Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm 13:02 - Nov 27 with 1760 viewsBarsidepete

*TROPICAL_US topped all challengers this weekend with three on the mark (incl. Spurs 3-1 over Hammers) plus four more outcomes. That makes for 13 points.
*Gate, for the second week in a row, made robotic picks, this time a 1-1 barrage top to bottom. Perhaps he'll rejoin the PL this week, we shall see..
*HELLASBLUE made further strides toward life in the Prem with an 11 point tally, two correct results, most notably Chelsea 0-0 Man City..

THE TABLES: (108 played)
(tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers & then first to post)

PREM

1. GATE16... (17).............(+11) (80)
2. Thrillseeker... (14)..........(+7) (73)
3. mrhappy... (9)...............(+5) (67)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
4. BFG... (10)...................(+3) (66)
5. Tropical_Us... (10).........(+13) (65)
6. ethicsgirl... (8)...............(+5) (63)
7. coomster... (8)...............(+7) (60)
8. Barsidepete... (8)............(+5) (60)
9. TheNet... (7).................(+8) (56)
10. BrightSpurs... (8)...........(+7) (53)
11. Daniel... (6).................(+4) (52)

DIVISION 1

1. BLUE4U2... (13)..............(+4) (74)
2. Hellasblue... (13)...........(+11) (73)
3. AlderneyCUFC... (13)........(+9) (72)
4. sevebalo... (12)..............(+7) (70)
5. eagledares... (9).............(+5) (69)
6. mfb_cufc... (10).............(+6) (67)
7. wessex_exile... (8)..........(+6) (65)
8. gerry_us... (7)................(+9) (64)
9. gsy163... (11).................(+4) (63)
10. Noah4x4... (9)...............(+9) (63)
11. durham_exile... (9).........(+9) (59)
12. GoonerDes... (7)............(+2) (54)
13. pancab77... (6)..............(+2) (51)
14. perryman654... (6)..........(+4) (40)
15. NeverWalkAlone... (3)......(+2) (38)

Week 16 games:

BURY v SOUTHEND
CRAWLEY v CHELMSFORD
LUTON v DORCHESTER
PRESTON v GILLINGHAM
SHEFFIELD UTD v PORT VALE
MK DONS v WIMBLEDON (Sun.)

Deadline: Saturday at 14:00. Good luck
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

The HGPL Week 16, fixtures to be posted shortly on 14:00 - Nov 27 with 978 viewseagledares

BURY v SOUTHEND 1-2
CRAWLEY v CHELMSFORD 3-0
LUTON v DORCHESTER 2-1
PRESTON v GILLINGHAM 1-2
SHEFFIELD UTD v PORT VALE 3-1
MK DONS v WIMBLEDON 6-1
The HGPL Week 16, fixtures to be posted shortly on 14:00 - Nov 27 with 977 viewsmrhappy

BURY v SOUTHEND 0-0
CRAWLEY v CHELMSFORD 1-0
LUTON v DORCHESTER 3-1
PRESTON v GILLINGHAM 3-1
SHEFFIELD UTD v PORT VALE 2-0
MK DONS v WIMBLEDON (Sun.) 2-0

an unfair dig at GATE in my opinion - He is top - that speaks volumes.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

The HGPL Week 16, fixtures to be posted shortly on 14:02 - Nov 27 with 966 viewsBrightSpurs

BURY v SOUTHEND 2-0
CRAWLEY v CHELMSFORD 0-1
LUTON v DORCHESTER 2-2
PRESTON v GILLINGHAM 2-2
SHEFFIELD UTD v PORT VALE 2-2
MK DONS v WIMBLEDON (Sun.) 1-0

The HGPL Week 16, fixtures to be posted shortly on 14:03 - Nov 27 with 965 viewsNeverWalkAlone

BURY v SOUTHEND 2-1
CRAWLEY v CHELMSFORD 3-0
LUTON v DORCHESTER 3-0
PRESTON v GILLINGHAM 0-1
SHEFFIELD UTD v PORT VALE 0-1
MK DONS v WIMBLEDON (Sun.) 5-2

The HGPL Week 16, fixtures to be posted shortly on 15:39 - Nov 27 with 961 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Week 16, fixtures to be posted shortly on 14:00 - Nov 27 by mrhappy

BURY v SOUTHEND 0-0
CRAWLEY v CHELMSFORD 1-0
LUTON v DORCHESTER 3-1
PRESTON v GILLINGHAM 3-1
MK DONS v WIMBLEDON (Sun.) 2-0

an unfair dig at GATE in my opinion - He is top - that speaks volumes.

Anyone who intentionally posts the same score for every game isn't really showing giving other Pl'ers due respect for the process. I took care to post an interesting Pick-10 and to get a second week of 'I'm too smart for my own good.'

