Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield 11:13 - Jul 27 with 1603 viewsdurham_exile

Squad currently looks like this:

Sam Walker
Mark Cousins

Josh Thompson
Tom Eastman
Mason Spence
David Wright
Magnus Okuonghae
Brian Wilson
Ryan Dickson
Tosin Olufemi
Daniel Pappoe
Michael O'Donoghue
Doogie

Marcus Bean
Andy Bond
Craig Eastmond
Kem Izzet
Drey Wright
Alex Gilbey
Gavin Massey
Jordan Sanderson

Sanchez Watt
Clinton Morrison
Freddie Ladapo
Jabo Ibehre
Freddie Sears

Possible starting line up:

4 - 2 - 3 - 1

Walker

Wilson Okuonghae Eastman Dickson

Bond Massey

Wright (Drey) Eastmond Watt

Ibehre

Subs:

Thompson, Wright (David), Izzet, Olufemi, Bean, Sears, Morrison

Score - no predictions just yet, later in week!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield on 00:07 - Jul 28 with 1573 viewsnoah4x4

Durham;

I predict a rather more attacking 4 - 3 -3

Walker

Olefumi Pappoe Eastman Dickson (no Magnus)

White (David) Eastmond Massey (or it could be Bean for Wright)

Wright (Drey) Ibrehe Watt

Hence;David White (or Bean) to play ahead of Olefumi to give him the freedom to overlap and get forward and to also provide bit of extra cover on the right given both his and Daniel Pappoe's relative novice status.

Olefumi; Drey Wright; Massey; Watt Eastmond and Ibrehe are going to be immense as they bamboozle defences with neat triangles and fast accurate passing and what awesome pace and ball movement we will have now in both attack and defence. The old guard (Wilson; Bond; Magnus; Izzet) look pedestrian by contrast. Can see Alex Gilbey playing a big part too.

U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield on 14:49 - Jul 30 with 1479 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Walker

Wilson Okuonghae Eastman Dickson

Eastmond Wright (David)

Watt Sears Massey

Ibehre

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield on 20:58 - Jul 30 with 1472 viewsFruitbat

I don't think thats far off RS. On paper, probably our strongest line up.
U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield on 07:08 - Jul 31 with 1454 viewsnoah4x4

I still reckon there may be a surprise (or two) in defence.

Tosin Olufemi and Daniel Pappoe probably won't be familiar to those that have not attended any pre-season games. Mason Spence and Michael O'Donoghue also look good prospects (but maybe it is a bit early for them).

Don't be surprised either to see a good deal of Drey Wight and Alex Gilbey in midfield. Both caught the eye; perhaps more so than Craig Eastmond; although to be fair to Craig, he was making a comeback from injury; and then got clattered again at Heybridge - so carefully dies it.

Over 400 advance U's tickets already sold for Gillingham, and the WHCS team have had to apply for more. Tickets are available on the day; but it is cheaper if you book ahead. See you there folks! Don't forget a raincoat and hat. It's an open air temporary stand for away fans. Horrible!
U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield on 11:05 - Jul 31 with 1436 viewsLeadbelly

According to the EADT Joe has a fully fit squad from which to select his starting XI. If true this should give us a pretty clear idea of how he wants us to play this season.

Looking forward to Saturday, even if it is in that awful temporary stand.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield on 06:22 - Aug 2 with 1363 viewsdurham_exile

U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield on 07:08 - Jul 31 by noah4x4

I still reckon there may be a surprise (or two) in defence.

Tosin Olufemi and Daniel Pappoe probably won't be familiar to those that have not attended any pre-season games. Mason Spence and Michael O'Donoghue also look good prospects (but maybe it is a bit early for them).

Don't be surprised either to see a good deal of Drey Wight and Alex Gilbey in midfield. Both caught the eye; perhaps more so than Craig Eastmond; although to be fair to Craig, he was making a comeback from injury; and then got clattered again at Heybridge - so carefully dies it.

Over 400 advance U's tickets already sold for Gillingham, and the WHCS team have had to apply for more. Tickets are available on the day; but it is cheaper if you book ahead. See you there folks! Don't forget a raincoat and hat. It's an open air temporary stand for away fans. Horrible!

Enjoy the game Noah - should be hot - atmosphere and weather.

Sadly I can't make the season opener

Prediction U's 2-0

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield on 17:41 - Aug 2 with 1321 viewsDaniel

Here's my line-up (thanks to the new team selector feature on the site - http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited/team-selector/create)

[team:17]

This post has been edited by an administrator
U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield on 17:52 - Aug 2 with 1310 viewsBarsidepete

U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield on 17:41 - Aug 2 by Daniel

Here's my line-up (thanks to the new team selector feature on the site - http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/colchesterunited/team-selector/create)

This is very cool Daniel. Appreciate more options and such.

Thanks, mate:)

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Login to get fewer ads

U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield on 20:31 - Aug 2 with 1295 viewsdurham_exile

U's squad and starting line up at the Priestfield on 17:41 - Aug 2 by Daniel

Excellent feature Daniel, you kept that one quiet.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024