Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glastonbury 09:16 - Jun 23 with 20832 viewsMonahoop

It's that time of the year again. Fun down on the a farm somewhere in deepest, darkest Somerset. Anyone on here going or has been in the past? An interesting, eclectic line up I see this year, old and new, something for all.

I last went in 1979. Tom Robinson was there then. He's there this year I see.

Enjoy.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Glastonbury on 23:26 - Jun 27 with 3393 viewschris1969

Love the idea of Kanye headlining but his set list and self indulgence has let him down. Me and my 14yr old thought we were gonna share a moment together but what a let down. Half hearted and half cocked, he is finishing strongly but will go down as a big disappointment.
Glastonbury on 23:27 - Jun 27 with 3390 viewsMonahoop

If you think Kanye West is dire, I've been flicking around only to witness some tubby ginger moose trying to do rap. Kate Tempest her name is I think. Quite possibly the worst thing I've seen from a televised Glastonbury show. How low can this Saturday programme get?? It seems to me the Beeb are omitting the acts in the smaller venues this year, many which are often better than the main acts.

Glastonbury on 23:30 - Jun 27 with 3384 viewsqueensparker

Enjoying Suede playing The Drowners now. That's more like it

I agree Mona, the fun is seeing the random obscure stuff. It was this time a couple of years ago I first saw The Strypes on the BBC red button, now that's a great band

[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 23:34]
Glastonbury on 23:34 - Jun 27 with 3368 viewsPunteR

Glastonbury on 23:27 - Jun 27 by Monahoop

If you think Kanye West is dire, I've been flicking around only to witness some tubby ginger moose trying to do rap. Kate Tempest her name is I think. Quite possibly the worst thing I've seen from a televised Glastonbury show. How low can this Saturday programme get?? It seems to me the Beeb are omitting the acts in the smaller venues this year, many which are often better than the main acts.

Ha,I thought she was brilliant. Each to their own I spose..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Glastonbury on 23:43 - Jun 27 with 3321 viewsMonahoop

Glastonbury on 23:30 - Jun 27 by queensparker

Enjoying Suede playing The Drowners now. That's more like it

I agree Mona, the fun is seeing the random obscure stuff. It was this time a couple of years ago I first saw The Strypes on the BBC red button, now that's a great band

[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 23:34]

They played at a local pub in my town of Monaghan three months ago. They were really good. As well as old R n B standards,their own stuff is good too.

Glastonbury on 23:43 - Jun 27 with 3319 viewschris1969

Cherry picker wearing a harness so rock n roll
Glastonbury on 23:45 - Jun 27 with 3312 viewsMonahoop

Glastonbury on 23:34 - Jun 27 by PunteR

Ha,I thought she was brilliant. Each to their own I spose..

Aye to that PunteR. I'll not quibble. All a matter of taste and perspective as they say. Apparently.

Glastonbury on 23:50 - Jun 27 with 3295 viewsSimonJames

Sat through one Kanye West swearalog before I hit the red button.
Slim pickings for Glasto on a Saturday night...
... Jon Hopkins, dull.
...George Clinton, dull dull dull.
... deadmau5, WTF!

Finally had to settle for Suede - a band whose highest accolade from me in the past was "Well at least they aren't fecking Blur!"
I must have mellowed in the last 25 years. because they are virtually watchable tonight.
Yes, Brett Anderson still struts around like the world's lowest paid Mick Jagger impersonator, but Richard Oakes makes a decent fist of Bernard Butler's guitar bits.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Glastonbury on 00:00 - Jun 28 with 3274 viewsPunteR

Dead mouse.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Glastonbury on 00:35 - Jun 28 with 3227 viewsSimonJames

I think my favourites thus far have been Slaves and The Libertines.

Kanye West wins the How-Far-Can-You-Disappear-Up-Your-Own-Backside award.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 1:07]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Glastonbury on 07:25 - Jun 28 with 3137 viewsLblock

So it was Lee Nelson invading the stage during Kantdo Vest's set. Fair play!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Glastonbury on 08:22 - Jun 28 with 3102 viewsJonDoeman

Suede were shit hot .

It Is What It Is !!

