Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magpies in town today but no Susan Stranks! 08:44 - Dec 14 with 899 viewsdurham_exile

JD embarks upon the next 7 league games which should all yield league points starting with today’s match against the Magpies.

No cup game has given the U’s time to recharge their batteries and although not due back until January, the good news is that Sanchez Watt has resumed training this week.

Now there will be no complacency Notts County have just secured a vital win against the Gills but if we are serious about climbing the table then we must see them off today.

Team selection is likely to see the two new loanees playing:

Brian Wilson will not be feeling any good vibrations this week as he has collected a one match ban.

JD still has no Sanchez Watt, Drey Wright, Freddie Sears, Josh Thompson, Gavin Massey, Marcus Bean or David Wright all injured. The magnificent seven would all expect to play and so this continues to be a major blow.

However JD is likely to go with:

Walker

Tozer Magnus Eastman Garbutt

Turgott Eastmond Gilbey Vose

Bonne

Ibehre

Subs:
Cousins, Olufemi, Bond, Dickson, Szmodics, Morrison, O’Donoghue

Make no mistake the next four games are all 6 pointers and we will not get a better chance this season to secure a good haul of points.

Plenty of good results will encourage Walker to stay until the end of the season.

Play up the U’s and win the games.

Let’s hope for a decent crowd today and three points.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Magpies in town today but no Susan Stranks! on 15:05 - Dec 14 with 880 viewsgerry_us

Susan Stranks? She's 75 Pete so probably won't travel today.
Magpies in town today but no Susan Stranks! on 17:05 - Dec 14 with 874 viewspancab77

Haven't been on here much for a while, don't read the Gazette very often. We couldn't hang on to a 2-0 defeat today. I am currently not a full on supporter (work etc). Whats gone so wrong. With my limited knowledge i'm thinking Dunne must fall on his sword today,,, by 7 o Clock.
Explain the reality of it to me, Please.

eyeing a league and cup double

Magpies in town today but no Susan Stranks! on 17:26 - Dec 14 with 863 viewswessex_exile

I'm not going to call for the manager's head, but surely questions have to be asked when we not only lose at home to what was the worst team in the league, with the worst away record in the league, but capitulate in such an awful manner.

Sadly, I'll be surprised if JD still has a job by the end of the weekend...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Magpies in town today but no Susan Stranks! on 18:07 - Dec 14 with 838 viewsBluenWightExile

In total agreement with your sentiments Wessex.

I am very worried. There is no progress and there has been none. No sense of continuity or consistency whatsoever. As I've posted before there's some headless chickenism about.

Disgraceful result.
Clearly ill-prepared and attitudinally all wrong as well.
Nothing else can explain such a result or its manner.

We are in worse shape than I had been thinking since August when it was obvious we were a fragile squad clinging to a division we deserved to drop out of in May.

Tell me I'm wrong.....please

Pinault-noir

Magpies in town today but no Susan Stranks! on 18:19 - Dec 14 with 836 viewsgerry_us

Before this gets out of hand this is just one of the "perks" of being a U's supporter, and during my 50+ years there have been worse results...not many I grant you but as the old song goes, "Always look on the bright side of life, trallah trallah trallah trallah"
Magpies in town today but no Susan Stranks! on 19:24 - Dec 14 with 817 viewsnoah4x4

Why play 4-3-3 when we have no wide men available?
Why play Macca Bonne out wide when he is a striker?
Why play Morrison (just 3 goals in 51 games).
Tozer.......not surprised can't get in Northampton Team.
And now Magnus is suspended.

Worst league performance since we played Notts County away two years ago. Absolutely shocking. Many of the U's crowd left before the fourth goal.

But grateful for Durham's mention of Susan Stranks... a small mercy on an otherwise appalling day. What a load of rubbish.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024