Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frankie Knuckles dead 10:26 - Apr 1 with 21822 viewsAunt_Nelly

RIP

[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 10:30]
Frankie Knuckles dead on 15:31 - Apr 1 with 2728 viewskensalriser

Ravers reunited!

Actually pretty upset about this and gutted I missed his last gig.

Genuinely nice guy too. House music changed my life...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Frankie Knuckles dead on 15:53 - Apr 1 with 2707 viewsDieByYourSide

Before my time but didn't know we had such a big electronic music crowd on LfW

Poll: And it's hi ho

Frankie Knuckles dead on 15:57 - Apr 1 with 2699 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Frankie Knuckles dead on 15:53 - Apr 1 by DieByYourSide

Before my time but didn't know we had such a big electronic music crowd on LfW

We are here but outnumbered by all the thrash metal merchants!!!
Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:06 - Apr 1 with 2692 viewsLblock

Totally totally shocked

Only just seen this now by logging on here.
Frankie K asked "Can you feel it?" and I certainly did / could / can / and will continue to do so.
From Tears to the Whistle Song and on and on and on.

Sleep well Frankie Knuckles.. you've earnt that rest fella.

This does explain why Point Blank FM rolling out some proper old dancefloor chuggers this afternoon

RIP

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:09 - Apr 1 with 2687 viewsDiscodroid

Frankie Knuckles dead on 15:57 - Apr 1 by CroydonCaptJack

We are here but outnumbered by all the thrash metal merchants!!!

hehehehe....a ravers reunion at wembley...why not????.

i'll get the dungarees out and tie dye my bandanna blue and white.

be a good day out chaps!!

football brings people together.music unites them.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:09 - Apr 1 with 2687 viewspaulparker

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:06 - Apr 1 by Lblock

Totally totally shocked

Only just seen this now by logging on here.
Frankie K asked "Can you feel it?" and I certainly did / could / can / and will continue to do so.
From Tears to the Whistle Song and on and on and on.

Sleep well Frankie Knuckles.. you've earnt that rest fella.

This does explain why Point Blank FM rolling out some proper old dancefloor chuggers this afternoon

RIP

Ahhh the one thing I miss living in London
Pirate radio !!!
Girls FM, Green Apple, Don FM, Touchdown, Weekend Rush, to name a few

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:13 - Apr 1 with 2683 viewsOutWestR

No house music thread is complete without this one ...

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:14 - Apr 1 with 2681 viewsFredManRave

Sad news indeed.

Never had a big vinyl collection but did have loads of mix tapes of which several were of Frankie Knuckles. Absolutely gutted I threw them all away.

Never get rid of your old music collection kids no matter what format they were on.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:15 - Apr 1 with 2679 viewsOutWestR

And another classic from the man himself ...

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:16 - Apr 1 with 2679 viewsLblock

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:09 - Apr 1 by paulparker

Pirate radio !!!

Times have changed my friend....... most now live stream

http://www.pointblank.fm/listen_live.php

However, the mystique and magic of turning a dial slowly through the FM dial to try and pick up Centreforce FM and all those you mention is sorely missed!
Green Apple used to broadcast out of the Staines area for a while near a mini cab office and there would always be P.O.B's coming through just at the wrong time.

It was raw, it was fresh, it was a bit naughty and it was energy....and at the heart of it all was Frankie Knuckles, the 303 and haunting bass loops.
Gutted, Gutted, Gutted

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:16 - Apr 1 with 2677 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:09 - Apr 1 by paulparker

Pirate radio !!!

LWR (London Wide Radio) was the first show I ever heard playing House.
Jazzy M had a show on a Tuesday night and there was another on a Thursday (Colin Faver I think) That was about it - a two hour fix till the next week.
Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:20 - Apr 1 with 2673 viewsDiscodroid

as morgan twin would say "lets all have a cuddle!"

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:25 - Apr 1 with 2670 viewspaulparker

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:16 - Apr 1 by Lblock

However, the mystique and magic of turning a dial slowly through the FM dial to try and pick up Centreforce FM and all those you mention is sorely missed!
Green Apple used to broadcast out of the Staines area for a while near a mini cab office and there would always be P.O.B's coming through just at the wrong time.

It was raw, it was fresh, it was a bit naughty and it was energy....and at the heart of it all was Frankie Knuckles, the 303 and haunting bass loops.
Gutted, Gutted, Gutted

Cheers for the link LBLOCK
a mobile phone is me being up to date in this day and age
your right about Green apple being in staines, I also recall it being based out of Hayes & West Drayton at various stages
anyway another one of Frankie boys favourites

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:26 - Apr 1 with 2668 viewsDieByYourSide

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:16 - Apr 1 by Lblock

Gutted, Gutted, Gutted

If we're talking about radio look no further than NTS

www.ntslive.co.uk

Poll: And it's hi ho

Frankie Knuckles dead on 19:06 - Apr 1 with 2632 viewsPunteR

Nice seeing a few house heads on here. Frankie Knuckles knew how to make a tune. Your Love and Tears are up there with my favorites
RIP.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Frankie Knuckles dead on 21:09 - Apr 1 with 2335 viewsLblock

Frankie Knuckles dead on 16:26 - Apr 1 by DieByYourSide

If we're talking about radio look no further than NTS

www.ntslive.co.uk

Tried that NTS on tablet says iPhone or windows phone only, I'll have a bang on the iPhone tomorrow
Assuming it's the deal I thank you as you can never have enough stations playing quality house music, soul etc

PointBlank FM has been the Don for years for me, Passion close behind
Check out Dale Stewart, Tracy G and most of the line up Sunday morning on PointBlank

House Music House Nation Happy People

Frankie Knuckles dead on 21:28 - Apr 1 with 2323 viewswestberksr

gutted, was pissing the wife off on the way to the match on Saturday playing my dance mix on the ipod enjoying the prematch sunshine; pretty much all the tunes mentioned on here were on there, made her listen to the first couple of minutes of Your Love very loud to appreciate the build up and scale of the production (she sort of got it!)

