Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh lillis 18:32 - Feb 14 with 13340 viewsupthedale89

Now is it time for a new keeper or should he be punching them
In his own net ????
When he is in net we will always be weak at the back
Josh lillis on 09:01 - Feb 25 with 2531 views442Dale

Josh lillis on 08:46 - Feb 25 by nordenblue

Not been shouting about anything but some things are blatantly obvious and one things for sure he's nowhere near upto league 1 football week in week out.
I have to question when people blindly support a player whoever it may be purely because hes playing in our coloured shirt for the particular season it gets laughable when the said player is so out of form its costing the team points and confidence

You raise a very good issue about players wearing our coloured shirt. I want to know why our goalkeeper's shirt is also the same colour as his team, albeit in a different shade?

Finally, we're getting round to looking at the real problem here.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Josh lillis on 09:09 - Feb 25 with 2488 viewsdingdangblue

Josh lillis on 08:46 - Feb 25 by nordenblue

Not been shouting about anything but some things are blatantly obvious and one things for sure he's nowhere near upto league 1 football week in week out.
I have to question when people blindly support a player whoever it may be purely because hes playing in our coloured shirt for the particular season it gets laughable when the said player is so out of form its costing the team points and confidence

So basically Lillis has to go throughout every game of every season for you without making a mistake? What happens if an outfield player goes for the ball and it goes under his foot?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Josh lillis on 09:43 - Feb 25 with 2427 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Josh has probably now lost us all the points that Conrad won us.

No vendetta needed against him, but part of us evolving as a club will be to replace a good league two keeper with a potential championship keeper.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Josh lillis on 09:48 - Feb 25 with 2419 viewsnordenblue

Josh lillis on 09:09 - Feb 25 by dingdangblue

So basically Lillis has to go throughout every game of every season for you without making a mistake? What happens if an outfield player goes for the ball and it goes under his foot?

Does the ball being miss controlled by an outfield player result in a goal conceded? Your other point is just ridiculous, i know its a crazy concept but i wouldnt mind a keeper who generally looks capable of stopping the ball going in the net,and maybe have the ability to control a ball that comes directly at him wouldn't be a bad prerequisite to playing in net.
After last nights "performance" your defense of him looks even more ridiculous
Josh lillis on 09:54 - Feb 25 with 2407 viewsnordenblue

Josh lillis on 09:01 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

You raise a very good issue about players wearing our coloured shirt. I want to know why our goalkeeper's shirt is also the same colour as his team, albeit in a different shade?

Finally, we're getting round to looking at the real problem here.

Very good point, call me old fashioned but you can't beat a goalkeeper playing in yellow in my opinion
Josh lillis on 09:55 - Feb 25 with 2404 viewsParkinsGimp

Josh lillis on 09:09 - Feb 25 by dingdangblue

Norden is right , hes not up to League 1 standard , that has been glaringly obvious for ages... we need strength at the back. the back four will gain confidence from a good goalie behind them. Look at when Logan was here!
Josh lillis on 10:01 - Feb 25 with 2398 viewsJimmyRustler

Lillis is a good shot stopper and has kept us in some games by doing so. However, I'd prefer a keeper who can simply do the basics. Lillis doesn't command his area (something very important at this level) and his kicking isn't the best (another important attritibute at lower levels). He's probably an above average shot stopper but I'd trade that off any day of the week for a more well rounded GK.
Josh lillis on 10:05 - Feb 25 with 2389 viewsdingdangblue

Josh lillis on 09:43 - Feb 25 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Josh has probably now lost us all the points that Conrad won us.

No vendetta needed against him, but part of us evolving as a club will be to replace a good league two keeper with a potential championship keeper.

Logan won us more than 2 points.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

Josh lillis on 14:01 - Feb 25 with 2255 viewssweetcorn

Josh lillis on 10:05 - Feb 25 by dingdangblue

Well done on taking him so literally.

I'm pretty sure he means exceptional saves which have managed to save us points. (Although this was the cup) im sure he means peformances like aldershot away where logan alone kept us in that game.

