Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blunt U's hold back Blades 17:38 - Aug 25 with 706 viewsnoah4x4

We should perhaps take solace from three games unbeaten and hence three points from Preston (away), Portsmouth and Sheffield United. Had we lost today it would not have been a surprise given the Blades were clearly the better side. However, a below par U’s scrambled a draw and were indeed unlucky not to take the three points when a shot from Andy Bond hit the post and defied the laws of physics to stay out.

The U’s again started brightly and to some extent fell behind against the run of play. However, thereafter, Sheffield should have had it comfortably sewn it up. Once again, heroics by Mark Cousins saved the day, and I will give credit to Rose, who probably had his best game in defence.

But until Morrison’s clever back heeled equaliser midway through the second half, I counted only a single U’s shot posing any threat. Once again, Morrison was isolated and Sears spent much of the game fetching the ball from deep. Woody had his worst game in a long time, and Henderson was largely anonymous, whilst Bean and O’Toole toiled hard in midfield. The defence look vulnerable at times, but held, apart from the single Blades goal. Had we lost 1-3, I doubt that we could have complained.

After a period of total dominance, the Blades then briefly fell apart towards the end of the second half, and the U’s could have nicked it. Massey replaced the hard working Sears on 88 minutes when I felt the change should have occurred a little earlier when the U’s were briefly in the ascendency. But compared to the Portsmouth performance, this team wasn’t cohesive. On reflection, am happy . with a point.
Blunt U's hold back Blades on 11:13 - Aug 26 with 671 viewsburnsieespana

Thank you for that noah!
As the season unfolds do you think we will get better or worse, ie push for a playoff place or get into a relagation scrap?
Blunt U's hold back Blades on 17:37 - Aug 26 with 649 viewsbwildered

Excellent summing up Noah . Some concern however over the centre of defence opening up like a barn door at times , eg to much time and space give to the Blades opener , although it must a taken a deflection on the way has apart form that Cousins handling was good throughout .
Strange that O Toole was subbed straight after half time, was he injured or tactical to bring on Bond ?
It took the midfield to long to realise Morrison needs the have the ball played down the side channel or chest height to have any effect on his performance and it took JW to long to swap Sears for Massey ,which will sure to become a either or option has the season develops .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Blunt U's hold back Blades on 17:08 - Aug 27 with 615 viewsBarsidepete

Quality writing Noah. Can't wait to see us firsthand in just a few short weeks

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Blunt U's hold back Blades on 20:18 - Aug 27 with 597 viewsburnsieespana

Blunt U's hold back Blades on 17:08 - Aug 27 by Barsidepete

Quality writing Noah. Can't wait to see us firsthand in just a few short weeks

Know what you mean as my first game is against Doncaster on 15th Sept.
Up the mighty U's.
Blunt U's hold back Blades on 09:41 - Aug 28 with 580 viewsBluenWightExile

Mine too John!

Pinault-noir

Blunt U's hold back Blades on 00:20 - Aug 29 with 565 viewsBarsidepete

Blunt U's hold back Blades on 09:41 - Aug 28 by BluenWightExile

Mine too John!

Well mine too! (if you want to be that way about it;) .. That's the first of three, culminating with Scunny away, Gerry's guest, no less.. 6-2-0 on my flyovers, so three more draws should be the worst case scenario

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Blunt U's hold back Blades on 09:37 - Aug 29 with 560 viewsgerry_us

Blunt U's hold back Blades on 00:20 - Aug 29 by Barsidepete

Well mine too! (if you want to be that way about it;) .. That's the first of three, culminating with Scunny away, Gerry's guest, no less.. 6-2-0 on my flyovers, so three more draws should be the worst case scenario

If you don't mind Pete we could do with something more than three draws please!
Blunt U's hold back Blades on 14:48 - Aug 29 with 553 viewsBaldrick

First visit this season. After reading the reports of the friendly matches on here and elswhere thought perhaps things were changing. But same old same old !!
Before any of u jump down my throat spent my life supporting the U's and we have always played exciting and attacking football. On leaving the ground it seems I am not the only one fed up with this guy's style of play and his excuses ok we played the famous stainless steele mob and got a draw. So where are the goals going to come from ???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024