Frankie was a genius.

heard the news when i got in the car after 5 aside and radio one were playing Your Love and wondered wtf was going on; sad, sad day.

reminds me of the members parties at the Ministry on bank holiday sundays, no booze but surprisingly messy!

RIP

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/top-2-online-mixes-of-2-aa3-s-first-half-

access to some good mixes including a set by Frankie
[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 21:46]
Frankie Knuckles dead on 21:56 - Apr 1 with 2306 viewsLblock

Frankie Knuckles dead on 21:28 - Apr 1 by westberksr

gutted, was pissing the wife off on the way to the match on Saturday playing my dance mix on the ipod enjoying the prematch sunshine; pretty much all the tunes mentioned on here were on there, made her listen to the first couple of minutes of Your Love very loud to appreciate the build up and scale of the production (she sort of got it!)

Frankie was a genius.

heard the news when i got in the car after 5 aside and radio one were playing Your Love and wondered wtf was going on; sad, sad day.

reminds me of the members parties at the Ministry on bank holiday sundays, no booze but surprisingly messy!

RIP

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/top-2-online-mixes-of-2-aa3-s-first-half-

access to some good mixes including a set by Frankie
[Post edited 1 Apr 2014 21:46]

Look I know it's all talk and emotion at the moment but Disco's shout has got me thinking

A House-Heads evening off the back of the play offs somewhere in the Bush would be a bit of a giggle
I'm more than happy to blow the cobwebs off my SL1200's and Numark mixer for a strictly vinyl affair (the CD's and apple mac jockey days well after my time)

How's about any shouts on a potential venue?

Frankie Knuckles dead on 21:58 - Apr 1 with 2305 viewsTripper

Frankie Knuckles dead on 21:09 - Apr 1 by Lblock

Tried that NTS on tablet says iPhone or windows phone only, I'll have a bang on the iPhone tomorrow
Assuming it's the deal I thank you as you can never have enough stations playing quality house music, soul etc

PointBlank FM has been the Don for years for me, Passion close behind
Check out Dale Stewart, Tracy G and most of the line up Sunday morning on PointBlank

House Music House Nation Happy People

Download the tunein radio app and you can stream all the UK pirate stations you mention plus some great stations from around the world. Some great shows on Frisky Radio, Proton etc. The list of great shows is almost endless.
Frankie Knuckles dead on 22:10 - Apr 1 with 2299 viewsconnell10

Frankie Knuckles dead on 12:45 - Apr 1 by Snipper

Tbh, I've never heard of him.

dont worry mate nor have i. probadly because i hate dance music!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Frankie Knuckles dead on 22:38 - Apr 1 with 2289 viewsW12SG2

Heard him at Indulge in Camberwell & Brixton 3 or 4 times. He did it at a cut price rate as a favour to the organisers. Amazing nights - you could tell he loved it, buzzing of a knowledgable, hedonist crowd. RIP.
Frankie Knuckles dead on 23:26 - Apr 1 with 2263 viewsLblock

Frankie Knuckles dead on 22:10 - Apr 1 by connell10

dont worry mate nor have i. probadly because i hate dance music!

Click on the links above and let some sun shine into your life

Sometimes I hate being 40 plus but then I look back at what we had back then and I feel like a Reddy-Brek Kid
Not condescending or giving the old when I were a lad big balls but Christ them days were good. They'd NEVER have happened if not for house music and Knucks was a massive part of that

R.I.P LEGEND

Frankie Knuckles dead on 23:44 - Apr 1 with 2257 viewsPunteR

Frankie Knuckles dead on 23:26 - Apr 1 by Lblock

Click on the links above and let some sun shine into your life

Sometimes I hate being 40 plus but then I look back at what we had back then and I feel like a Reddy-Brek Kid
Not condescending or giving the old when I were a lad big balls but Christ them days were good. They'd NEVER have happened if not for house music and Knucks was a massive part of that

R.I.P LEGEND

House is a feeling.

Its funny how footie hoolies got loved up back then.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Frankie Knuckles dead on 00:42 - Apr 2 with 2241 viewsBristolhoopsrr

Without Frankie Knuckles playing at the Warehouse in Chicago in mid '80s and his mixes that followed,house music wouldn't have such a positive impact for so many over here that it did.
RIP Legend

A celebratory Play off final after party sounds great though tricky for me as I'd prob have my 7 yr old boy with me..

I hope linking this works.
This Knuckles mix of "Ain't Nobody" Hallucinogenic version by Rufus & Chaka Khan is one of my fave mixes of his

Frankie Knuckles dead (n/t) on 01:05 - Apr 2 with 2233 viewsFearless

[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 1:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024