Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread 08:44 - Mar 2 with 26440 viewsDarran

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:30 - Mar 2 with 2624 viewsSorteErik

Great call by Monk - excellent subs.

He caused a lot of problems for Laudrup, being mad that he wasnt a part of the squad.

Now he will send Swans to the championship.

FA cup, Euro league and PL good-bye !

Good call sacking Laudrup - and Wieghorst.
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:31 - Mar 2 with 2609 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:28 - Mar 2 by ApeShit

Thats going to be the official line in the post match interview.

Whilst Monk's subs certainly didn't help matters, I think the decline was fairly evident for everyone to see straight from the second-half kick-off.

Still, pissed we let that one slip through our fingers.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:31 - Mar 2 with 2605 viewshobo

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:27 - Mar 2 by Plasticman

from the looks of it, he was close to shaving off the palace players head with his foot

He had 2 defenders dealing with the ball, absolutely no reason at all to come out
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:31 - Mar 2 with 2600 viewsnevertrustaspaniard

worst 2nd half of football iv seen us play for years, and I really thought the days of seeing players like Lita in our team were long gone..
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:32 - Mar 2 with 2545 viewssomersetsimon

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:19 - Mar 2 by magicdaps10

The danger has been showing all half and he takes Bony and Williams off.

POOR!

Read somewhere that Williams had been sick on the pitch, so I can understand him coming off. What was the problem with Bony?

Canals for Hernandez was an odd one, especially as we were so much in control. Why didn't we bring Emnes on and either play him in the hole or switch with Routledge?
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:33 - Mar 2 with 2542 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:30 - Mar 2 by SorteErik

He caused a lot of problems for Laudrup, being mad that he wasnt a part of the squad.

F*ck off WUM.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:35 - Mar 2 with 2446 viewsjacksfullaces

ran out of steam today.

questions immediately being asked whether this is psychological rather than physical.

not surprised with the result tbh honest the manner rather peculiar

west brom now becomes must win.

it doesn't take long to be back in the thick of it again
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:35 - Mar 2 with 2427 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

Gutted, what happened to us second half? Fatigue? Even though the foul was outside the box Palace looked like scoring from the start of the second half. A fair result in the end but we really need to winning these games.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Login to get fewer ads

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:37 - Mar 2 with 2397 viewsKingBony

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:30 - Mar 2 by SorteErik

Sorry Michael you allegedly breached the terms of your
contract so sorry yo can't say goodbye to the players.

If this isn't Michael can you fook off you c@nt

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:37 - Mar 2 with 2391 viewsPlasticman

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:31 - Mar 2 by hobo

He had 2 defenders dealing with the ball, absolutely no reason at all to come out

maybe he was getting frustrated at the performance of his defence during second half and wanted to have a pop at the crystal player?

Plastic since 2012

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:37 - Mar 2 with 2378 viewsWarwickHunt

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:32 - Mar 2 by somersetsimon

Read somewhere that Williams had been sick on the pitch, so I can understand him coming off. What was the problem with Bony?

Canals for Hernandez was an odd one, especially as we were so much in control. Why didn't we bring Emnes on and either play him in the hole or switch with Routledge?

Commentator said the word from the bench was Bony was "a little jaded" - f*ck my eyes...

Pablo had a tight hamstring. No idea why Ash went off.
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:44 - Mar 2 with 2215 viewsJonnyTheJack

The players were knackered 2nd half. It's a big ask to produce big performances in a short space of time. Mentally more than anything but it seems a few of the lads were struggling with injuries.

A scrappy 1-0 would have been superb but a stupid mistake cost us.

Players need to refresh and hopefully we'll have Michu and Shelvey back to bolster the sqaud.
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:46 - Mar 2 with 2192 viewsApeShit

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:44 - Mar 2 by JonnyTheJack

The players were knackered 2nd half. It's a big ask to produce big performances in a short space of time. Mentally more than anything but it seems a few of the lads were struggling with injuries.

Players need to refresh and hopefully we'll have Michu and Shelvey back to bolster the sqaud.