Personally i'd stick with josh until the summer unless someone can come in who is certain to do a better job. We've had some bad keepers in on loan, why risk that?
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 14:02]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Josh lillis on 16:23 - Feb 25 with 2140 viewsJimmyRustler

Josh lillis on 10:05 - Feb 25 by dingdangblue

Logan indirectly won us more points than we can probably comprehend. The confidence that he bred to the defence was palpable. It's no coincidence that the defence has started to look shaky again since Lillis has gone back in goal.
Josh lillis on 16:36 - Feb 25 with 2111 viewsdingdangblue

Josh lillis on 16:23 - Feb 25 by JimmyRustler

Logan indirectly won us more points than we can probably comprehend. The confidence that he bred to the defence was palpable. It's no coincidence that the defence has started to look shaky again since Lillis has gone back in goal.

Apart from Lillis howler last night the defence didn't look shaky? Or against Chesterfield? Go back further and there's no O'Connell / Kennedy so give them a chance. Its a new back 5 and Bennett had been missing to sit in front for extra protection. March is the month to judge them.

Josh lillis on 16:59 - Feb 25 with 2072 viewsJimmyRustler

Josh lillis on 16:36 - Feb 25 by dingdangblue

Apart from Lillis howler last night the defence didn't look shaky? Or against Chesterfield? Go back further and there's no O'Connell / Kennedy so give them a chance. Its a new back 5 and Bennett had been missing to sit in front for extra protection. March is the month to judge them.

We've definitely looked more vulnerable defensively in the past couple of months. JOC and Eastham looked so assured a month or two ago but now they look shit scared everytime they get on the ball. Even Lancashire was starting to come into a bit of form whilst Logan was here and let's face it, his performances this season can be largely filed under the dogshit category. Having Logan gave the rest of the team a lift as well in terms of defending from the front (granted, we've lost Done and he was the main proponent of this). The guy was a presence and a unit. Lillis isn't either.
Josh lillis on 17:01 - Feb 25 with 2060 viewsmacro

I disagree with a lot you post jimmy but on Lillis I do agree. It doesn't take much too realise that we've looked frail defensively and conceded more since Lillis was back in goal
Josh lillis on 17:12 - Feb 25 with 2028 viewsTalkingSutty

Josh lillis on 17:01 - Feb 25 by macro

I disagree with a lot you post jimmy but on Lillis I do agree. It doesn't take much too realise that we've looked frail defensively and conceded more since Lillis was back in goal

Logan was always going to be a hard act to follow though. Maybe his form during his loan spell could have been his best ever because if he performed like that over a sustained period of time it's hard to believe he wouldn't have been snapped up from Leicester.

All goalkeepers have dips in form and also sustained periods of consistency, Lillis has done well since he came to the club and sticking with him is the way forward I reckon. Comparing him to Logan isn't really fair, I expect him to come good.
Josh lillis on 17:22 - Feb 25 with 2001 viewsnordenblue

Josh lillis on 17:01 - Feb 25 by macro

Praise the lord, you're spot on about Josh but some are that blinkered on here they fail to see the obvious
Josh lillis on 17:36 - Feb 25 with 1968 viewsJimmyRustler

Josh lillis on 17:12 - Feb 25 by TalkingSutty

Logan was always going to be a hard act to follow though. Maybe his form during his loan spell could have been his best ever because if he performed like that over a sustained period of time it's hard to believe he wouldn't have been snapped up from Leicester.

All goalkeepers have dips in form and also sustained periods of consistency, Lillis has done well since he came to the club and sticking with him is the way forward I reckon. Comparing him to Logan isn't really fair, I expect him to come good.

I don't think he'll ever come good in the sense we want him to though. He's NEVER been able to command his area or been that dominant presence at the back, it's just not his style. On his day he's an excellent shot stopper and that's pretty much his only strong attribute. His distribution is decent enough of course but nothing to write home about. I just think it's vital at this level that you have someone in net who pretty much fills it and dominates their box.
Josh lillis on 17:42 - Feb 25 with 1943 viewsisitme

I wonder how much Lillis is on compared to other keepers in the league? Preston signed Sam Johnstone from Man Utd on loan with a £1 million transfer fee agreed in the summer.
Josh lillis on 17:51 - Feb 25 with 1918 viewsdingdangblue

Josh lillis on 17:36 - Feb 25 by JimmyRustler

I don't think he'll ever come good in the sense we want him to though. He's NEVER been able to command his area or been that dominant presence at the back, it's just not his style. On his day he's an excellent shot stopper and that's pretty much his only strong attribute. His distribution is decent enough of course but nothing to write home about. I just think it's vital at this level that you have someone in net who pretty much fills it and dominates their box.

