Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reg Jenkins 10:20 - Jan 30 with 4427 viewsHarry_Dale

It's two years ago, today, that the club lost arguably the biggest hero in our clubs history.

I said it at the time of his death - the club surely must do something to honour his memory? I'd love to see a stand named after him, but appreciate the loss of sponsorship revenue etx. Surely though, something?

Anyway, Rest In Peace Reg.
Reg Jenkins on 12:59 - Jan 30 with 4340 viewspioneer

Hopefully this would be easier if the club owned the stadium . . . so if things move forward on that front there could be one less excuse for not doing this.

Is this something the trust could take up with the club?
Reg Jenkins on 19:24 - Jan 30 with 4237 viewswroughtironron

it would have been nice to honour Reg before he died - "Studz Bar" would have been ideal to get a name change - sadly it didn't happen
Reg Jenkins on 19:45 - Jan 30 with 4202 viewsSuddenLad

Reg Jenkins on 19:24 - Jan 30 by wroughtironron

it would have been nice to honour Reg before he died - "Studz Bar" would have been ideal to get a name change - sadly it didn't happen

He's had a ground named after him in his native Cornwall.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Millbrook-rename-home-celebrate-modest-life-Big/

Quite right, too. !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Reg Jenkins on 20:07 - Jan 30 with 4182 viewsVespa

Reg Jenkins on 19:24 - Jan 30 by wroughtironron

Maybe it'll happen when the Studds is referb'ed after the the club get the RFL's shares.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Reg Jenkins on 12:12 - Feb 3 with 3973 viewsDartmoorDale

Yep, a shocking abrogation of responsibility by the Board... whatever the spurious reasons may be, they should have been overcome... and still MUST. I count myself blessed to have spoken to the man at length just hours before that final fateful trip to Tenerife. RIP REG.
Reg Jenkins on 18:30 - Feb 3 with 3884 viewsAlexF

treasured memories of Big Reg here...
Reg Jenkins on 18:36 - Feb 3 with 3870 views442Dale

Reg Jenkins on 12:59 - Jan 30 by pioneer

Hopefully this would be easier if the club owned the stadium . . . so if things move forward on that front there could be one less excuse for not doing this.

Is this something the trust could take up with the club?

See next posts.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 18:42]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Reg Jenkins on 18:36 - Feb 3 with 3868 viewsSuddenLad

Reg Jenkins on 12:12 - Feb 3 by DartmoorDale

Yep, a shocking abrogation of responsibility by the Board... whatever the spurious reasons may be, they should have been overcome... and still MUST. I count myself blessed to have spoken to the man at length just hours before that final fateful trip to Tenerife. RIP REG.

Reg's widow (Norma) has been made a life vice-president of our club. That honour was given to her in recognition of Reg's association with the club and years of service for Dale.

More personal than naming a bar after him.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Reg Jenkins on 18:40 - Feb 3 with 3854 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Reg Jenkins on 18:36 - Feb 3 by SuddenLad

Reg's widow (Norma) has been made a life vice-president of our club. That honour was given to her in recognition of Reg's association with the club and years of service for Dale.

It's not really a bar Sudz.....it's a San Spotty venue.
Reg Jenkins on 19:33 - Feb 3 with 3785 viewspioneer

And when his widow passes on (and lets hope that is a long time off) there will be nothing to remember him and his service. More personal, less permanent.

We need something permanent that the fans can relate to - the life vice president is a personal accolade to the family not for the fans.
Reg Jenkins on 20:16 - Feb 3 with 3739 viewsD_Alien

Reg Jenkins on 19:33 - Feb 3 by pioneer

And when his widow passes on (and lets hope that is a long time off) there will be nothing to remember him and his service. More personal, less permanent.

We need something permanent that the fans can relate to - the life vice president is a personal accolade to the family not for the fans.

A truly fitting permanent memorial would've been to name the Sandy Lane End the Reg Jenkins Stand - the end at which he scored the brace of goals that took us to promotion back in 1969. Not sure if it isn't too late for that now, though. Or - maybe not. Maybe when we gain ownership of the stadium - why not then? It may have been a stumbling block before now.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Reg Jenkins on 03:37 - Feb 4 with 3653 viewspioneer

Incidentally I am unable to find Norma's honarary appointment listed on the website anywhere. She isnt included on the page listing the directors officials and vice presidents.

Anybody know if its included in the programme?
Reg Jenkins on 07:21 - Feb 4 with 3633 viewsTVOS1907

Reg Jenkins on 03:37 - Feb 4 by pioneer

Incidentally I am unable to find Norma's honarary appointment listed on the website anywhere. She isnt included on the page listing the directors officials and vice presidents.

Anybody know if its included in the programme?

It isn't as I've just reproduced the list sent to me by the club. However, I will chase it up with Colin Garlick today.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Reg Jenkins on 09:16 - Feb 4 with 3582 viewsBobbyjoe

A bar?!!! FFS!!!!!!!!!
Reg Jenkins on 10:34 - Feb 4 with 3543 viewstazzydjr

I think Arsenal's is the best a statue at Emirates Stadium of the late Herbert Chapman who were an Rochdale Footballer Pre-1907 (1897—1898 Season)

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024