Anyway, call it old fashioned, but when we post games week to week, I Assume there is also the subtext that the rest of us are interested in how our fellow Pl chums feel about a game. Essentially the most minimal way to have a conversation. Like, So how do you feel the Dons will fare on Sunday? .. Shrimpers head up to Manchester regions for what can only be presumed to end in a laugher in favour of bury. Your thoughts.

Well unless we start separate threads about this or that tie, it's a roll-call of opinions about a bunch of games. If someone wants to treat it as bingo, doesn't mean I have to like it.

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 15:58 - Nov 27 with 955 viewsnoah4x4

2 - 0 BURY v SOUTHEND
6 - 1 CRAWLEY v CHELMSFORD
4 - 1 LUTON v DORCHESTER
2 - 2 PRESTON v GILLINGHAM
3 - 1 SHEFFIELD UTD v PORT VALE
3 - 1 MK DONS v WIMBLEDON (Sun.)

Here's looking forward to a goal-fest, and probably my further slide down the table (ouch)
The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 17:08 - Nov 27 with 950 viewsBluenWightExile

Bury 2-1 Sos
Crawl 3-2 Chelm
Luton 4-2 Dorch
PNE 2-1 Gills
SU 2-1 Vale
MKD 5-0 AFCW

Pinault-noir

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 19:55 - Nov 27 with 938 viewsGate16

1 - 2 BURY v SOUTHEND
3 - 1 CRAWLEY v CHELMSFORD
3 - 1 LUTON v DORCHESTER
2 - 1 PRESTON v GILLINGHAM
3 - 0 MK DONS v WIMBLEDON (Sun.)

Three scores the same this week, sorry if this offends Pete . The selections given for the last couple of weeks seemed very similar to my eye in that the first week slightly favoured the home side and the second week looked too close to call many of the games. I agree that my scores therefore had a touch of "hedge betting" and this reflected in getting numerous scores correct. Sorry you don't like that but instead of throwing brickbats can I suggest (1) you have rules against having more than 2-3 scores the same (2) don't have a league as yes, I enjoy being competitive - sorry (3) select a more diverse range of contests (like this week)
Cheers. Gate
Login to get fewer ads

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 21:11 - Nov 27 with 922 viewsMadeira163

BURY v SOUTHEND 1-0
CRAWLEY v CHELMSFORD 2-1
LUTON v DORCHESTER 3-0
PRESTON v GILLINGHAM 1-0
MK DONS v WIMBLEDON 3-0 (although hope AFC win)
The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 21:17 - Nov 27 with 924 viewscoomster

BURY v SOUTHEND 2-0
CRAWLEY v CHELMSFORD 3-1
LUTON v DORCHESTER 2-1
PRESTON v GILLINGHAM 2-2
SHEFFIELD UTD v PORT VALE 3-1
MK DONS v WIMBLEDON (Sun.) 1-1
The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 21:18 - Nov 27 with 924 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 19:55 - Nov 27 by Gate16

1 - 2 BURY v SOUTHEND
3 - 1 CRAWLEY v CHELMSFORD
3 - 1 LUTON v DORCHESTER
2 - 1 PRESTON v GILLINGHAM
3 - 0 MK DONS v WIMBLEDON (Sun.)

Three scores the same this week, sorry if this offends Pete . The selections given for the last couple of weeks seemed very similar to my eye in that the first week slightly favoured the home side and the second week looked too close to call many of the games. I agree that my scores therefore had a touch of "hedge betting" and this reflected in getting numerous scores correct. Sorry you don't like that but instead of throwing brickbats can I suggest (1) you have rules against having more than 2-3 scores the same (2) don't have a league as yes, I enjoy being competitive - sorry (3) select a more diverse range of contests (like this week)
Cheers. Gate

Don't have a league? That's a suggestion? I'm happy to not tally your points anymore. If you don't like the league as I run it then shove off.

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 22:16 - Nov 27 with 916 viewswessex_exile

Ah, where would the prediction league be without the occasional Pete hissy fit...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 22:38 - Nov 27 with 909 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 22:16 - Nov 27 by wessex_exile

Ah, where would the prediction league be without the occasional Pete hissy fit...

I know, right?

Gate could have replied that he's entitled to do what he likes and his table position soeaks for itself. Oh, and that My picks have generally sucked.

That would have settled it

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 01:41 - Nov 28 with 896 viewsmrhappy

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 22:38 - Nov 27 by Barsidepete

I know, right?

Gate could have replied that he's entitled to do what he likes and his table position soeaks for itself. Oh, and that My picks have generally sucked.

That would have settled it

Didnt I say that ! LOL - ah the pressure of this league mounts !

