Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What... 17:04 - Apr 6 with 16625 viewsKnowlesy

An embarrassing, horrible, nasty team port Vale were. Yet another team in this league that I'd hate to support. Scoring in the last minute was all the sweeter. They all looked gutted and every one of them deserved it.
What... on 19:16 - Apr 6 with 3778 views100notout

What... on 19:13 - Apr 6 by D_Alien

Correct Roccy, and I'll happily eat my words about Rose in midfield. First half in particular, he sprayed the ball about like he's played there all his life.

Another top drawer shift at centre back by TK. I'd go so far as to say the TK/Eastham partnership is flourishing and we don't actually miss JOC!!

Cannon is something else, his quality shines through in everything he does.

Not sure what's happened to poor Bastien though. He's playing like he's had the stuffing knocked out of him.

RNL & Brandy can go. Logan did better than either when he came on.

Agree with all that apart from Rose. Funny how people see things differently

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

What... on 19:17 - Apr 6 with 3774 viewsColDale

What... on 18:33 - Apr 6 by Daley_Lama

Dodds: You said that if I stay down and hold my knee, the ref will stop the game and give me a cuddle.

Page: Yes, you prat, but you wasn't fouled and then proceeded to role down your sock and show the ref your shin.

At least he's doing it for a big club
What... on 19:18 - Apr 6 with 3754 viewsD_Alien

What... on 19:16 - Apr 6 by 100notout

Agree with all that apart from Rose. Funny how people see things differently

It is, and after what I'd posted after the Preston game I was waiting for him to confirm my thoughts, but he didn't, he played very well today.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What... on 19:21 - Apr 6 with 3728 viewsChaffRAFC

What... on 18:42 - Apr 6 by 100notout

Rose was our best player today??????

Really??

I mean REALLY???

I lost count of the miss placed passes, the "crosses" that went straight out of play and the corners that couldn't clear the near post and were wasted.

Worst player for the Dale today ............. by a country mile.

You lost count at 3?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

What... on 19:22 - Apr 6 with 3705 viewsDaley_Lama

What... on 19:21 - Apr 6 by ChaffRAFC

You lost count at 3?

Poll: DF in or out

What... on 19:22 - Apr 6 with 3706 viewsboromat

What... on 19:18 - Apr 6 by D_Alien

It is, and after what I'd posted after the Preston game I was waiting for him to confirm my thoughts, but he didn't, he played very well today.

Very funny, I actually thought he played better against Preston not that he played badly today. Last few games he's definitely become more at home in that position and is doing a job for the team with numbers down.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

What... on 19:29 - Apr 6 with 3643 viewsColDale

Thought Rose made mistakes but overall was brilliant today. Needs to be judged by what he does right rather than what he does wrong, and that's why the manager rightly has him ahead right now of Hery. We saw with Cav how players are prejudged, and there is still an element of that with Rose. He gets slaughtered for his corners which go exactly where Hilly tells him to put them - anyone would thing he can't beat the near post yet still remains chief corner taker. He's been crucial to us still being in contention for the Play Offs and we wouldn't be where we are without him.

That said, we were bloody awful today and couldn't get to grips with a side so intent on 0-0. But there's something sweet about scoring in the 95th minute against a time wasting team.
What... on 19:34 - Apr 6 with 3600 viewsroccydaleian

What... on 19:22 - Apr 6 by boromat

Very funny, I actually thought he played better against Preston not that he played badly today. Last few games he's definitely become more at home in that position and is doing a job for the team with numbers down.

I thought he played better at Preston as well, but my son thought he was poor. Funny how people see games in different ways. The magic of football eh! Up the Dale..
Login to get fewer ads

What... on 19:35 - Apr 6 with 3590 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

I'm sorry but for me rose was a weak link today. It's ok saying look what he did right, but the things he did wrong om another day can quite easily cost us a game. His pass completion rate must have been below 40%. Teams can punish you when given the ball so easily. Lucky for us Vale were poor. He needs to stop playing these Holywood passes when near the back 4 its your job to protect and distribute the ball to attack and ease the pressure at the back
What... on 19:36 - Apr 6 with 3584 viewsboromat

What... on 19:29 - Apr 6 by ColDale

Thought Rose made mistakes but overall was brilliant today. Needs to be judged by what he does right rather than what he does wrong, and that's why the manager rightly has him ahead right now of Hery. We saw with Cav how players are prejudged, and there is still an element of that with Rose. He gets slaughtered for his corners which go exactly where Hilly tells him to put them - anyone would thing he can't beat the near post yet still remains chief corner taker. He's been crucial to us still being in contention for the Play Offs and we wouldn't be where we are without him.

