Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release 16:49 - Aug 13 with 5888 viewsdale1968

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 16:52 - Aug 13 with 3908 viewsSuddenLad

60,000 people have signed a petition saying they don't want him to return to Bramall Lane. That's something that Sheffield United need to take seriously.

By whoever and wherever he is employed, it will be a brave Chairman who pays his wage.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 17:01 - Aug 13 with 3868 viewsScunnydale

I expect to see him at Meadow Lane soon enough.
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:05 - Aug 13 with 3710 viewssweetcorn

He's served his time and has a right to earn a living. Absolutley id have him here if he'd accept our wage terms, he's in the top 5 strikers in the division and we need a striker.í ½ strikerd

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:12 - Aug 13 with 3688 viewsSuddenLad

There would also be the cost of the extra Police needed to Police the match, because there is a group being organised who have vowed to attend every match that Evans plays to disrupt and demonstrate against him.

I agree that he has an absolute right to seek employment in his chosen trade and that he has served his time, but the demonstrators will also say they have a right to protest.

A very difficult situation and a real headache for anyone thinking of signing him.

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:15 - Aug 13 with 3671 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Noticed"the goal machine"Madine back on the scoresheet last night.
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:17 - Aug 13 with 3669 views_dezzy

Would any of you who say yes like your kids to have his name on their shirts??

KHBA

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:33 - Aug 13 with 3606 viewselectricblue

Rotherham bound you watch.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:36 - Aug 13 with 3601 viewsSuddenLad

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:33 - Aug 13 by electricblue

That will mean any supporters with his name on their shirts can claim to be doing it in honour of the manager.

Very clever ...........

Login to get fewer ads

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 19:08 - Aug 13 with 3509 viewsnordenblue

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:33 - Aug 13 by electricblue

Apparently Sheff Utd have it all sealed just waiting till his release to announce properly,
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 20:05 - Aug 13 with 3378 viewstazzydjr

Kinda surprised by the 6 Yes's it'd be like signing an contract with the Devil speaking metaphorically it really wouldn't be worth our club getting Notts County & Biffo type press attention

Where did that convicted goalkeeper sign. I'm sure it were one of the clubs in Football League

I'd feel let down by the club if we signed Ched Evans apparently FA Wales won't even touch him now according to an source. I'm all for second chances but his conviction no club should be touching him in an ideal world.

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 20:14 - Aug 13 with 3353 viewssweetcorn

Since58 and arthurdaley out of interest what in my post warrants negative feedback? He has served his time, has a right to earn a living and is in the top 5, comfortably..

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 20:36 - Aug 13 with 3294 viewsbig_dave2010

The keeper signed and still plays for Plymouth argyle
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 20:37 - Aug 13 with 3288 viewsusername

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 18:12 - Aug 13 by SuddenLad

There would also be the cost of the extra Police needed to Police the match, because there is a group being organised who have vowed to attend every match that Evans plays to disrupt and demonstrate against him.

I agree that he has an absolute right to seek employment in his chosen trade and that he has served his time, but the demonstrators will also say they have a right to protest.

A very difficult situation and a real headache for anyone thinking of signing him.

That will increase our attendances then!
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 20:39 - Aug 13 with 3269 views_dezzy

The team from devon you saved

KHBA

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 20:42 - Aug 13 with 3263 viewsColDale

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 20:14 - Aug 13 by sweetcorn

Since58 and arthurdaley out of interest what in my post warrants negative feedback? He has served his time, has a right to earn a living and is in the top 5, comfortably..

I agree he's served his time and has every right to continue playing football. He'll get the pantomime abuse wherever he goes like Lee Hughes did, and it will be taken advantage of in certain quarters to abuse a player from a moral high ground.

But I'd rather he didn't do it here. If we needed to sign him to stay up, I'd take League Two.
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 20:52 - Aug 13 with 3233 viewspioneer

Question is not about whether he has a right to earn a living, we all do, including convicted pedophiles and murderers.

The question is would we like to have ex cons like him at our club - definitely not.

