Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another loan signing - Sam Walker from Chelsea 17:17 - Jan 14 with 716 viewsRSCOSWORTH

The experienced keeper we've been looking for I hear you ask...nope, another 21 year old kid with less than 60 league starts in Leagues One and Two!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21019040

Hope he's good!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Another loan signing - Sam Walker from Chelsea on 17:25 - Jan 14 with 710 viewsLeadbelly

Is there a limit to the number of loan players we can have at any one time? I really have lost count.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Another loan signing - Sam Walker from Chelsea on 17:52 - Jan 14 with 703 viewsFruitbat

Another loan signing - Sam Walker from Chelsea on 17:25 - Jan 14 by Leadbelly

Is there a limit to the number of loan players we can have at any one time? I really have lost count.

limit to how many you can have in a match day 18, think its 5 or 6. might be different for U21s though.

what are we to make of this signing? as its our second attempt to replace cousins this season, clearly he isnt deemed good enough and since neither of those attempts have been with pentney , nor is he.

not sure what other inference we could draw.
Another loan signing - Sam Walker from Chelsea on 20:37 - Jan 14 with 676 viewsbwildered

Question , how many of these loanees will be present next season, irregardless of which division we are in, have the club just become a placement for experience of Premiership clubs to use to judge of their future stars while this effects the results of the donor club or are we capable in capturing those who are considered unsuitable to progress at Premier league level .
Although Florence Park might be the jewel in the crown has regards training facilities these players will also consider league positions and wages in choosing which clubs to sign for in thinking of the next step in their careers.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Another loan signing - Sam Walker from Chelsea on 13:03 - Jan 16 with 614 viewsburnsieespana

My own take on it is that we are trying to "buy time" until Florence Park produces the young players we so badly need for the future by being able to both play them and then "sell on" at a profit to defray the costs of the acadamy much as Ipswich, Arsenal, etc have done over the last ten years or so..
Anybody see Steve Gerrard's interview in one of the weekend papers about how clubs ( including Liverpool) are obsessed with young players at the moment.
In Dunne's case I think it is a slightly more personal thing, in that, he feels he can impose himself on young players to get them to do as "he wants" rather than the older pros who have been around the circuit and challenge his views.
Another loan signing - Sam Walker from Chelsea on 14:41 - Jan 16 with 607 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Whilst I agree that the long term future of the club falls at the feet of the young players the short term future of the club requires a few experienced heads otherwise we could find ourselves back in League Two. I don't think I've ever wanted Izzet to be fit and playing as much as I want him to now!

I would've liked to have seen us sign an experienced keeper (DEAN GERKEN!!!), an experienced centre back, an experienced central midfield player and an experienced striker. That's the spine of the team right there and that should take some pressure off the younger players in the side.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Another loan signing - Sam Walker from Chelsea on 15:59 - Jan 16 with 604 viewscarruthers

It is rather flattering for the club to be given players on loan, most clubs are rather particular where their budding young players go, it is to the U's credit that Joe is trusted with their development, which after all is why they let their players out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024