Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread 08:44 - Mar 2 with 27009 viewsDarran

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:24 - Mar 3 with 1174 viewsDarran

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:21 - Mar 3 by NeathJack

Substitutions: Which subs has he actually got wrong then?

Team Selection: Again, which team selection was wrong?

Ash: Clearly Ash declared himself fit to play therefore the manager needs to trust his captain that he is being honest.

Schedule: No doubt it was going to lead to fatigue but better that than play at the pedestrian pace of his predecessor. Without a wrong pen decision yesterday, the game would have been won.

Don't bother Neathie Dimi suffers from dimintia.

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:46 - Mar 3 with 1147 viewsShaky

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:21 - Mar 3 by NeathJack

Substitutions: Which subs has he actually got wrong then?

Team Selection: Again, which team selection was wrong?

Ash: Clearly Ash declared himself fit to play therefore the manager needs to trust his captain that he is being honest.

Schedule: No doubt it was going to lead to fatigue but better that than play at the pedestrian pace of his predecessor. Without a wrong pen decision yesterday, the game would have been won.

I'm not going to go through this in detail, but for me team selection was wrong for Everton, Napoli@ home, and Liverpool, and subs were quesitionable for the foregoing as well as Napoli away, and Palace.

"Clearly Ash declared himself fit to play therefore the manager needs to trust his captain "

Wrong, the buck stops with the manager.

As to your last point I have no interest in the tempo of a performance, I only care about results.

On that basis what do you feel were the objectives under Monk's tenure, and how well do you believe he has performed?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:49 - Mar 3 with 1143 viewsDarran

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:46 - Mar 3 by Shaky

I'm not going to go through this in detail, but for me team selection was wrong for Everton, Napoli@ home, and Liverpool, and subs were quesitionable for the foregoing as well as Napoli away, and Palace.

"Clearly Ash declared himself fit to play therefore the manager needs to trust his captain "

Wrong, the buck stops with the manager.

As to your last point I have no interest in the tempo of a performance, I only care about results.

On that basis what do you feel were the objectives under Monk's tenure, and how well do you believe he has performed?

So based on that Williams tells the manager and medical staff that he's fine to start and Monk tells him no you're not?

Fair play that's one of your finest.

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:15 - Mar 3 with 1126 viewsShaky

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 17:49 - Mar 3 by Darran

So based on that Williams tells the manager and medical staff that he's fine to start and Monk tells him no you're not?

Fair play that's one of your finest.

Darran, we are not talking about some complex unpronounceable injury but a stomach bug, that based on only a little extrapolation had him chucking up all night.

Are you fit for anything at all after a night like that? Use your loaf, sunshine.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:17 - Mar 3 with 1124 viewsDarran

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:15 - Mar 3 by Shaky

Darran, we are not talking about some complex unpronounceable injury but a stomach bug, that based on only a little extrapolation had him chucking up all night.

Are you fit for anything at all after a night like that? Use your loaf, sunshine.

But obviously Williams said he was ok to play.

Kin hell mun.

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 07:49 - Mar 4 with 1038 viewsjacksinceever

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 16:35 - Mar 3 by Shaky

Well I agree completely with your first paragraph, but I think the overall issue is this:

For me what was frequently going wrong under Laudrup was that defensive cock-ups were undermining otherwise good performances further up the field -- The relatively narrow losses to Citeh and MauU come to mind.

For whatever reason the first games under Monk seemed to largely eliminate these defensive errors and I largely attribute the perceived better performances to the fact that the opposition didn't look like they were going to automatically score when they got into our half.

Unfortunately this defensive frailty started to return first against Liverpool, deteriorated against Napoli, and then approached farce levels against the Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeagles.

Can Monk turn it around? I bloody well hope so, otherwise this board is going to be awash with even more nonsense about the disastrous state Laudrup left the club in.

You really are looking through"Laudrup - tinted" glasses aren't you? Liverpool are the highest scorers in the EPL and put 6 past Arsenal and 5 past Spurs. To concede 4 against them isn't a frailty. Napoli are still one of the best teams in Europe and only scored three because of a freak deflection of Ben for the second and obviously caught us on the break for the third. The "penalty" we conceded on Sunday was due to Vorm rushing out to meet a hoof out of defence which nobody saw coming. In fairness Palace didn't play route one so that was a freak ball which felt kindly for them, but which we still should have cleared.
If we concede four against Norwich then I'll change my view. Until then, get behind the club or go shake yourself somewhere else issit?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024