To be honest we're playing at a constant high tempo, its going to be impossible to maintain that. There is just no tactics except GO FOR IT!
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:49 - Mar 2 with 2150 viewsaspas45

Was NGOG injured today, thought he might have been a SUB.

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:49 - Mar 2 with 2140 viewsJonnyTheJack

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:46 - Mar 2 by ApeShit

To be honest we're playing at a constant high tempo, its going to be impossible to maintain that. There is just no tactics except GO FOR IT!

Agreed. But like I said, we could play like that once every 7 days but playing like it twice every 3/4 days is too much. It caught up with us 2nd half. We were a stupid mistake away from 3 points though. I know we didn't play well 2nd half but Palace weren't that threatening.
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:55 - Mar 2 with 2068 viewsLiam12345

Dyer is shit
Emnes should have replaced Bony

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:55 - Mar 2 with 2068 viewsymaohyd

If Monk made bad calls, he deserves criticism and he'll hold his hand up. Still no exccuse though. May have taken Bony off to just put a fresh set of legs on to close their back 4 down. I can only imagine Ash wasn't fit to carry on.

When subs don't work out a manager can look foolish, this is one of those times. If things aint broken don't change it.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:55 - Mar 2 with 2063 viewswaynekerr55

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:49 - Mar 2 by JonnyTheJack

Agreed. But like I said, we could play like that once every 7 days but playing like it twice every 3/4 days is too much. It caught up with us 2nd half. We were a stupid mistake away from 3 points though. I know we didn't play well 2nd half but Palace weren't that threatening.

^^^ This

Soft soft goal. A bit of rest now and no excuses in the run in. If we go down then we've nobody to blame but ourselves

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:57 - Mar 2 with 2038 viewsaspas45

Looking forward post match speach. Give hime chance to explain the Subs.

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:03 - Mar 2 with 1973 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:55 - Mar 2 by ymaohyd

If Monk made bad calls, he deserves criticism and he'll hold his hand up. Still no exccuse though. May have taken Bony off to just put a fresh set of legs on to close their back 4 down. I can only imagine Ash wasn't fit to carry on.

When subs don't work out a manager can look foolish, this is one of those times. If things aint broken don't change it.

The only problem is that it is not the first time, it is beginning to become a pattern.
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:03 - Mar 2 with 1970 viewsymaohyd

Prior to ML leaving, my criticism was that we weren't controlling games, as in going a goal down. The positive from today is that we attacked them, went a goal up and could control the game.

The Swans, there on should be one of the best teams in the league, including the top 4 of retaining possession and making the opposition chase and use up energy.

I suppose that may have been the tactic in the 2nd half.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:04 - Mar 2 with 1965 viewsCaptain_Sham

Before either substitution I had us down to lose the way it was going. A hapless second half. Seeing as we are picking on players, anyone have any idea what Rangel was up to today? He put me in mind of one of the chuckle brothers at times.

Its just a ride.

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:12 - Mar 2 with 1893 viewsshingle

Oh well just as i expected although i did not see those subs coming? the players were cooked, if only we had put out a second string team against Napoli and played a full fresh team for this very important six pointer, just two words are needed to explain the reason if we go down, Europa cup oh and may as well add bad management from Laudrup and Monk for overplaying our top players and not concentrating fully on staying in the Prem.
The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:13 - Mar 2 with 1878 viewsunion_jack

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 18:44 - Mar 2 by JonnyTheJack

All I can say is thank God we are out of the Europa Cup. We can do without that physical distraction.

2 weeks off to get bodies and minds back into shape. Today they were knackered.

And Williams didn't look bemused at coming off so seems he knew it was coming. Did he request it maybe?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The official Swansea City V Crystal Palace match day thread on 19:14 - Mar 2 with 1872 viewsAnotherJohn

Relieved to get a point today. Was it tiredness, or has our new manager bounce worn off already? The West Brom game is massive now. Forty points looks a challenging target, but at least other results went our way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024