Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee on Saturday 17:01 - Apr 9 with 4099 viewsStatzdale

What is your knowledge of Saturday's referee Trevor Kettle. Is he a good ref and likes to keep the game flowing. Or does he like to be the centre of attention like the ref we had at Bury and also a certain Mr D'urso
[Post edited 9 Apr 2014 17:05]
Referee on Saturday on 17:11 - Apr 9 with 4078 viewsD_Dale

At least in his early years as a ref, politer fans called him 'the Whistling Kettle' in view of his officiousness. Less polite ones described him in stronger terms - which might be translated as as clueless, liable to fuss about small things and miss larger ones and of that breed of refs who were under the delusion that fans paid to see them in action and not the players. Perhaps - unlike Mr d'Urso - he's improved with age ....
Referee on Saturday on 17:24 - Apr 9 with 4047 viewsGambo

Truly awful , hope he's changed for all your sakes.
Referee on Saturday on 17:27 - Apr 9 with 4040 viewsRotherhamDale

From memory, he's crap.

Possession with progression.

Referee on Saturday on 17:35 - Apr 9 with 4017 viewsSandyman

Has a very bad reputation for being poor - hope he doesn't live up to it.
Referee on Saturday on 17:46 - Apr 9 with 3988 viewsScunnydale

Can't remember the match as it was years ago, but I've also got very bad memories of him.

I hope it was a bad day, or that he's changed.
Referee on Saturday on 18:00 - Apr 9 with 3962 viewsBarryStrange

Expect either yourselves or Mansfield to be victims of some form of injustice on Saturday. He's whistle happy, can't control a game and loves to remind everyone he's there.

Not a fan.
Referee on Saturday on 18:10 - Apr 9 with 3942 viewssince58

Without doubt one of worst refs in the football league.
Referee on Saturday on 18:38 - Apr 9 with 3892 viewshull_dale19

I seem to remember him reffing the home game against Preston in the relegation season and confusing everyone by disallowing what looked like a perfectly good Ashley Grimes goal.
Login to get fewer ads

Referee on Saturday on 15:03 - Apr 10 with 3629 viewsdingdangblue

Referee on Saturday on 17:11 - Apr 9 by D_Dale

At least in his early years as a ref, politer fans called him 'the Whistling Kettle' in view of his officiousness. Less polite ones described him in stronger terms - which might be translated as as clueless, liable to fuss about small things and miss larger ones and of that breed of refs who were under the delusion that fans paid to see them in action and not the players. Perhaps - unlike Mr d'Urso - he's improved with age ....

Hope so.
http://www.11v11.com/matches/torquay-united-v-rochdale-25-august-2003-16338/

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Referee on Saturday on 15:58 - Apr 10 with 3595 viewsTVOS1907

Referee on Saturday on 15:03 - Apr 10 by dingdangblue

Hope so.
http://www.11v11.com/matches/torquay-united-v-rochdale-25-august-2003-16338/

Sending off Simpkins was one of his finer moments.

Anyway, a 3-1 away win against hosts playing in yellow and blue will do very nicely, although any goalscorers would be advised not to copy Robert Betts.

[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 15:58]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Referee on Saturday on 17:26 - Apr 10 with 3528 viewsCockneyDale

Is that a young Col between Connor and Betts?!
Referee on Saturday on 17:40 - Apr 10 with 3508 viewszxcvbnm

Sure looks like it

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Referee on Saturday on 17:50 - Apr 10 with 3489 viewsColDale

'fraid so. Was a bit giddy that day due to over doing the refreshments. Think that was the day I walked into a dwarf.
Referee on Saturday on 19:21 - Apr 10 with 3397 viewsTVOS1907

Referee on Saturday on 17:26 - Apr 10 by CockneyDale

Is that a young Col between Connor and Betts?!

So it is...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Referee on Saturday on 19:57 - Apr 10 with 3362 viewsnordenblue

Referee on Saturday on 17:50 - Apr 10 by ColDale

'fraid so. Was a bit giddy that day due to over doing the refreshments. Think that was the day I walked into a dwarf.

To be honest you look like a Dusseldorf in that picture,are you on your knees?
Referee on Saturday on 19:32 - Apr 12 with 3120 viewsmacro

What can be said...
Referee on Saturday on 19:38 - Apr 12 with 3107 viewsD_Alien

Referee on Saturday on 19:32 - Apr 12 by macro

What can be said...

He's consistent?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Referee on Saturday on 19:49 - Apr 12 with 3080 viewsDaley_Lama

Referee on Saturday on 19:38 - Apr 12 by D_Alien

He's consistent?

The run of play were we had two players full on pushed in the back as they went up for headers in midfield towards the end of the first half summed up Kettle's performance today. No foul.

Awesome performance by Trevor today.

Poll: DF in or out

Referee on Saturday on 21:11 - Apr 12 with 2986 viewsColDale

I didn't understand the lack of equality with the yellow cards today. With the exception of Lancashire's, couldn't argue too much with them, but there was the occasion Henderson was taken out in front of their dugout, the guy who went straight the back of one of our players in the first few mins (don't think he got carded), and the guy who had the issue with George late on.
Referee on Saturday on 02:27 - Apr 13 with 2864 viewsdalestats

Have to agree with you there I thought the dale yellows on the whole were deserved but there were some cynical fouls which went unpunished by kettle.

It might have been my imagination but he seemed behind the play a lot as well. The potential foul on hogan on the edge of the box was witnessed from the dale half

Poll: Remain in the eu

Referee on Saturday on 14:00 - Apr 13 with 2771 viewsD_Alien

Referee on Saturday on 02:27 - Apr 13 by dalestats

Have to agree with you there I thought the dale yellows on the whole were deserved but there were some cynical fouls which went unpunished by kettle.

It might have been my imagination but he seemed behind the play a lot as well. The potential foul on hogan on the edge of the box was witnessed from the dale half

Bookings aside, Kettle's finest moment came when the ball went for a Dale corner in front of us second half. Kettle was so far away he looked to his liner who was clearly indicating a corner. (Why look to your liner if you're sure yourself?) Kettle then over-ruled him and gave the goalkick. The liner, with due cowardice, then raised his flag away from the corner quadrant to indicate a goalkick too.

I love to hear him explain that piece of utter bollox.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 14:18]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024