Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abysmal second half performance 21:35 - Aug 12 with 6857 viewsolympicdale

Striker needed desperately.
Second goal killed the game.
The kids are not the answer up front.
No penetration second half.
George needs shipping out.

Life is a game of fate.

Abysmal second half performance on 22:46 - Aug 12 with 2291 views442Dale

Abysmal second half performance on 22:44 - Aug 12 by olympicdale

Or rather Vincenti who slipped in possession with Rose having pushed up, left him horribly exposed.

No matter how exposed, there should be no way a full back let's a wide player not only beat him, but make his way in towards goal. It was incredibly poor.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Abysmal second half performance on 22:49 - Aug 12 with 2273 viewsLathamDale

Abysmal second half performance on 22:35 - Aug 12 by olympicdale

I don't think the central defence is the problem, Lancashire and Tanser look to be doing well, our lack of awareness at either side is an issue.

I agree but it just adds a bit more depth and experience plus it means if tanser has to go LB they'll be a another CB other than eastham and what seems to be a dodgy mcGinty
Abysmal second half performance on 22:50 - Aug 12 with 2255 viewsSwissdale

Abysmal second half performance on 22:44 - Aug 12 by olympicdale

Or rather Vincenti who slipped in possession with Rose having pushed up, left him horribly exposed.

Very generous on Rose there. He was goalside of the PNE player, so not "horribly exposed". Made a poor attempt to outmuscle their player when he should have just headed clear.
Abysmal second half performance on 22:55 - Aug 12 with 2218 viewsD_Alien

I genuinely feel sorry for Rose.

Couldn't make it tonight but it doesn't in the least surprise me to see a player who's highly thought of in terms of character but who was only just good enough in L2, struggling at a higher level.

If KH really has any respect for him, he should take him out of the firing line. L1 forwards are going to butcher him.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Abysmal second half performance on 23:01 - Aug 12 with 2156 viewsolympicdale

Abysmal second half performance on 22:55 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

I genuinely feel sorry for Rose.

Couldn't make it tonight but it doesn't in the least surprise me to see a player who's highly thought of in terms of character but who was only just good enough in L2, struggling at a higher level.

If KH really has any respect for him, he should take him out of the firing line. L1 forwards are going to butcher him.

I'd rather have Done in at full back, and push Rose out wide, I still think he has an important role to play this season.

Life is a game of fate.

Abysmal second half performance on 23:08 - Aug 12 with 2118 viewsD_Alien

Abysmal second half performance on 23:01 - Aug 12 by olympicdale

I'd rather have Done in at full back, and push Rose out wide, I still think he has an important role to play this season.

If Rose gets pushed further out wide than fullback he'll be over the touchline. Not a bad idea actually. Should be utilised from the bench at best now. I'm trying to be kind.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Abysmal second half performance on 23:12 - Aug 12 with 2081 viewsolympicdale

Abysmal second half performance on 23:08 - Aug 12 by D_Alien

If Rose gets pushed further out wide than fullback he'll be over the touchline. Not a bad idea actually. Should be utilised from the bench at best now. I'm trying to be kind.

I just hope Hills dedication to players like Rose and Donnelly do not cost too many points, both have been over taken from the starting 11.

Life is a game of fate.

Abysmal second half performance on 23:20 - Aug 12 with 2049 viewsolympicdale

What is most frustrating about the last two games, is we've played, probably two of the promotion favourites, and for a good chunk of both games looked just as good, had we had any kind of presence up front, could have beaten both.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Abysmal second half performance on 23:25 - Aug 12 with 2029 viewsBraemar60

To answer the point on Done (if it hasn't been answered already) he was sitting in the Main Stand on the same row as me. Don't know if he's injured or not.

In two games we've played two very good first halves and two equally poor second halves. Yes, an out and out goalscorer is needed and no, neither Calvin Andrew nor George Donnelly are that man. However, in the second half tonight, it wouldn't have mattered if we'd had a Jimmy Greaves or Ian Rush type in their heyday. If you don't give the strikers any service you're not going to score any goals. And in that second half we created nothing at all.

A shame to hear some booing in the Main Stand when George went on, small scale but certainly audible to me. But if you're paying at the turnstile, you're entitled to your opinion. Many (myself included) will still get behind him when he plays. I want to see him graft and run himself into the ground as he can do, I like to see players like that. I'd like to see his endeavour rewarded with goals also though that's probably less likely! He certainly seems to attract more column inches on this forum than any other player.

Playing Andrew or Donnelly with a goalscorer would be fine, but without one, we'll only get what we got tonight. Added to that, no-one else looks like chipping in with any goals at the moment either.
Abysmal second half performance on 23:34 - Aug 12 with 1980 viewsoff2div1

Abysmal second half performance on 23:01 - Aug 12 by olympicdale

Push rose out far wide sitting in the stand.
Abysmal second half performance on 23:58 - Aug 12 with 1920 viewsDaley_Lama

I wasn't there but I'm quite happy tonight.

We didn't beat a team in the top 7 last season, sold our star striker and returned our evidently best loanee CH.

We more than held our own v Posh and were in the paraphrased words of twitter far better than Preston until they scabbed a goal.

As with last season, when we play the teams at the top we wilk struggle, the rest shall fall to our brazilian/ barca/spain/hang on/german style of play.

We always start off pooh under Hill anyway, i'd be worried otherwise.

Poll: DF in or out

Abysmal second half performance on 00:23 - Aug 13 with 1873 viewslove_the_dale

Abysmal second half performance on 22:50 - Aug 12 by Swissdale

Very generous on Rose there. He was goalside of the PNE player, so not "horribly exposed". Made a poor attempt to outmuscle their player when he should have just headed clear.

