Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New catering arrangements 13:26 - Aug 13 with 1005 viewsLeadbelly

Quite impressed by the new catering outside on match days. As one who eschews keg beer at all times and doesn't eat burgers or hot dogs and didn't therefore, make use of catering at the ground I must say I really enjoyed the Cumberland sausage in a bap and a pint of Olde Trip.

Great to see a choice of real ales available. If I were being really picky I'd like to some real cider too but I accept it's not everyone's preferred tipple.

Well done Col U.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

New catering arrangements on 07:29 - Aug 14 with 960 viewsnoah4x4

Whilst I didn't partake of a beer; having had my fill at the Victoria; I did try the Cumberland Sausage; and concur; satisfactory.

However; the Balti Pie inside the South Stand (versus Peterborough) was awful compared to last season.

Last night (Arsenal) they had run out of everything edible long before half time (the Cornish Pasty looked appetising) and my request for a Bovril was met with "A what?". We were told not available this season.

Rumour now is that Bovril is definitely off the menu this season to take us away from the "cloth cap and whippet" brigade. But on a cold Saturday its been my half time ritual for forty years. Bring it back please.

Lastly those that didn't watch the under 21's demolish Arsenal 5-1 missed a treat.. Drey Wright and Freddie Lapado were awesome; whilst the team generally was excellent; although 5 - 3 might have been a fairer result had Mark Cousins not been on top shot stopping form

Josh Thomson had his best game at the back; and Daniel Pappoe can't be far away from a first XI place. This really does auger well for the future; even if we can't get a Bovril.
New catering arrangements on 10:01 - Aug 14 with 946 viewsdurham_exile

Noah - I sympathise at your plight of no Bovril.

Solution why not take your own and ask the catering staff to simply add hot water? A groundswell of opinion will surely force a change of policy.

Great to hear about the 5-1 win against the Gooners. There seems to be something about a Tuesday and that scoreline at the WHCS. I note that in their last outing the Gooners lost 7-0 to Luton Town however.

JD will be looking for a strong team against the blunted Blades on Saturday. Drey Wright "will tear you apart" but possibly in the second half.

Freddie Ladapo likewise. I think that JD is behaving responsibly in his team selections. The youngsters have age on their side and do not have to be risked too early but their time will come.

I am looking forward however to watching Sanchez and Craig destroy the blades on Saturday. This is going to be a great season without doubt.

Up the resurgent U's

Durham_exile

New catering arrangements on 10:30 - Aug 14 with 943 viewswessex_exile

New catering arrangements on 10:01 - Aug 14 by durham_exile

Noah - I sympathise at your plight of no Bovril.

Solution why not take your own and ask the catering staff to simply add hot water? A groundswell of opinion will surely force a change of policy.

Great to hear about the 5-1 win against the Gooners. There seems to be something about a Tuesday and that scoreline at the WHCS. I note that in their last outing the Gooners lost 7-0 to Luton Town however.

JD will be looking for a strong team against the blunted Blades on Saturday. Drey Wright "will tear you apart" but possibly in the second half.

Freddie Ladapo likewise. I think that JD is behaving responsibly in his team selections. The youngsters have age on their side and do not have to be risked too early but their time will come.

I am looking forward however to watching Sanchez and Craig destroy the blades on Saturday. This is going to be a great season without doubt.

Up the resurgent U's

Bovril back on the list of refreshments according to Matt on the OMB, thanks to a protest thread on the very same...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

New catering arrangements on 15:14 - Aug 14 with 933 viewscarruthers

New catering arrangements on 10:30 - Aug 14 by wessex_exile

Bovril back on the list of refreshments according to Matt on the OMB, thanks to a protest thread on the very same...

I had a ex son in law who supported Ipswich, [the marriage was doomed from the start] who insisted on a Wagon Wheel when visiting Portman Road. I suppose we all have our foibles and Bovril is a worthy one.
New catering arrangements on 15:37 - Aug 15 with 910 viewsnoah4x4

New catering arrangements on 15:14 - Aug 14 by carruthers

I had a ex son in law who supported Ipswich, [the marriage was doomed from the start] who insisted on a Wagon Wheel when visiting Portman Road. I suppose we all have our foibles and Bovril is a worthy one.

Like that...a wagon wheel at Portman Road.

From behind a tractor I guess.
New catering arrangements on 16:52 - Aug 15 with 905 viewsgerry_us

I will not have a word said against Wagon Wheels.

That and a tea was the staple diet I was weaned on during my early days at Layer Road. The old tea bar at the far end of the ground near to the gent's loos was in almost as bad a state as the barside roof .... but it was what I came to accept and love about the place for many a year.

Wagon Wheels and coffee / tea all round at Bramall Lane Sat'dy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024