include all the players that I would like to see in the Starting XI because we would need a Rugby Union 15 to do so but this is where the skill of delivering the three substitutes from and at the right time comes in from the Manager.

Subs:
Hornby, Eastman, Chilvers, Huws, Andrews, Kennedy, MWH

The three subs to be used would be Chilvers, Huws and Andrews at varying times. Preferably though we start with and keep two strikers. There is no excuse for a lone striker when we need to win and win well.

When Dallison is fit he would come in for Smith but otherwise that is WB’s likely XI for tomorrow which screams victory.

The weather in Colchester will be 7 degrees Celsius with sunny intervals and a moderate breeze and dry under foot.

Big John Akinde to pick up a brace, Sears to score and another Alan Judge corker to make it four.

Squad: 32 players
29 Shamal George
23 Sam Hornby
1 Dean Gerken
44 Ted Collins

2 MWH
4 Luke Chambers
5 Tommy Smith
15 Tom Dallison
18 Tom Eastman
22 Junior Tchamadeu
27 Cameron Coxe
40 Frankie Terry
17 Myles Kenlock
3 Ryan Clampin
47 Camron Gbadebo

6 Brendan Wiredu
7 Luke Hannant
8 Cole Skuse
21 Gene Kennedy
14 Noah Chilvers
10 Alan Judge
28 Emyr Huws
37 Chay Cooper
41 Sam Cornish
39 Ryan Lowe

12 Owura Edwards
11 Freddie Sears
16 Corie Andrews
19 Armando Dobra
34 Samson Tovide
24 John Akinde
46 Tyreik Wright

Remaining fixtures:
Carlisle H
Northampton A
Hartlepool H
Oldham H
Orient H
PV H
Scunny A
Bristol Rovers A
FGR H
Tranmere H
Harrogate A
Stevenage H
Exeter A
Bradford H
Newport A
Walsall H
Hartlepool A

Can we still secure 70 points? Of course, we can but only one or at the most two defeats can be allowed. A tall order but possible. 17 games left and 40 points to be gathered.

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

Get behind the team to the same degree that the faithful do away from home.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 19:54 - Feb 11 with 1000 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Does Wiredu get the nod tomorrow? Normally he'd be the first name on the team sheet for me but he's not been his normal self recently.

Have we really got five home games out of our next six? Some very winnable games amongst them too and if we can get four wins out of five we should be in a much more healthy position in six games time.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 20:02 - Feb 11 with 998 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 19:54 - Feb 11 by RSCOSWORTH

Does Wiredu get the nod tomorrow? Normally he'd be the first name on the team sheet for me but he's not been his normal self recently.

Have we really got five home games out of our next six? Some very winnable games amongst them too and if we can get four wins out of five we should be in a much more healthy position in six games time.

RS - I think that the paper talk about Nottingham Forest unsettled Wiredu.

But he is our best midfield player and should play. After all he will not now leave until the summer.

Incredible but true 5 home games which is why we simply have to start to win and win well starting tomorrow.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 12:45 - Feb 12 with 898 viewsthrillseeker

Predicting a 3-1 win today
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 13:08 - Feb 12 with 885 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 12:45 - Feb 12 by thrillseeker

Predicting a 3-1 win today

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 14:07 - Feb 12 with 870 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 13:08 - Feb 12 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Line up

Hornby

Eastman Chambers Smith

Tchamadeu Wiredu Skuse Kenlock

Judge Edwards

Sears

Subs
George MWH Hannant Andrews Kennedy Huws Wright

What does Corie Andrews have to do to start a game.

We are at home to a side below us in the table and Freddie Sears is once again the lone striker.

Come on WB you are not adventurous enough

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 15:02 - Feb 12 with 851 viewsgerry_us

You are so right Peter. You would have thought that having witnessed our "magic three minute" display at Mansfield he may have given some consideration to similar team selection and setup.
But no! Just hope he proves us wrong.
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 15:24 - Feb 12 with 842 viewsgerry_us

BBC reckons we lined up 3-4-3?
That'll be the day
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 15:42 - Feb 12 with 832 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 15:24 - Feb 12 by gerry_us

BBC reckons we lined up 3-4-3?
That'll be the day

Gerry I saw that. I think that's known as fake news!

Still 0-0

Bring on Andrews
It simply is so easy. Play two up front and give them some decent service.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 15:48 - Feb 12 with 819 viewswessex_exile

Dreary start to the match, but the U's getting into the ascendancy far more in the last 20 minutes. Still nothing to show for it mind you, much like most of League 2 around us at the moment, though at least Oldham are currently losing 2-1 at the Exiles.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 15:50 - Feb 12 with 823 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 15:42 - Feb 12 by durham_exile

Gerry I saw that. I think that's known as fake news!

Still 0-0

Bring on Andrews
It simply is so easy. Play two up front and give them some decent service.

