Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread 08:44 - Mar 2 with 26439 viewsDarran

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:15 - Mar 2 with 2266 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:55 - Mar 2 by Liam12345

Dyer is shit
Emnes should have replaced Bony

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:16 - Mar 2 with 2261 viewsCaptain_Sham

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:14 - Mar 2 by AnotherJohn

Relieved to get a point today. Was it tiredness, or has our new manager bounce worn off already? The West Brom game is massive now. Forty points looks a challenging target, but at least other results went our way.

I had a gut feeling at about 50 mins that we would lose, so Im relieved to get a point. I hope to fk we have spa time booked for the next week. If we play like we did second half against W Brom and Narch we are going to have to change our sponsor to Andrex.

Its just a ride.

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:32 - Mar 2 with 2127 viewsLiam12345

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:16 - Mar 2 by Captain_Sham

I had a gut feeling at about 50 mins that we would lose, so Im relieved to get a point. I hope to fk we have spa time booked for the next week. If we play like we did second half against W Brom and Narch we are going to have to change our sponsor to Andrex.

Free roll of andrex when you get into the stadium

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:35 - Mar 2 with 2114 viewsKingBony

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:32 - Mar 2 by Liam12345

Free roll of andrex when you get into the stadium

Need some Andrex for all the shit stirrers on here.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2014 19:35]

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:49 - Mar 2 with 2016 viewsairedale

I've decided now that whenever you see Ben pointlessly had the ball vertically whilst in a defensive position, that no good is going to come of the game.
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:53 - Mar 2 with 1987 viewsWarwickHunt

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:49 - Mar 2 by airedale

I've decided now that whenever you see Ben pointlessly had the ball vertically whilst in a defensive position, that no good is going to come of the game.

He does that a lot, even when under no pressure...

It's like a f*cking beach ball.
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:54 - Mar 2 with 1977 viewsCaptain_Sham

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:49 - Mar 2 by airedale

Will he be back from the repair man by W Brom? I guess he is going to need untangling after the second half.
I forsee haunting nightmares about the number 7 skipping off into the distance once again.

Its just a ride.

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 20:42 - Mar 2 with 1788 viewsLeonisGod

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:54 - Mar 2 by Captain_Sham

Will he be back from the repair man by W Brom? I guess he is going to need untangling after the second half.
I forsee haunting nightmares about the number 7 skipping off into the distance once again.

Last time I saw one of our fullbacks have such a torrid time was when adomah tore tatey a new one on a miserable midweek game against Bristol. We looked far better with JdG at fullback (and Ben better than the struggling Ash at CH)
Login to get fewer ads

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 21:02 - Mar 2 with 1724 viewsairedale

Cowin Lush!

That's what I said tonight after taking off my flannelette lined corduroy trousers and got into the bath.
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 22:00 - Mar 2 with 1615 viewsDull1Thomas

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 09:36 - Mar 2 by Dull1Thomas

Form has conceded 7 in two games .. will we see GT back where he belongs this afternoon?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 07:46 - Mar 3 with 1367 viewsjacksinceever

A few observations about yesterday:

A decidedly dodgy penalty;
Ben Davies was very poor, which in fairness is unusual for him;
many of the players were tired;
Emnes should have come on for Hernandez, with perhaps Routledge dropping into the AM role;
Odd decision to bring Lita on, Emnes should have come on then at least;
The knee-jerk reaction slagging off Monk, etc is typical of a minority of Swans fans. A two week break is just what the doctor ordered before facing WBA on 15th March
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 08:06 - Mar 3 with 1344 viewsShaky

Sure, dodgy penalty, blahblahblah, but at the end of the day we were lucky to come away with a point, and in may ways I felt it was a worse performance than West Ham.

Sure the team was tired, but that is hardly a surprise given the pressing game. It is all very well insisting on a high tempo pressing, but with our fixture schedule that is going to bite you in the ass.