That said, we were bloody awful today and couldn't get to grips with a side so intent on 0-0. But there's something sweet about scoring in the 95th minute against a time wasting team.

Agree completely with that. I just hope our lack of creativity to break them down today was purely down to the make shift team that has probably never played a competitive game together and not down to the individual quality just not being good enough. I'll feel a lot better knowing we have some players back for Doncaster.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

What... on 19:40 - Apr 6 with 3546 viewsChaffRAFC

What... on 19:35 - Apr 6 by PaulHeymanGuy

I'm sorry but for me rose was a weak link today. It's ok saying look what he did right, but the things he did wrong om another day can quite easily cost us a game. His pass completion rate must have been below 40%. Teams can punish you when given the ball so easily. Lucky for us Vale were poor. He needs to stop playing these Holywood passes when near the back 4 its your job to protect and distribute the ball to attack and ease the pressure at the back

If his pass completion rate is lower than 40% then I'll buy your season ticket next year. He made a couple of mistakes, other than that he played really well and didn't give the ball away.

A weak link?! I couldn't disagree any more than I do. Guy I sat with today doesn't rate him and he even held his hands up and said he was excellent.

If he was a weak link then what on Earth did you think about Bastien who, for me, was extremely poor. His decision making was poor, his confidence looked shot in that he didn't want to take anyone on, and he offered us absolutely nothing.

Since Rose came back into the side, we've become a playoff challenging side and he's been excellent.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

What... on 19:41 - Apr 6 with 3537 viewsmacro

I thought we were disjointed today - personally I'd have played rafferty at rb, rose at lb and cannon in the holding role.

The game changer was Logan coming on along with andrew. Yet again Hery and rnl fail to take their chance
What... on 19:42 - Apr 6 with 3531 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I just love these 90+ minute winners........sent us all home very very happy and STILL in with a shout or a whisper!

But.up till the goal we and Vale were pretty pretty shite and the game was petering out to a none event and with it our p/off dream.......but thanks big Cal we are still in it!

Great result.......and bury,oh dear!
What... on 19:52 - Apr 6 with 3424 viewsNotEyreClue

I don't really post much anymore but I'm still a keen reader of the forum and I felt the need to log in after seeing some of the comments about Rose.

We need TK back on corner and free kick duty. Rose can barely beat the first man whenever he steps up to deliver the ball into the box.

His passing today in the second half was absolutely atrocious, save for when he passed it 5 yards or less to keep things ticking over (he is absolutely fine in this department).

He has the Beckham haircut and the Preds but unfortunately for him, he will never have his passing range or his dead ball abilities.

When he doesn't go for the hero pass, I have no issue with him playing CM and think he can do a job there. However, his second half performance today was, on the whole, funnier than the Frog and Bucket last week.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

What... on 19:54 - Apr 6 with 3404 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

What... on 19:40 - Apr 6 by ChaffRAFC

If his pass completion rate is lower than 40% then I'll buy your season ticket next year. He made a couple of mistakes, other than that he played really well and didn't give the ball away.

A weak link?! I couldn't disagree any more than I do. Guy I sat with today doesn't rate him and he even held his hands up and said he was excellent.

If he was a weak link then what on Earth did you think about Bastien who, for me, was extremely poor. His decision making was poor, his confidence looked shot in that he didn't want to take anyone on, and he offered us absolutely nothing.

Since Rose came back into the side, we've become a playoff challenging side and he's been excellent.

I'll recognise if someone plays well but for me rose wasn't at it today at all.

Big fan of bastien but he's playing like he's no confidence in his ability at present and it really shows
What... on 19:54 - Apr 6 with 3063 viewsRalphs12

I dont mind Rose, think he is too one footed at times and slows the play down, but when he plays that cross field ball and it pays off all is forgiven. Had we a fully fit squad he'd be on the bench, good back up.
What... on 20:03 - Apr 6 with 3003 viewsArthurDaley

Another one for the dark destroyer.

Port Vale , had really done their homework on the Ref, who was as weak as virgins water. After 20 games at Dale, hope we have seen the last of Haines.

A large VAT Dave

What... on 20:10 - Apr 6 with 2967 viewskirbys

Was probably the worst match of the season ----- until and it's one nil.