Wonder if we could compare the results of the poll across genders. How many females would like to have him at the Dale - I am male.
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 21:04 - Aug 13 with 3197 viewsBobbyjoe

On balance, No.
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 21:14 - Aug 13 with 3173 viewsroccydaleian

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 19:08 - Aug 13 by nordenblue

Apparently Sheff Utd have it all sealed just waiting till his release to announce properly,

Looks like you could be right nb http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-08-13/evans-set-for-sheffield-uni
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 21:23 - Aug 13 with 3137 viewssince58

do you have a daughter sweetcorn ? yes he has seved his time that girl has to live with that all her life , thats a life sentence .if it was my daughter i,d kil l him . play for rochdale i dont think so .
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 21:33 - Aug 13 with 3107 viewsSwissdale

Would like to know what all the people who have labeled him 'evil' know about the case. It was by no means open and shut, and other people accused were acquitted.

I don't know anything, but I do know he's protested his innocence throughout, been on his best behaviour in prison and as such been given an early release.

Not saying this is the case, but what if he's innocent, has accepted his fate, got his head down and just wants to get on with his life?

In the more likely scenario that he is guilty, he has nevertheless served his time in prison, has been assessed as rehabilitated and now deserves a chance at returning to normality.
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 21:54 - Aug 13 with 3054 viewsD_Alien

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 21:33 - Aug 13 by Swissdale

Would like to know what all the people who have labeled him 'evil' know about the case. It was by no means open and shut, and other people accused were acquitted.

I don't know anything, but I do know he's protested his innocence throughout, been on his best behaviour in prison and as such been given an early release.

Not saying this is the case, but what if he's innocent, has accepted his fate, got his head down and just wants to get on with his life?

In the more likely scenario that he is guilty, he has nevertheless served his time in prison, has been assessed as rehabilitated and now deserves a chance at returning to normality.

Good post swissdale.

The case seemed to turn on whether the girl involved was too drunk to give consent. I'd normally be inclined to throw the book at any male who went out with the intention of rape but bloody hell, some girls don't half allow themselves to get into precarious situations - which doesn't in the least justify unwanted sex, and Ched Evans was found guilty.

The OP asks the question - would you like Ched Evans at Dale. Like, no. If he was acquired, I'd have no real objection, except it'd attract too much unwanted publicity. On the grounds of the guy being some kind of monster though? I'd say he's probably not, and you could be pretty damn sure he wouldn't be going out clubbing like most young men unless he had a minder with him to stop him doing what most young men try to do in those circumstances - get their end away with what appears to be a willing female.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 21:58]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 22:30 - Aug 13 with 2948 viewsSuddenLad

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 21:33 - Aug 13 by Swissdale

You're right, but unfortunately mud sticks and Evans is now very much 'tainted goods' whatever we think about the validity of his conviction.

Perhaps the absence of an appeal speaks volumes, perhaps not, but the future will be very difficult for him wherever he plies his trade.

Having done the time he is entitled to resume his life, but others will have different ideas.

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 23:26 - Aug 13 with 2866 viewssweetcorn

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 21:23 - Aug 13 by since58

do you have a daughter sweetcorn ? yes he has seved his time that girl has to live with that all her life , thats a life sentence .if it was my daughter i,d kil l him . play for rochdale i dont think so .

No I don't have a daughter, but as said, he has now served his punishment for whatever crime he has committed. he has a human right to earn and have some sort of 'normality'.

Yes the girl will have to live with what happened for the rest of her life, but she also has to live with (if her version of events are correct, which isn't so clear) the reality that she got herself into such a state that she couldn't say no or defend herself. admittedly that isn't to say she deserved what she got, however she is partly to blame for what occured, no matter how little of it was her fault.

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 23:59 - Aug 13 with 2828 viewsKenBoon

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 22:30 - Aug 13 by SuddenLad

You're right, but unfortunately mud sticks and Evans is now very much 'tainted goods' whatever we think about the validity of his conviction.

Perhaps the absence of an appeal speaks volumes, perhaps not, but the future will be very difficult for him wherever he plies his trade.

Having done the time he is entitled to resume his life, but others will have different ideas.

He is appealing.
Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 06:06 - Aug 14 with 2724 viewsnordenblue

Would You Like Ched Evans At Dale After His Prison Release on 23:59 - Aug 13 by KenBoon

He is appealing.

Whatever floats your boat KB?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024