Welcome to the real world boys and girls.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2014 8:08]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 09:09 - Mar 3 with 1306 viewsjacksinceever

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 08:06 - Mar 3 by Shaky

Sure, dodgy penalty, blahblahblah, but at the end of the day we were lucky to come away with a point, and in may ways I felt it was a worse performance than West Ham.

Sure the team was tired, but that is hardly a surprise given the pressing game. It is all very well insisting on a high tempo pressing, but with our fixture schedule that is going to bite you in the ass.

Against WHU we didn't compete at all. For most of yesterday we looked confident, played with plenty of swagger and looking capable of winning. Only the last 20 minutes or so was poor
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 09:13 - Mar 3 with 1301 viewsDarran

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 09:09 - Mar 3 by jacksinceever

Against WHU we didn't compete at all. For most of yesterday we looked confident, played with plenty of swagger and looking capable of winning. Only the last 20 minutes or so was poor

Don't bother Gerry it's clear from the last few weeks that Shaky is a Laudyboy.

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 09:16 - Mar 3 with 1296 viewsShaky

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 09:13 - Mar 3 by Darran

Don't bother Gerry it's clear from the last few weeks that Shaky is a Laudyboy.

Well you know what they say Darran, you pay peanuts you get Monkys.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 12:56 - Mar 3 with 1249 viewsLiberty

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 07:46 - Mar 3 by jacksinceever

A few observations about yesterday:

A decidedly dodgy penalty;
Ben Davies was very poor, which in fairness is unusual for him;
many of the players were tired;
Emnes should have come on for Hernandez, with perhaps Routledge dropping into the AM role;
Odd decision to bring Lita on, Emnes should have come on then at least;
The knee-jerk reaction slagging off Monk, etc is typical of a minority of Swans fans. A two week break is just what the doctor ordered before facing WBA on 15th March

Can't agree with the Emnes for Hernanndez sub, you suggest.

Think Garry got that right.

De Guzman can play attacking mid very well, it got us the goal. Canas is very decent alongside Leon.

Moving DeGuzman up for Hernandez and bringing Canas on, worked well.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 14:26 - Mar 3 with 1205 viewsSpratty

Although 3 points would obviously have been very useful, wasn’t going to be too concerned if we did not win given all that has been going on. Also felt the same about West Ham away (and was at both games).

However we totally lost our shape in the second half yesterday and were lucky they didn’t put a few past us. Palace getting 3 points would have been of real concern.

As far as the subs: Unfortunate re Pabs. Didn’t know Williams was ill but that caused us real problems and obviously more difficult for Amat to get into game. Also thought Bony did not seem to want to come off but that was another major blow, Leroy as his replacement was baffling to me.

Felt a bit disappointed after the game. Perhaps the atmosphere in the stadium and the realisation sinking in that both our FA and European adventure was over and we only had scraps in the PL to come

A good rest and well spaced matches now should mean there is no excuse not to play the best available team and get some wins in.
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 15:54 - Mar 3 with 1174 viewsPlasticman

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 08:06 - Mar 3 by Shaky

Look on the bright side. Now that the 'ambitious' people got their will and we crashed out of every cup we only need to focus on the league games where the energy sapping playstyle and training that is used now doesn't hurt as much as when you are competing on multiple fronts.

I guess that's why some people wanted to exit those compos asap: because they knew it wouldn't work well with the high energy style that is more 'view friendly' to some.

I guess you could say "at least the boys are going for it", but results are the same, and injuries frankly seem to be on the rising so far :-/

Plastic since 2012

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 16:00 - Mar 3 with 1169 viewsDarran

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 15:54 - Mar 3 by Plasticman

Look on the bright side. Now that the 'ambitious' people got their will and we crashed out of every cup we only need to focus on the league games where the energy sapping playstyle and training that is used now doesn't hurt as much as when you are competing on multiple fronts.

I guess that's why some people wanted to exit those compos asap: because they knew it wouldn't work well with the high energy style that is more 'view friendly' to some.

I guess you could say "at least the boys are going for it", but results are the same, and injuries frankly seem to be on the rising so far :-/

Oh f*ck off you f*cking Laudyboy.

