Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
O'Toole gone 12:19 - Jul 24 with 754 viewsLeadbelly

Permanent deal with Brizzle Rovers.

I've never understood why so many people rate him so highly. Bog standard midfield player in my opinion and I don't think his departure has any adverse effect on the squad. Perhaps frees up some cash for other signings.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

O'Toole gone on 13:28 - Jul 24 with 735 viewsburnsieespana

Never really saw him play but must have been on big wages so best gone me thinks as we have plenty of midfielders.
Hopefully will release cash to sign a decent left back.
O'Toole gone on 17:18 - Jul 24 with 699 viewsbwildered

Agree Lead , cannot ever remember him grabbing a game by the scruff, only in the Senior Cup , being marked by some gas fitter .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

O'Toole gone on 17:44 - Jul 24 with 694 viewsFruitbat

Agree with all of the above. A hefty wage off the books no doubt.
O'Toole gone on 19:53 - Jul 24 with 679 viewsBarsidepete

Ward is undoubtedly patting himself on the back.

But as JJOT was quoted as saying, first team football wasn't guaranteed at ColU.. Which actually is a back-handed compliment.

Not bovered.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

O'Toole gone on 22:29 - Jul 24 with 646 viewsBlue4U2

"Big thanks to all players & staff at colu. And massive thanks to all the fans who sung 'gold' over last few years. Big love! All the best"

Just saw this on Twitter - Aah how sweet !!
Although I liked JJ Don't think that he'll be missed too much especially after last season's loan/injury spells.
O'Toole gone on 23:44 - Jul 24 with 635 viewsdurham_exile

Sorry guys but I have always liked JJOT.

Injury sustained at Charlton affected a promising footballer.

Good luck to him at the Gas.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

O'Toole gone on 07:10 - Jul 25 with 622 viewsnoah4x4

JJOT doesn't fit with Joe Dunne's fluid fast passing style of play and is a seriously likely to get sent off "midfield destroyer"; ideal for John Ward tactics. Good luck to JJOT.

I have long felt Kem Izzet should follow him out of the club; and I am certainly not Kem's greatest fan; but my mind was changed versus Ipswich when the non-appearance of JJOT suggested his departure was imminent.

It seems to me that despite all the positives about the new U's tactics; we don't have a lot of tackling bite in midfield if (one of) Marcus Bean or David Wright isn't fit with the other on the bench. Somebody will inevitably get injured, so we then do need a third (albeit reserve) as back up. With O'Toole gone; that now leaves only Izzet. This is not to say that others can't tackle, but we can't depend on a more stylish player like (say) Massey (e.g. MK Dons) or a Porter Type youngster (e.g. Bury) to stay on the pitch should the chips be down.

Too often last season we lost the ball in a silly way when we were throwing the kitchen sink forward and then a side with pace (like Swindon) very effectively counter attacked. Magnus is also looking to me like the weak link as ever more sure footed players are recruited around him. I think we still do need a 'midfield destroyer' to start every game (e.g. one of David Wright; Beano or Kem) with another on the bench. Lots of promise in the under 21's in most positions, but I have not seen anybody that truly fits this unique role.

Here; I would bank on Kem making a crucial tackle ahead of our back four, who are repeatedly getting exposed by pace. The ball may then be hoofed aimlessly (much less so by Wright or Bean), but at least the danger has been averted.

On Tuesday, we conceded goals from set pieces; but I have a feeling that we might have leaked a couple more had Kem NOT played his part.

Really not sure what the solution is. But we need one of Wright + Bean and A.N.Other with defensive qualities.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
O'Toole gone on 19:46 - Jul 25 with 566 viewswessex_exile

O'Toole gone on 07:10 - Jul 25 by noah4x4

JJOT doesn't fit with Joe Dunne's fluid fast passing style of play and is a seriously likely to get sent off "midfield destroyer"; ideal for John Ward tactics. Good luck to JJOT.

I have long felt Kem Izzet should follow him out of the club; and I am certainly not Kem's greatest fan; but my mind was changed versus Ipswich when the non-appearance of JJOT suggested his departure was imminent.

It seems to me that despite all the positives about the new U's tactics; we don't have a lot of tackling bite in midfield if (one of) Marcus Bean or David Wright isn't fit with the other on the bench. Somebody will inevitably get injured, so we then do need a third (albeit reserve) as back up. With O'Toole gone; that now leaves only Izzet. This is not to say that others can't tackle, but we can't depend on a more stylish player like (say) Massey (e.g. MK Dons) or a Porter Type youngster (e.g. Bury) to stay on the pitch should the chips be down.

Too often last season we lost the ball in a silly way when we were throwing the kitchen sink forward and then a side with pace (like Swindon) very effectively counter attacked. Magnus is also looking to me like the weak link as ever more sure footed players are recruited around him. I think we still do need a 'midfield destroyer' to start every game (e.g. one of David Wright; Beano or Kem) with another on the bench. Lots of promise in the under 21's in most positions, but I have not seen anybody that truly fits this unique role.

Here; I would bank on Kem making a crucial tackle ahead of our back four, who are repeatedly getting exposed by pace. The ball may then be hoofed aimlessly (much less so by Wright or Bean), but at least the danger has been averted.

On Tuesday, we conceded goals from set pieces; but I have a feeling that we might have leaked a couple more had Kem NOT played his part.

Really not sure what the solution is. But we need one of Wright + Bean and A.N.Other with defensive qualities.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

On his game, I'd take Izzet over JJ any day of the week, but I fear age will finally catch up with Izzet this season, and I can't see too many starts for him - but I'd still like to see him stay in the squad for this season, then maybe if he's got his badges, move into a U's coaching role next season?

We have, however, lost one of the better terrace chants with JJ's departure...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

O'Toole gone on 14:55 - Jul 30 with 504 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I really rated O'Toole when he first joined and he had a really good season but since his injury he's never found that kind of form again and this is probably the best move for both parties as he's a player who needs to play to retain his fitness. I wish him all the best for the rest of his career and I'm sure he'll do well at Bristol Rovers.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024