Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Groundhog Day 17:37 - Oct 15 with 619 viewsbwildered

England v Poland 1973 , has come round again , with England requiring a win to qualify , although a safety net with play offs is now available.
Hope Bob and Terry have better luck avoiding the result , this time . Perhaps the likely lads see the result in Arkwright's superstore while shopping all hours !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Groundhog Day on 14:58 - Oct 16 with 592 viewsdurham_exile

bwildered - I watched the game on TV last night but 40 years ago almost to the day I was at Wembley for the 1-1 draw.

ITV showed about 2 minutes of highlights from the October 1973 game which brought the nightmare back in glorious technicolour!

100,000 present and certainly nowhere near 25,000 Poles. I would imagine if there were 250 it was a lot. Very different political situation in those days of course.

England were good value for the win last night. Rio is on for summer 2014.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Groundhog Day on 17:00 - Oct 16 with 581 viewsgerry_us

Groundhog Day on 14:58 - Oct 16 by durham_exile

bwildered - I watched the game on TV last night but 40 years ago almost to the day I was at Wembley for the 1-1 draw.

ITV showed about 2 minutes of highlights from the October 1973 game which brought the nightmare back in glorious technicolour!

100,000 present and certainly nowhere near 25,000 Poles. I would imagine if there were 250 it was a lot. Very different political situation in those days of course.

England were good value for the win last night. Rio is on for summer 2014.

Up the U's

Didn't think you would have been old enough Durham; was it a school trip?
And hopefully not Rio Ferdinand to Rio.
Groundhog Day on 17:57 - Oct 16 with 571 viewsbwildered

Watched it live on ITV with the rest of the nation in 1973 , did enough to deserve a result last night unlike the U's the previous weekend .Unsually entertaining , which is most unlike international games these days .
How about a sporting claim to fame / I was there category Durham,

Postscript - With 40 years of hurt , Bob and Terry where more likely to have been avoiding the Bake Off semi final result !!

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Groundhog Day on 20:27 - Oct 16 with 566 viewswessex_exile

Groundhog Day on 17:00 - Oct 16 by gerry_us

Hahaha - that's what we want to see, two old codgers playing the age card

Despite the tension of the situation, I thoroughly enjoyed the game last night - England definitely good value for the win, but that Lewandowski is a handy chap isn't he...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Groundhog Day on 12:37 - Oct 17 with 548 viewsdurham_exile

Groundhog Day on 17:00 - Oct 16 by gerry_us

Not a school trip Gerry, but I was in the sixth form at the time.

I applied for my ticket through the FA and was delighted when it arrived in the post.

I lived in London then and so went on the bus and tube to the match.

Sadly not the right result but England were good value on Tuesday night this time around!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024