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 16:35 - Mar 3 with 1140 viewsShaky

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 15:54 - Mar 3 by Plasticman

Well I agree completely with your first paragraph, but I think the overall issue is this:

For me what was frequently going wrong under Laudrup was that defensive cock-ups were undermining otherwise good performances further up the field -- The relatively narrow losses to Citeh and MauU come to mind.

For whatever reason the first games under Monk seemed to largely eliminate these defensive errors and I largely attribute the perceived better performances to the fact that the opposition didn't look like they were going to automatically score when they got into our half.

Unfortunately this defensive frailty started to return first against Liverpool, deteriorated against Napoli, and then approached farce levels against the Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeagles.

Can Monk turn it around? I bloody well hope so, otherwise this board is going to be awash with even more nonsense about the disastrous state Laudrup left the club in.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 16:50 - Mar 3 with 1127 viewsDull1Thomas

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 16:35 - Mar 3 by Shaky

Well I agree completely with your first paragraph, but I think the overall issue is this:

For me what was frequently going wrong under Laudrup was that defensive cock-ups were undermining otherwise good performances further up the field -- The relatively narrow losses to Citeh and MauU come to mind.

For whatever reason the first games under Monk seemed to largely eliminate these defensive errors and I largely attribute the perceived better performances to the fact that the opposition didn't look like they were going to automatically score when they got into our half.

Unfortunately this defensive frailty started to return first against Liverpool, deteriorated against Napoli, and then approached farce levels against the Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeagles.

Can Monk turn it around? I bloody well hope so, otherwise this board is going to be awash with even more nonsense about the disastrous state Laudrup left the club in.

Until the Palace result I had absolutely no doubts we would stay up ... now I'm getting a bit panicky.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:01 - Mar 3 with 1117 viewsShaky

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 16:50 - Mar 3 by Dull1Thomas

Until the Palace result I had absolutely no doubts we would stay up ... now I'm getting a bit panicky.

I think that **remains* extremely unlikely, with only one birth probably available considering Cardiff and Fulham look like gonners.

However, for me Monk is way, way out of his depth, and my concern is that if survival is adjudged to be success and he keeps the job over the summer next season could look considerably more hairy.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:06 - Mar 3 with 1109 viewsNeathJack

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:01 - Mar 3 by Shaky

I think that **remains* extremely unlikely, with only one birth probably available considering Cardiff and Fulham look like gonners.

However, for me Monk is way, way out of his depth, and my concern is that if survival is adjudged to be success and he keeps the job over the summer next season could look considerably more hairy.

On what Basis is Monk "Way out of his depth"?

The thrashing of Cardiff?
The superb effort at Anfield (only team to score 3 there this season)?
Completely outclassing Napoli at Home?
Getting our first point at Stoke in the Premier League despite having gone behind?
Coming within 12 minutes and an unlucky break of the ball away from knocking Napoli out on their own ground?
Or 45 minutes v Palace when there was a sickness bug in the squad and we were out on our feet after the recent schedule?
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:16 - Mar 3 with 1097 viewsShaky

He is out of his depth tactically and strategically in terms of :
- substitutions
- team selection
- caving in to the demands of Ash to play if he had been up all night vomiting
- a general failure to comprehend that playing a compressed schedule of matches at one full on speed is going to lead to shagged out personnel.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:21 - Mar 3 with 1090 viewsNeathJack

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:16 - Mar 3 by Shaky

He is out of his depth tactically and strategically in terms of :
- substitutions
- team selection
- caving in to the demands of Ash to play if he had been up all night vomiting
- a general failure to comprehend that playing a compressed schedule of matches at one full on speed is going to lead to shagged out personnel.

Substitutions: Which subs has he actually got wrong then?

Team Selection: Again, which team selection was wrong?

Ash: Clearly Ash declared himself fit to play therefore the manager needs to trust his captain that he is being honest.

Schedule: No doubt it was going to lead to fatigue but better that than play at the pedestrian pace of his predecessor. Without a wrong pen decision yesterday, the game would have been won.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024