Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford Blues 17:14 - Feb 22 with 3535 viewsDaveDave

"Don't like the mentality that has been instilled in the team recently. We seem to be sitting back far to early in games and letting the opposition build up ahead of steam."

Yellowsforum(Oxford)

Can we get at them early in the game next week?

[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 17:16]

Oxford Blues on 17:23 - Feb 22 with 3450 viewsD_Alien

Chris Wilder resigning and taking over at bottom club Northants a few weeks back is one of the weirdest managerial moves I've ever seen. They've managed to keep things together but now they'll be wounded, but also vulnerable.

There's no reason for us to do anything other than take the game to Oxford, whilst respecting them and "earning the right to play"

That way, fans old & new will be able to get behind the lads from the start.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oxford Blues on 17:51 - Feb 22 with 3313 views442Dale

Oxford Blues on 17:23 - Feb 22 by D_Alien

Chris Wilder resigning and taking over at bottom club Northants a few weeks back is one of the weirdest managerial moves I've ever seen. They've managed to keep things together but now they'll be wounded, but also vulnerable.

There's no reason for us to do anything other than take the game to Oxford, whilst respecting them and "earning the right to play"

That way, fans old & new will be able to get behind the lads from the start.

Plenty of their fans had seen enough of Wilder, despite the league position. I think he realised this and wanted a fresh challenge.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oxford Blues on 18:11 - Feb 22 with 3232 viewsSuddenLad

Oxford Blues on 17:51 - Feb 22 by 442Dale

Plenty of their fans had seen enough of Wilder, despite the league position. I think he realised this and wanted a fresh challenge.

If some of the rumours were true about the size of salary Wilder was offered by the Cobblers and bonuses to keep them in the League, then it's no surprise he went to Sixfields.

If he keeps them up - jackpot for all concerned. If not, tough - but he's been well paid in the process.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Oxford Blues on 18:29 - Feb 22 with 3121 viewsDaley_Lama

Oxford brief analysis.

They have only lost one game away all season, and that was at Newport who are excellent at home.

They have however played far more games versus teams at the bottom than the top.

Remaining games 13.

Versus Top 12 - 10 games including away trips to Chesterfield, Scunthorpe, Rochdale, Southend, Daggers and Plymouth.

Versus Bottom 12 - 3 games

Poll: DF in or out

Oxford Blues on 18:59 - Feb 22 with 3042 viewspnc4eva1

Oxford Blues on 18:29 - Feb 22 by Daley_Lama

Oxford brief analysis.

They have only lost one game away all season, and that was at Newport who are excellent at home.

They have however played far more games versus teams at the bottom than the top.

Remaining games 13.

Versus Top 12 - 10 games including away trips to Chesterfield, Scunthorpe, Rochdale, Southend, Daggers and Plymouth.

This is a point I tried to make a few weeks ago on a different thread

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Oxford Blues on 19:16 - Feb 22 with 2968 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Oxford Blues on 18:29 - Feb 22 by Daley_Lama

Oxford brief analysis.

Remaining games 13.

Good point DL......hopefully they will struggle to pick points up on the road ,starting next Saturday!
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:08 - Feb 23 with 2479 viewsDaley_Lama

Oxford Blues on 09:31 - Feb 24 with 2302 viewsirisaln

What I have noticed is that the Dale team instead of playing at their pace, drop down to the pace of the opposition. They should take the game to the visitors from the word go with their quick pass and move system. Dale have nothing to fear in this league or even in the championship.
Up the Dale!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Oxford Blues on 10:06 - Feb 24 with 2249 viewsDaley_Lama

Championes, championes, ole ole ole.

(according to the update yesterday)

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/thread/16451/end-season-predictions

Oxford Blues on 10:17 - Feb 24 with 2231 viewsdingdangblue

Oxford Blues on 09:31 - Feb 24 by irisaln

What I have noticed is that the Dale team instead of playing at their pace, drop down to the pace of the opposition. They should take the game to the visitors from the word go with their quick pass and move system. Dale have nothing to fear in this league or even in the championship.
Up the Dale!!!

So that's why we are struggling 1 point off top - think you might be onto something there - just hope Hilly sorts it out.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Oxford Blues on 10:33 - Feb 24 with 2198 viewsMass_Debater

Oxford Blues on 09:31 - Feb 24 by irisaln

Up the Dale!!!

Yeah, whatever we're doing clearly isn't working.
Oxford Blues on 16:24 - Feb 24 with 2051 viewsBigKindo

Oxford Blues on 10:06 - Feb 24 by Daley_Lama

Championes, championes, ole ole ole.

(according to the update yesterday)

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/thread/16451/end-season-predictions

An excellent job of helping tweak the nipples of the FG's before Saturday's game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024