Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What... 17:04 - Apr 6 with 16613 viewsKnowlesy

An embarrassing, horrible, nasty team port Vale were. Yet another team in this league that I'd hate to support. Scoring in the last minute was all the sweeter. They all looked gutted and every one of them deserved it.
What... on 20:53 - Apr 6 with 2430 viewsdale_spotland

What... on 20:46 - Apr 6 by TommoRAFC

As for mentions, RNL had one of his better games for us today, he was unlucky to be sacrificed after putting a shift in.

Disagree with this, think RNL looks off the pace.

Bound to be the case though to be fair, lack of game time etc.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

What... on 21:02 - Apr 6 with 2356 viewsYorkshire_Dale

What... on 17:38 - Apr 6 by olympicdale

Agreed, nasty behavior from the players. It was almost set up for their number 20 (their best player by a mile) to score, after the abuse he got throughout. What has happened to Tom Pope, used to be deadly, looked a shadow of his former self. I'm not sure exactly why we hate them, but it gave a good indication today.

.......and Chris Birchall is carrying a bit of timber as well.......big clumsy unit to boot.
What... on 21:17 - Apr 6 with 2287 viewssweetcorn

What... on 21:02 - Apr 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

.......and Chris Birchall is carrying a bit of timber as well.......big clumsy unit to boot.

Very light skinned for a black lad..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

What... on 21:32 - Apr 6 with 2202 views49thseason

What... on 21:02 - Apr 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Birchall, Dodds and Pope must weigh about 40 stone beween them. All three had bigger ar5e5 tha Red Rum.
What... on 11:37 - Apr 7 with 1898 viewsColDale

Apparently, it was all to do with us playing 14 seconds too long
www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/rob-page-we-didnt-deserve-that-2380865.aspx?
What... on 11:57 - Apr 7 with 1831 viewsDaleiLama

What... on 11:37 - Apr 7 by ColDale

I have to say I have some sympathy with the Vale manager. What's he (or anyone in that position) supposed to say after a "display" like that - "Well, we played like donkeys, kicked out at the opposition all day and thought we cheated just enough to get an undeserved point?" I wasn't at the game, but that seems to sum up the gist of reports I've read. He has to keep his squad together and fighting (literally) to the end of the season. It's all a bit laughable really.

I frankly struggle to listen to (and frequently don't these days) a lot of post match comments. They are either agenda driven of so full of clichés the meaning (if there ever was one) gets lost in the noise. One of the reasons I like listening to Hilly - he tells it how it is - or at least as he sees it. Heart well and truly on his sleeve!

PS If Hilly had made the same comment about undeservingly leaving Preston without a point it would have carried a lot more weight as the way we played that day really was worthy of a draw.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 11:59]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

What... on 12:37 - Apr 7 with 1765 viewsrod_leach

What... on 11:37 - Apr 7 by ColDale

All down to the fracas in their goalmouth on 90 mins. I bet that took a minute to sort out.
What... on 12:56 - Apr 7 with 1721 viewsTVOS1907

What... on 12:37 - Apr 7 by rod_leach

All down to the fracas in their goalmouth on 90 mins. I bet that took a minute to sort out.

And it's a 'minimum' amount of added time.

I don't blame Vale for their tactics. They had lost five on the bounce, Page is on his last legs and they were travelling to a play-off chasing team.

However, he can't then whinge like mad when those tactics ultimately prove their downfall.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

What... on 13:03 - Apr 7 with 1687 viewslurker

Page must have done the equivalent of 500 squats during the game. Constantly up and down moaning at officials and shouting for every non-decision. He must have thighs like tree trunks!
What... on 13:28 - Apr 7 with 1630 viewsSandyman

Page can't winge about 14 seconds. They had a man on the pitch (Marshall) for most of the game who should have been sent off for kicking a Rochdale player in the head, and had 3 officials allowing them to get away with every dirty trick in the book. They had every advantage they needed, yet still couldn't manage a shot on target. Thuggish team, rubbish manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024