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 07:22 - Nov 28 with 892 viewsGate16

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 21:18 - Nov 27 by Barsidepete

Don't have a league? That's a suggestion? I'm happy to not tally your points anymore. If you don't like the league as I run it then shove off.

Oh contrare - excuse me if incorrect but I have never said I don't like the league - it is you who have cast your very strong opinions on the way I have made my picks although as I understand it they fall within the rules of the league "as you run it"

What frankly I don't like is someone who I I don't know making statements suggesting I conduct myself as you put it , "I took care to post an interesting Pick-10 and to get a second week of 'I'm too smart for my own good."

Why ? Because it doesn't fit in with your particular views.

Call me old fashioned but isn't there an apt description for that ?
The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 11:54 - Nov 28 with 882 viewsmrhappy

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 07:22 - Nov 28 by Gate16

Oh contrare - excuse me if incorrect but I have never said I don't like the league - it is you who have cast your very strong opinions on the way I have made my picks although as I understand it they fall within the rules of the league "as you run it"

What frankly I don't like is someone who I I don't know making statements suggesting I conduct myself as you put it , "I took care to post an interesting Pick-10 and to get a second week of 'I'm too smart for my own good."

Brother as general overseer now that I have been moved "upstairs" and being our 10th celebratory year, I can concur their is NO rules in plac efor repeat scores. SO, you carry on mate. Many have come a cropper using it, others have done quite well. Next year we may revise it. This is no biggie and IF someone sails away with the title using it- so be it- THEY have deserved it.

Carry on !

Opinions are like armpist, we have them, and some of them stink ! BOOM BOOM !

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 11:55 - Nov 28 with 881 viewsmrhappy

Opinions are like armpits, we all have them, and some of them stink ! BOOM BOOM !

correct grammar !

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 11:59 - Nov 28 with 880 viewsperryman654

0-1 BURY v SOUTHEND
1-0 CRAWLEY v CHELMSFORD
1-0 LUTON v DORCHESTER
1-0 PRESTON v GILLINGHAM
1-0 SHEFFIELD UTD v PORT VALE
1- 0 MK DONS v WIMBLEDON (Sun.)

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 13:13 - Nov 28 with 876 viewsHellasblue

BURY 1 SOUTHEND 2
CRAWLEY 3 CHELMSFORD 1
LUTON 2 DORCHESTER 0
PRESTON 1 GILLINGHAM 1
SHEFFIELD UTD 2 PORT VALE 1
MK DONS 4 WIMBLEDON 1 (Sun.)
The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 15:08 - Nov 28 with 863 viewsGoonerDes

BURY 0 SOUTHEND 2
CRAWLEY 3 CHELMSFORD 0
LUTON 1 DORCHESTER 0
PRESTON 3 GILLINGHAM 1
SHEFFIELD UTD 0 PORT VALE 1
MK DONS 2-WIMBLEDON 2 (Sun.)
The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 18:04 - Nov 28 with 849 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 11:55 - Nov 28 by mrhappy

Opinions are like armpits, we all have them, and some of them stink ! BOOM BOOM !

correct grammar !

I think I preferred armpist

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 18:28 - Nov 28 with 846 viewsBarsidepete

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 07:22 - Nov 28 by Gate16

Ooh, methinks I've rattled the top standing G16FC. Would be a shame if you didn't hang on to win the title now.. But no presha

*clearly I don't know you either but I do know table spots 2-4 personally over pub nights and pints. They're having a snicker, I'm guessing, so please continue
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 19:05 - Nov 28 with 834 viewsgerry_us

Posted with absolutely no comment whatsoever!

BURY 1 SOUTHEND 2
CRAWLEY 3 CHELMSFORD 0
LUTON 3 DORCHESTER 0
PRESTON 2 GILLINGHAM 2
SHEFFIELD UTD 2 PORT VALE 1
MK DONS 3- AFC WIMBLEDON 1
The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 20:54 - Nov 28 with 831 viewsdurham_exile

BURY 2 v 1 SOUTHEND
CRAWLEY 6 v 0 CHELMSFORD
LUTON 3 v 0 DORCHESTER
PRESTON 2 v 2 GILLINGHAM
SHEFFIELD UTD 2 v 1 PORT VALE
MK DONS 2 v 2 WIMBLEDON (Sun.)

Up the U's

Enjoy the party in Newcastle

Durham_exile

The HGPL Week 16, deadline on Saturday at 2 pm on 22:13 - Nov 28 with 824 viewsmfb_cufc

BURY 0 SOUTHEND 2
CRAWLEY 3 CHELMSFORD 1
LUTON 2 DORCHESTER 1
PRESTON 3 GILLINGHAM 1
SHEFFIELD UNITED 3 PORT VALE 1
MK DONS 4 AFC WIMBLEDON 0

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024