Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? 17:19 - Mar 5 with 20618 viewslibertine

i've notice that quite a few of the swansea primary aged footballers are signing up with cardif

whats that all about?
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 17:23 - Mar 5 with 13628 viewsRancid

There's Cardiff kids playing for Swansea too.Works both ways.
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 17:31 - Mar 5 with 13595 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It might have something to do with the quality of the scouts, or the fact that some local small clubs are out of favour.
Maybe the club should have a notice board where fans can post up players that they have seen playing really well.
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 17:39 - Mar 5 with 13563 viewsLiberty

Cardiff have far more academies than Swansea, they use philosophy of get loads of kids in, spread net wide, no consistent football philosophy between the academies, Swans get less players involved, more quality than quantity.

Theres probably a happy medium between the 2 approaches.

The coaching is a higher standard at Swansea, although more rigid ie play the Swansea way, from back, zones etc. Thats why youth results are not be all and end all.

Finding one great player with prem potential every few years would more than pay for it.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 17:44 - Mar 5 with 13544 viewsscottishjack

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 17:39 - Mar 5 by Liberty

Cardiff have far more academies than Swansea, they use philosophy of get loads of kids in, spread net wide, no consistent football philosophy between the academies, Swans get less players involved, more quality than quantity.

Theres probably a happy medium between the 2 approaches.

The coaching is a higher standard at Swansea, although more rigid ie play the Swansea way, from back, zones etc. Thats why youth results are not be all and end all.

Finding one great player with prem potential every few years would more than pay for it.

Yep, a mate of mine had his lad involved in the Cardiff academy, massive numbers involved with them, and a fair cost to the parents as well for all the gear and travel.

I'm not saying that these kids aren't talented, just that the Swans seem more selective than Cardiff.
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 17:45 - Mar 5 with 13534 viewsjackportis

It is the same here in bristol. My son got scouted by both cardiff and bristol city. Bristol was on mass and a bit annonymous however cardiff totally different. Nice facility good coaches and they also dont insist on junior contracts.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 17:51 - Mar 5 with 13513 viewsShaky

I blame Monk.

Boom-boom.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 18:28 - Mar 5 with 13419 viewsOldjack

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 17:51 - Mar 5 by Shaky

I blame Monk.

Boom-boom.

they take anyone apparently as long as you splash the cash

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 18:31 - Mar 5 with 13407 viewsJoe_bradshaw

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 17:51 - Mar 5 by Shaky

I blame Monk.

Boom-boom.

They're all hoping for a share of Tan's £3.7M bonus.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 18:55 - Mar 5 with 13337 viewsTheFranchise

Here we go again, I'm not answering this any more. Do a search, I've explained it many times.
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 19:27 - Mar 5 with 13266 viewsicecoldjack

I dont know the truth about it but ive heard a few people i know talk about the kids and parents being used as a revenue stream basically. Not sure how true that is mind you, but with higher numbers there is a higher chance of netting one good kid i suppose .
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 20:38 - Mar 5 with 13186 viewsVARDREJACK

I know of three sets of parents whos kids were approached by Cardiff scouts asking to join there academies all the parents were very excited thinking their kids were going to be the next superstar but after a few months of spending loads of money on kit traveling etc they felt very disappointed as they could see they were just being used as revenue making, its not fair as the kids get all excited first of all just to face disappointment later on
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 23:02 - Mar 5 with 13003 viewsMillJack

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 17:44 - Mar 5 by scottishjack

Yep, a mate of mine had his lad involved in the Cardiff academy, massive numbers involved with them, and a fair cost to the parents as well for all the gear and travel.

I'm not saying that these kids aren't talented, just that the Swans seem more selective than Cardiff.

Without banging on about the same thing that has been discussed numerous times on here, your mates lad doesn't play for Cardiff's academy. He plays/trains with one of their regional development centres.

I hear parents all of the time saying "my son plays for Cardiff". They don't but it makes them feel good about themselves. It's all very strange.
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 23:10 - Mar 5 with 12993 viewstomdickharry

Plenty of goods young players around,unfortunately there are many useless scouts and coaches around who wouldn't know a player if they saw one,add in lady luck and bingo another disappointed man and dad.
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 23:29 - Mar 5 with 12956 viewsjackportis

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 20:38 - Mar 5 by VARDREJACK

I know of three sets of parents whos kids were approached by Cardiff scouts asking to join there academies all the parents were very excited thinking their kids were going to be the next superstar but after a few months of spending loads of money on kit traveling etc they felt very disappointed as they could see they were just being used as revenue making, its not fair as the kids get all excited first of all just to face disappointment later on

They will pay expenses.A 12 year old I know has an allowance from them.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 18:34 - Mar 6 with 12668 viewsScoobyWho

Here we go again, another bull sh it thread from -

1. A stupid swansea parent
2. A Cardiff fan with an ego to boost
3. Someone who hasn't read the previous fifty thousand threads on the same topic that at the end of it turns in to completely the opposite.

cheers libertine, you fek !
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 18:36]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 21:42 - Mar 6 with 12543 viewslibertine

whats a fek
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 22:24 - Mar 6 with 12497 viewschemical_ali

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 21:42 - Mar 6 by libertine

whats a fek

All the kids are not.

My son is U8 and has been offered a place from both. He currently trains and plays with both. We live 5 minutes away from cardiff academy and are cardiff season ticket holders.

