Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies Mr Redknapp 20:25 - Jan 18 with 5780 viewsbloberts

I was really p*ssed when we didn't sign Nakhi Wells but on the evidence of today, he was indeed a good thing to avoid. He scored but his general play was atrocious at times.

Apologies for abusing you Mr Redknapp

Poll: Who did you vote for as player of the season?

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 00:12 - Jan 20 with 817 viewsNeil_SI

I enjoyed his performance, thought he was bright and lively and willing to work hard for his team.

For someone who has only been there a short time, and playing his second game, he did really well in terms of gelling and adapting to the way they want to play. Sure, once or twice he had moments that were lost in translation, but if they work him in, and have James Vaughan up alongside him, then they've got an exciting attack developing there.

I hope he does well. I want to see young players do well in the lower divisions and get their chance. It should be supported, just like we've seen with Charlie Austin, who also came from the lower leagues to where he is now.

Great header for his goal too.
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 01:16 - Jan 20 with 801 viewsRangersAreBack

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 01:31 - Jan 19 by Northernr

Two goals in a game and a half at a level he's never played at before. Yeh, fcking pony.

+1. Unless he wanted to stay in Yorkshire, can't understand why we wouldn't take a punt given our dearth of strikers.
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 08:50 - Jan 20 with 778 viewsderbyhoop

To me, Wells looks like a goal scorer and not much else. His general play wasn't that great. If we need a goal scorer we've got one on loan at Rotherham. 2 years younger and wont cost £2m.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 11:21 - Jan 20 with 758 viewsAntti_Heinola

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 08:50 - Jan 20 by derbyhoop

To me, Wells looks like a goal scorer and not much else. His general play wasn't that great. If we need a goal scorer we've got one on loan at Rotherham. 2 years younger and wont cost £2m.

Nonsense - his general play was very good. Excellent movement, laid off several good passes - even won a bit in the air. Caused us lots of problems.

Good old Harry: "“He’s one of those boys — there’s loads about — where someone takes a chance and then in two years everyone says ‘We should have signed him’ or ‘We’re glad we didn’t sign him’ — you don’t know. It’s a chance you take.”

Yep, ten-a-penny those fast, natural goalscorers. I remember Stewart Houston saying something similar about someone. Of course, that player was so useless, I can't remember who he was talking about.

Bare bones.

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 11:26 - Jan 20 with 752 viewsWatfordR

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 11:21 - Jan 20 by Antti_Heinola

Nonsense - his general play was very good. Excellent movement, laid off several good passes - even won a bit in the air. Caused us lots of problems.

Good old Harry: "“He’s one of those boys — there’s loads about — where someone takes a chance and then in two years everyone says ‘We should have signed him’ or ‘We’re glad we didn’t sign him’ — you don’t know. It’s a chance you take.”

Yep, ten-a-penny those fast, natural goalscorers. I remember Stewart Houston saying something similar about someone. Of course, that player was so useless, I can't remember who he was talking about.

You can guarantee one thing. If Wells makes it, in two years time, Redknapp will be sitting on MOTD telling everyone "Yeah triffic lad, tried to sign him when I was at QPR"....
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 11:29 - Jan 20 with 741 viewsJuzzie

I don't klnow how anyone can form an opinion, good or bad, based on just two games at this level.

Agyemang - Started off as a god, became a demon

Furlong - Started off as a demon, became a god.

Even our own Mr Austin took a little while to get going.
Apologies Mr Redknapp on 11:31 - Jan 20 with 740 viewsdaveB

Apologies Mr Redknapp on 11:21 - Jan 20 by Antti_Heinola

You can see what redknapp is saying though. We could have taken a chance on Austin when he was at Swindon, he was in a similar place to Wells and two years on he is a much better player and one snapped up by us. I can see us doing the same with Wells.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024