What a bunch of shirt grabbing thugs Vale are. Sat in the main stand we couldn't believe in the second half at the grabbing and shirt wrenching antics all of which were totally ignored by an insipid ref.
It was a poor first half with lots of back passing by Dale. As Keith said he was struggling to find a formula today and it showed. Credit to all who played in new positions or started for their first match in a while. Alan Kennedy had to use all his experience to cope with Pope and in the air was really struggling, but his distribution and positional sense was good.
Rose also did a hard shift today. He is not the best distributor and we know what to expect with him, however experience is essential in a side like today and he did step up to the plate.
Young Logan is going to be special, unafraid and fast he had an impact beyond his years - credit to him. But the biggest impact today was the introduction of Calvin Andrew. No one was going to wrestle him to the floor and they couldn't cope with him. Cannon - well it is going to be great to see him develop.

It was a fine ending and a deserved ending, keeping our hopes of a play off place alive. A win next week at Doncaster will put fear into our rivals and with a few more players coming into contention it augers well.

What a brilliant season.
What... on 20:18 - Apr 6 with 2902 viewsroccydaleian

What... on 20:10 - Apr 6 by kirbys

What a bunch of shirt grabbing thugs Vale are. Sat in the main stand we couldn't believe in the second half at the grabbing and shirt wrenching antics all of which were totally ignored by an insipid ref.
It was a poor first half with lots of back passing by Dale. As Keith said he was struggling to find a formula today and it showed. Credit to all who played in new positions or started for their first match in a while. Alan Kennedy had to use all his experience to cope with Pope and in the air was really struggling, but his distribution and positional sense was good.
Rose also did a hard shift today. He is not the best distributor and we know what to expect with him, however experience is essential in a side like today and he did step up to the plate.
Young Logan is going to be special, unafraid and fast he had an impact beyond his years - credit to him. But the biggest impact today was the introduction of Calvin Andrew. No one was going to wrestle him to the floor and they couldn't cope with him. Cannon - well it is going to be great to see him develop.

It was a fine ending and a deserved ending, keeping our hopes of a play off place alive. A win next week at Doncaster will put fear into our rivals and with a few more players coming into contention it augers well.

What a brilliant season.

Alan Kennedy? Don't you mean Tom? Or could be David Cross
What... on 20:27 - Apr 6 with 2828 viewssweetcorn

Just cant agree about rose, yet again his pass selection was off the mark, especially in that second half, he needs to realise that playing the same position as pirlo, doesnt make you pirlo, as ive said, if he keeps it easy and does things right, then hes a pretty handy midfield player, however he seems intent on playing a forward long ball, with backspin on to make it stick, which leads to a loss of possesion 90% of the time. when the whole squad is fit, he shouldnt be near the midfield.

Couldnt understand why we had 3 players playing in each others positions in rose, cannon and raff. Felt we would have had more balance with raff at rb, rose at lb and cannon at cm. Hes done more than enough to prove he deserves a shot in midfield, the lad is a class act and may even be better than jamie..

Andrew definitley deserves a chance from the start next game, thought he did well even before the goal, but the goal just capped a good performance off the bench for him, it was nice to see what it meant to him aswel.

Good result and was absolutley buzzing to get the points, but we played poorly today and need to improve next time out.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

What... on 20:31 - Apr 6 with 2801 viewssweetcorn

Forgot to mention TK, did really well at CB and should stay there until the end of the season if todays performance is anything to go off..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

What... on 20:39 - Apr 6 with 2761 views100notout

What... on 19:21 - Apr 6 by ChaffRAFC

You lost count at 3?

quadruple that and that might be nearer the mark

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

What... on 20:39 - Apr 6 with 2751 viewsYouTubeDale

What... on 20:10 - Apr 6 by kirbys

What a brilliant season.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

What... on 20:45 - Apr 6 with 2707 viewsroccydaleian

What... on 20:39 - Apr 6 by YouTubeDale

Twas a pleasure and honour to have met the guy at the Dale t'other week.
What... on 20:46 - Apr 6 with 2703 viewsTommoRAFC

What... on 20:31 - Apr 6 by sweetcorn

Forgot to mention TK, did really well at CB and should stay there until the end of the season if todays performance is anything to go off..

As for mentions, RNL had one of his better games for us today, he was unlucky to be sacrificed after putting a shift in.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024