He will play and sign with Swansea next year as thats where he prefers playing. He prefers the style of play and the coaching is, for me anyway, better. Not that Cardiff is bad, but they coach individuals in Cardiff and a team in Swansea. There are 3 other kids in his age who have left cardiff to join swansea for similar reasons, 1 of which has also been offered a place in swansea next year.

There are a couple of kids in Cardiff from Swansea at u8 also, so its a two way street.

As for the ADC's that Cardiff have everywhere, they are not Cardiff City. Many parents think they are in the academy. You are not. If you train outdoors at u6 - u11 level on a friday night, you are playing for cardiff development centre part of Cardiff Community Foundation a charitable organisation that is more self interested than a feeder for the academy. The academy and ADC have a sometimes frosty relationship and you will almost never see an academy coach at an ADC scouting for players. You are paying for private coaching for someone who has loaned the Cardiff badge.
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 22:36 - Mar 6 with 12471 viewsTheFranchise

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 22:24 - Mar 6 by chemical_ali

All the kids are not.

My son is U8 and has been offered a place from both. He currently trains and plays with both. We live 5 minutes away from cardiff academy and are cardiff season ticket holders.

He will play and sign with Swansea next year as thats where he prefers playing. He prefers the style of play and the coaching is, for me anyway, better. Not that Cardiff is bad, but they coach individuals in Cardiff and a team in Swansea. There are 3 other kids in his age who have left cardiff to join swansea for similar reasons, 1 of which has also been offered a place in swansea next year.

There are a couple of kids in Cardiff from Swansea at u8 also, so its a two way street.

As for the ADC's that Cardiff have everywhere, they are not Cardiff City. Many parents think they are in the academy. You are not. If you train outdoors at u6 - u11 level on a friday night, you are playing for cardiff development centre part of Cardiff Community Foundation a charitable organisation that is more self interested than a feeder for the academy. The academy and ADC have a sometimes frosty relationship and you will almost never see an academy coach at an ADC scouting for players. You are paying for private coaching for someone who has loaned the Cardiff badge.

You are going to upset a few stupid parents by saying that. I applaud you sir.
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 22:49 - Mar 6 with 12454 viewsDaithejack

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 22:24 - Mar 6 by chemical_ali

All the kids are not.

Fair play, think thats cleared that one up.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 11:02 - Mar 7 with 12304 viewsMillJack

All the kids are not.

Well if that doesn't put the whole subject to bed then nothing will.

Great post.
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 13:32 - Mar 7 with 12212 viewsRancid

All the kids are not.

I know a little bit about the academies and developments and that post, Sir, is right on the money.My nephew plays for the Swans academy and was offered contracts with both clubs.Obviously he chose the Swans because my brother is a massive Swans fan plus it's a lot closer for him.

I will say though, it isn't all sweetness and light down there and there's a lot of disgruntled parents/grandparents who have had enough of the way the kids are being trained and playing.Our facilities are fantastic but when you're being coached by someone who couldn't get into West End firsts and there's no progression then eyebrows are being raised.I speak to a few of the parents down there and they say that they feel trapped because of the contracts their kids are under.They would happily take them out and play local Junior league football again if they could but they can't.
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 13:33 - Mar 7 with 12209 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 13:32 - Mar 7 by Rancid

I know a little bit about the academies and developments and that post, Sir, is right on the money.My nephew plays for the Swans academy and was offered contracts with both clubs.Obviously he chose the Swans because my brother is a massive Swans fan plus it's a lot closer for him.

I will say though, it isn't all sweetness and light down there and there's a lot of disgruntled parents/grandparents who have had enough of the way the kids are being trained and playing.Our facilities are fantastic but when you're being coached by someone who couldn't get into West End firsts and there's no progression then eyebrows are being raised.I speak to a few of the parents down there and they say that they feel trapped because of the contracts their kids are under.They would happily take them out and play local Junior league football again if they could but they can't.

At what age do they put kids under contract there?

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 13:39 - Mar 7 with 12201 viewsRancid

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 13:33 - Mar 7 by PatchesOHoulihan

At what age do they put kids under contract there?

My bros kid signed at u 10's i think.Not sure if they do them at a younger age.Probably though.
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 13:44 - Mar 7 with 12190 viewspremierjack

Under 9's will be their 1st contract. Anything under that is called a pre academy and they can still play for their local club.
why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 12:29 - Mar 8 with 12051 viewsMillJack

why are all the kids from swansea joining up with cardif academies? on 13:32 - Mar 7 by Rancid

Agree with a lot of what you say but what has a coach "not being able to get into West End 1st's" got to do with their coaching.

Personally I don't believe that the academy should begin until U12s as children younger than comprehensive age simply don't have the maturity to handle the pressures that come with playing for a pro club, and certainly can't handle being released before this age.

I have no issue with pro clubs keeping an eye on players younger than this, or even having elite training groups for the best players to get together once a week or whatever. But to dictate to a child of 8/9 that they have to train 3 times a week, play all over the country on a Sunday morning, that they have to avoid other sports and can't play for their school/club with their friends is scandalous imo. If you consider the pressure that is put on these kids by parents, etc then there are definite child welfare issues that have to be considered.

8 year olds dont start training to be a Doctor/Teacher/Lawyer in primary school, they learn a broad range of skills. The same should apply to sport, multi-sports is the key at a young age with specialisation in their teens.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024