I'm afraid I have to agree. I like his attitude to the team, but he did the same thing twice on Saturday as well. Holding back on a high ball.
Abysmal second half performance on 14:14 - Aug 13 with 1523 viewsaleanddale

It wasnt great second half but abysmal is a long way off.

We looked far superior first half for 40+ minutes - we ran Preston ragged they couldnt live with our pace and movement but then we ran out of ideas in the final third of the pitch.

Sucker punch from Preston on 44 mins a travesty really. ( poor Rose defending )

Soft goal just after half time from an uncleared corner then monsoon conditions for 25 minutes really didnt help.

Its obvious we need a poacher - 18- 25 goals a year off his arse and shin - Get the right man in now and we will be more than fine....

Last night we were 99.9% pretty to watch and 0.01% effective in front of goal.

Over to you Hilly!!!

Onwards to Chesterfield!!!!
Abysmal second half performance on 15:57 - Aug 13 with 1442 views442Dale

Abysmal second half performance on 23:25 - Aug 12 by Braemar60

To answer the point on Done (if it hasn't been answered already) he was sitting in the Main Stand on the same row as me. Don't know if he's injured or not.

In two games we've played two very good first halves and two equally poor second halves. Yes, an out and out goalscorer is needed and no, neither Calvin Andrew nor George Donnelly are that man. However, in the second half tonight, it wouldn't have mattered if we'd had a Jimmy Greaves or Ian Rush type in their heyday. If you don't give the strikers any service you're not going to score any goals. And in that second half we created nothing at all.

A shame to hear some booing in the Main Stand when George went on, small scale but certainly audible to me. But if you're paying at the turnstile, you're entitled to your opinion. Many (myself included) will still get behind him when he plays. I want to see him graft and run himself into the ground as he can do, I like to see players like that. I'd like to see his endeavour rewarded with goals also though that's probably less likely! He certainly seems to attract more column inches on this forum than any other player.

Playing Andrew or Donnelly with a goalscorer would be fine, but without one, we'll only get what we got tonight. Added to that, no-one else looks like chipping in with any goals at the moment either.

Where in the main stand was that? Where we were he got his usual good reception when his name was announced. In fact it's so noticeably different that it's noticeable!

Also Hill made a point of saying how well the fans backed the players, doubt that would have occurred if Donnelly was booed on. Not saying it didn't happen, but didn't hear anything in the area behind the dugouts.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Abysmal second half performance on 19:57 - Aug 13 with 1294 viewsnordenblue

Abysmal second half performance on 15:57 - Aug 13 by 442Dale

Where in the main stand was that? Where we were he got his usual good reception when his name was announced. In fact it's so noticeably different that it's noticeable!

Also Hill made a point of saying how well the fans backed the players, doubt that would have occurred if Donnelly was booed on. Not saying it didn't happen, but didn't hear anything in the area behind the dugouts.

I sat towards the sandy in the main stand and never heard a thing apart from applause when George came on
Abysmal second half performance on 11:19 - Aug 14 with 1088 viewsParkinsGimp

Yes we were beaten by a better side , I must admit Tanser did really well, especially against Kevin Davies, who is still class( wish we had him) . So I concede that Tanser has improved match on match, but I want to see him at left back. Get rid of Rose he is an absolute liability, he loses the ball all the time, his passing is woeful and his crossing of late has been wasteful.
We could do with an experienced centre back to marshal the defence and definitely need two goal scorers because I am sorry to say but Andrew is just a stump who has a poor record of scoring for a reason! he just isnt good enough, certainly not League One. And Donnelly should never of been allowed to reach the limit to get an automatic contract extension.
Lets hope we draft some quality in quickly.
Abysmal second half performance on 22:27 - Aug 14 with 985 viewsBraemar60

Abysmal second half performance on 15:57 - Aug 13 by 442Dale

I sit in the section behind the home dugout and in front of the Directors Box. I was sure I heard it somewhere to my left. Didn't sound like a many people but thought that's what I'd heard as my immediate feeling was one of disappointment to such a reaction to a substitution.
I could have mistaken it and could be wrong, happy to hold my hand up and be corrected if I am but was sure that's what I heard.
Abysmal second half performance on 22:44 - Aug 14 with 955 viewstazzydjr

Abysmal second half performance on 22:27 - Aug 14 by Braemar60

I sit in the section behind the home dugout and in front of the Directors Box. I was sure I heard it somewhere to my left. Didn't sound like a many people but thought that's what I'd heard as my immediate feeling was one of disappointment to such a reaction to a substitution.
I could have mistaken it and could be wrong, happy to hold my hand up and be corrected if I am but was sure that's what I heard.

I were near top of the pearl their were no booing but an very negative atmosphere appeared when it were announced, The Don were coming on got nothing against him just realistically we need in either proven Premier League U21 Goalscorer or Proven Championship Goalscorer who not getting an sniff at their first team football like the Jordan Rhodes scenario at Ipswich hope The King has someone in mind while Wonderboy Muldoon is out

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Abysmal second half performance on 10:44 - Aug 15 with 850 viewsaleanddale

Abysmal second half performance on 22:44 - Aug 14 by tazzydjr

I were near top of the pearl their were no booing but an very negative atmosphere appeared when it were announced, The Don were coming on got nothing against him just realistically we need in either proven Premier League U21 Goalscorer or Proven Championship Goalscorer who not getting an sniff at their first team football like the Jordan Rhodes scenario at Ipswich hope The King has someone in mind while Wonderboy Muldoon is out

loving the positivity Tazzy lad!!

when is wonderboy Muldoon making his Dale debut then??
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024