Up the U's

HT 0-0

Brown bring Corie Andrews on and play two up front.

Football is a simple game be bold and adventurous.

Big 45 minutes to come.

Don't wait until the 82nd minute.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:10 - Feb 12 with 805 viewswessex_exile

Oh great - finish the first half well, 1-0 down early in the second - flipping typical U's!

Up the U's

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:11 - Feb 12 with 809 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 15:50 - Feb 12 by durham_exile

HT 0-0

Brown bring Corie Andrews on and play two up front.

Football is a simple game be bold and adventurous.

Big 45 minutes to come.

Don't wait until the 82nd minute.

Up the U's

This is why WB can't be given the job.

Still no Andrews and now a goal down

Simply awful.

After the new manager bounce we have reverted to type

Appalling

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:23 - Feb 12 with 792 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:11 - Feb 12 by durham_exile

This is why WB can't be given the job.

Still no Andrews and now a goal down

Simply awful.

After the new manager bounce we have reverted to type

Appalling

Wright on for Eastman

Still no Andrews.
What does WB have against him.

Simply shocking

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:28 - Feb 12 with 787 viewsgerry_us

Equaliser. Now onward for a winner...
Yep..got it
[Post edited 12 Feb 2022 16:32]
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:32 - Feb 12 with 767 viewswessex_exile

Sacrifice Eastman for two up front, and what do you know, we score twice! COME ON COL U!!!

Up the U's

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:35 - Feb 12 with 768 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:32 - Feb 12 by wessex_exile

Sacrifice Eastman for two up front, and what do you know, we score twice! COME ON COL U!!!

Once again we allow ourselves to get into a mess before taking action.

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:42 - Feb 12 with 759 viewsgerry_us

Up FIVE places in the league...so far!
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:43 - Feb 12 with 751 viewswessex_exile

FFS!

Up the U's

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:44 - Feb 12 with 756 viewsgerry_us

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:42 - Feb 12 by gerry_us

Up FIVE places in the league...so far!

Back down FIVE places...bugger
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:47 - Feb 12 with 748 viewsdurham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:44 - Feb 12 by gerry_us

Why not give Andrews some minutes especially as we are on 89 mins now.

This is simply not good enough.

Durham_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 17:03 - Feb 12 with 733 viewsgerry_us

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:47 - Feb 12 by durham_exile

Why not give Andrews some minutes especially as we are on 89 mins now.

This is simply not good enough.

Too early Peter...remember Macca?
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 17:04 - Feb 12 with 727 viewswessex_exile

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 16:44 - Feb 12 by gerry_us

Incredible set of late goals all over the place having the bottom 7-8 bouncing around all over the place. Just have to hope for a Stevenage win in the delayed kick-off at Barrow and we go back up one more place. Seriously though, terrible match not to have won for the U's, but an unmitigated disaster if we'd lost.

I don't expect much from Sixfields, so those following four home games are going to be make or break for us, because I can see Walsall and Oldham continuing to make progress now.

Up the U's

Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 17:41 - Feb 12 with 699 viewsnoah4x4

At 0-1 would have taken a draw.

Totally dominant U's, but Carlisle steal a point. Now we know how Swindon felt. This result felt like a defeat, but against Swindon felt like a win. Don't we just love football!

Not any damage done as we matched or bettered Carlisle, Oldham and Scunny.

Must in future play Andrews and Huws from minute 0.
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 17:49 - Feb 12 with 693 viewsthrillseeker

First half was appalling except for last 5-8 minutes when suddenly we came to life and looked good.

Second half -we collapsed, then rallied and looked like we were going to win and then lose shape and Carlisle equalise.

I want to see their second goal again as it looked suspiciously offside from where I sit.

Their first goal was an excellent shot although bad defending allowed the opportunity to arise.

I have said it before I will say it again - WB is not the answer for permanent manager. He seems to have limited tactical knowledge although it is more than Mullins.

I was staggered to hear Alan Judge won the sponsors MOTM award.

I just can't figure out what is wrong with our team and their performances

First half was lovely and warm. Second half it was cold
Cumbrians to be outfoxed by Super U's at the JSCS on 18:22 - Feb 12 with 664 viewspwrightsknees

As usual, I watched the scores come through on Sky's Soccer Saturday, so I can't comment on the performance. But, as so often, the U's took me through a whole cycle of emotions and back again.

Sports fans are strange. Disappointed when we went a goal behind. Relieved when we equalised and hoping we could hold on for a draw, but then, after the euphoria of going ahead, I was disappointed when it then turned out we would only get a draw, which, 20 minutes earlier, I had been hoping for.

But let's take stock. In the month that WB has been in charge, we have won two, drawn three and lost only one. And we're disappointed. Yet, around Christmas time, we would have been delighted with that transformation.

Perhaps I should take up knitting instead (apologies to those who enjoy that particular craft).

Up the U's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024