But then you are back wanting a Logan clone again - we are just going to be disappointed whoever came in should Hill try someone on loan - no one is going to live upto Logans impact. In my lifetime the only 2 keepers I can think of with a similar type of presence are Hahnemann and Hodge.

Josh lillis on 17:59 - Feb 25 with 1903 viewsJimmyRustler

Josh lillis on 17:51 - Feb 25 by dingdangblue

But then you are back wanting a Logan clone again - we are just going to be disappointed whoever came in should Hill try someone on loan - no one is going to live upto Logans impact. In my lifetime the only 2 keepers I can think of with a similar type of presence are Hahnemann and Hodge.

I don't expect to get someone in as good as Logan tbh. I think the gulf between Lillis and Logan is that big that it's quite possible that we could get someone in on loan who sits comfortably in between the two on the goalkeeping spectrum.
Josh lillis on 18:38 - Feb 25 with 1836 viewsD_Alien

Josh lillis on 17:22 - Feb 25 by nordenblue

Praise the lord, you're spot on about Josh but some are that blinkered on here they fail to see the obvious

I don't think it's that people can't see the obvious nb, but simply a question of wtf can be done about it? We (or you) can moan as much as we like, but Lillis is under contract, Diba isn't quite ready for an extended run between the sticks and we were spoiled to some extent by having a keeper of Logan's quality until he got injured. If he hadn't, i expect he'd still be keeping Josh on the bench even now.

To think that KH isn't aware of the issue or doing something about it is almost certainly not true, but in public he has to be seen to support his current No. 1 for the sake of the entire team. And to suggest that the vast majority aren't aware there's an issue is pretty insulting too. I don't mean I feel insulted personally though, because I don't - moan as much as you like!

[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 18:42]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Josh lillis on 21:12 - Feb 25 with 1724 viewsnordenblue

Josh lillis on 18:38 - Feb 25 by D_Alien

I don't think it's that people can't see the obvious nb, but simply a question of wtf can be done about it? We (or you) can moan as much as we like, but Lillis is under contract, Diba isn't quite ready for an extended run between the sticks and we were spoiled to some extent by having a keeper of Logan's quality until he got injured. If he hadn't, i expect he'd still be keeping Josh on the bench even now.

To think that KH isn't aware of the issue or doing something about it is almost certainly not true, but in public he has to be seen to support his current No. 1 for the sake of the entire team. And to suggest that the vast majority aren't aware there's an issue is pretty insulting too. I don't mean I feel insulted personally though, because I don't - moan as much as you like!

[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 18:42]

I appreciate what you're saying DA but just because he's under contract we are under any obligation to continually select him to play every week. There is plenty of keepers that would improve not only that position but would instill some desperately needed confidence.
Its not the vast majority that can't see it as its blatantly obvious he's not good enough its the lunatics that try to justify his position purely because hes our contracted keeper.Id rather we resigned Paul Williams and stuck him in the bags
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 21:15]
Josh lillis on 21:35 - Feb 25 with 1698 viewsdogboy

I watched in amazement last night that shot was allowed by the defenders they backed off and I feel for Josh as he was expecting more move to the right... and unfortunately these things happen... oooh and what about the 2 points he saved on Saturday against Chesterfield!!!
Josh lillis on 21:45 - Feb 25 with 1665 viewsnordenblue

Josh lillis on 21:35 - Feb 25 by dogboy

I watched in amazement last night that shot was allowed by the defenders they backed off and I feel for Josh as he was expecting more move to the right... and unfortunately these things happen... oooh and what about the 2 points he saved on Saturday against Chesterfield!!!

Prior to him speculatively shooting he picked the ball up near the halfway line, hows that a defenders fault?
Josh lillis on 01:14 - Feb 26 with 1373 viewszxcvbnm

Josh lillis on 21:35 - Feb 25 by dogboy

Yes the defenders backed off but the shot should have been saved end of story.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Josh lillis on 10:00 - Feb 26 with 1301 viewstazzydjr

One of our former keepers isn't getting game time and the side look pretty much coming same league as us next season

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024