Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth FC 09:47 - Aug 16 with 661 viewsburnsieespana

How likely are Portsmouth to begin the season because you have to question the FL if they allow them to start the league season on saturday given the current situation.
Although it is really sad for a club with the history of Portsmouth I wonder if the future of football would be better served if they do get liquidated.
Portsmouth FC on 12:28 - Aug 16 with 655 viewsLeadbelly

They lost to Plymouth in the League Cup so I suppose they have started the season already.

Following an injury to their player/coach they were left with no outfield players over 18. They did lose 3 - 0 but two of the goals came in the last four minutes. Considering their inexperience I'd say they did quite well.

The supporters trust is still trying to buy the club and the local authority has agreed to loan them in the region of £1.4m to keep a football club in existence.

I think I know what you mean about football being better served if they were liquidated but I hope they pull through. I think the real problems lie with the with the wrong people buying clubs and then weak FA/FL governance allowing these people to mismanage at their leisure. Hopefully the new spending restrictions will go some way to preventing such situations in the future.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Portsmouth FC on 16:36 - Aug 16 with 647 viewsnoah4x4

The Football League has just announced that Pompey will now start the season on 0 points - just like everybody else.

However, "if and when they come out of administration", they will THEN be deducted 10 points!

Seems to me that they have an incentive to stay in administration indefinitely - even until season's end - simply to avoid this deduction - in the hope of avoiding relegation - whilst trying to build a new squad around solely the youth team and free transfers. Then take the hit later, when the youth team have perhaps matured into 'senior professionals'. Is that what the FA is here trying to acheive?

Can anybody better explain the FA's logic? Why isn't it following the strict precedence set for other clubs - albeit that Pompey have been yo-yo-ing in and out of multiple administrations.

Portsmouth FC on 00:20 - Aug 17 with 633 viewsdurham_exile

Portsmouth FC on 16:36 - Aug 16 by noah4x4

The Football League has just announced that Pompey will now start the season on 0 points - just like everybody else.

However, "if and when they come out of administration", they will THEN be deducted 10 points!

Seems to me that they have an incentive to stay in administration indefinitely - even until season's end - simply to avoid this deduction - in the hope of avoiding relegation - whilst trying to build a new squad around solely the youth team and free transfers. Then take the hit later, when the youth team have perhaps matured into 'senior professionals'. Is that what the FA is here trying to acheive?

Can anybody better explain the FA's logic? Why isn't it following the strict precedence set for other clubs - albeit that Pompey have been yo-yo-ing in and out of multiple administrations.

Pompey have signed virtually a new team in one go:

Kieran Djilali, Mustapha Dumbuya, Jon Harley, Brian Howard, Izale McLeod, Lee Williamson, Jack Compton, Luke Rodgers and Liam Walker all signed one-month contracts at Fratton Park on Thursday.

Looks like they will honour their first four league fixtures at the very least.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Portsmouth FC on 12:21 - Aug 20 with 586 viewsLeadbelly

Portsmouth FC on 00:20 - Aug 17 by durham_exile

Pompey have signed virtually a new team in one go:

Kieran Djilali, Mustapha Dumbuya, Jon Harley, Brian Howard, Izale McLeod, Lee Williamson, Jack Compton, Luke Rodgers and Liam Walker all signed one-month contracts at Fratton Park on Thursday.

Looks like they will honour their first four league fixtures at the very least.

Up the U's

And 4 more loan players added before they played Bournemouth.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Portsmouth FC on 13:56 - Aug 20 with 578 viewsnoah4x4

With the transfer window not closing until the month end, and the entire Pompey squad being on a one month contract - maybe tomorrow is an an opportunity for John Ward to take a look at some of them.

He won't ever get a better shop window of players with soon expiring contracts, and possibly no jobs if Pompey bite the dust now that the supporters trust is the only bidder.
Portsmouth FC on 21:03 - Aug 20 with 562 viewsgerry_us

Portsmouth FC on 13:56 - Aug 20 by noah4x4

With the transfer window not closing until the month end, and the entire Pompey squad being on a one month contract - maybe tomorrow is an an opportunity for John Ward to take a look at some of them.

He won't ever get a better shop window of players with soon expiring contracts, and possibly no jobs if Pompey bite the dust now that the supporters trust is the only bidder.

Problem would be if we give them a sound thrashing and then they later fold...
Bang would go the points. Lets hope for a good win and a Pompey survival then.
Portsmouth FC on 17:13 - Aug 21 with 529 viewsburnsieespana

Portsmouth FC on 21:03 - Aug 20 by gerry_us

Problem would be if we give them a sound thrashing and then they later fold...
Bang would go the points. Lets hope for a good win and a Pompey survival then.

Agree with that Gerry.
Don't know how much longer the "Pompey saga" will be allowed to go on but suppose now the season has started they will be generating reasonable funds. Not sure how these are used, ie assume the receiver is still effectively running the club so does all the money generated go towards the expenses or does some have to be kept back to repay old debts?
Anyway I note Pompey supporters coming to us have had to buy direct from us and wonder if this applies to all away games at present?
Portsmouth FC on 20:48 - Aug 21 with 521 viewsRSCOSWORTH

1-1 - Rose has just scored from a long way out!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024