Glastonbury on 08:41 - Jun 28 with 3088 viewsDorse

I'm looking forward to seeing Wobbegong Surprise on the Anti-Nazi League stage and then Misty and the Felchers in the Shami Chakrabati Yurt.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Glastonbury on 09:05 - Jun 28 with 3069 viewsElHoop

I enjoyed Kanye's set although I didn't have high expectations or know many of his songs. It looked like a 'this is who I am and this is what I do' sort of set, a bit like Metallica last year in that respect, and you can take it or leave it. It's Glastonbury - you sign up for the unknown if you are paying for the entertainment - if you don't like the idea of the unknown then don't go, but it's a festival for those who DO go. Whether it was his best set I wouldn't know - his fans seem to be saying that is was below par, whereas Metallica, according to their fans, seemed to raise their game last year in similar circumstances. But if I had been there I'd have enjoyed it.

I also enjoyed Burt Bacharach's set yesterday. Of the sets I've seen I thought that Jungle were the best so far.
Glastonbury on 10:38 - Jun 28 with 2991 viewsDiscodroids

blood tempreature reaching graphite -carbon -rods -being- dipped- into- water last night watching a collective called 'clean bandit'. a so called fusion of house and classical ensemble .

think aka bilk on mescalin.

a cover of robin s 'show me love', the anthem of every white wine farting bad manchester perm wearing secretary in the cosmos.

i wanted to launch a flame thrower into the crowd .

i love the smell of napalm in the morning ...smells like...student grants

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Glastonbury (n/t) on 10:54 - Jun 28 with 2986 viewsDiscodroids

[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 14:09]

Glastonbury (n/t) on 10:58 - Jun 28 with 2986 viewsDiscodroids

[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 14:11]

Glastonbury on 11:04 - Jun 28 with 2984 viewsdaveB

Greatest Living rock star in the world he called himself, what a bell end, not even the best in Glastonbury

Looking forward to The Who tonight though
Glastonbury on 11:09 - Jun 28 with 2977 viewsElHoop

The girl in Clean Bandit is quite nice though

Glastonbury on 11:12 - Jun 28 with 2973 viewsDWQPR

Glastonbury on 11:04 - Jun 28 by daveB

Greatest Living rock star in the world he called himself, what a bell end, not even the best in Glastonbury

Looking forward to The Who tonight though

The Who will respect Glastonbury and they know even after all these years that what is most important is the fans and not the band. Kuntyou West will never be like that and The Who still remain light years ahead of this wànker. If The Who are half as good tonight as they were in Friday then you will enjoy.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Glastonbury on 11:13 - Jun 28 with 2970 viewswestberksr

Glastonbury (n/t) on 10:58 - Jun 28 by Discodroids

[Post edited 28 Jun 2015 14:11]

Had Elizabeth Troy on vocals who did lead on some club stuff 20 odd years ago. Good vocalist and wearing well, without her I think they'd have been worse!
Glastonbury on 11:15 - Jun 28 with 2966 viewsElHoop

I saw the Who 40 years ago so wouldn't want to see them again now. Wouldn't want to see Weller either so would avoid the main stages today. Would definitely get along to the Fat Whites and Mini Mansions - then probably FFS to finish off the weekend.
Glastonbury on 11:35 - Jun 28 with 2935 viewsMark1

Kanye West - Who buys that absolute pile of dung ?

Can't sing and crap rap.
Glastonbury on 13:24 - Jun 28 with 2852 viewsDorse

Glastonbury on 11:35 - Jun 28 by Mark1

Kanye West - Who buys that absolute pile of dung ?

Can't sing and crap rap.

He's no Grandmaster Flash. He's sub Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, if you ask me.

'Kanye West redknapped his way through the set to the delight of his assembled cretinous minions and the general approbation of all right thinking humans. Michael Eavis's press release simply reads: "For fcuk's sake"...'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Glastonbury on 13:59 - Jun 28 with 2818 viewsdaveB

Glastonbury on 11:12 - Jun 28 by DWQPR

The Who will respect Glastonbury and they know even after all these years that what is most important is the fans and not the band. Kuntyou West will never be like that and The Who still remain light years ahead of this wànker. If The Who are half as good tonight as they were in Friday then you will enjoy.

My Dad went on Friday, said they were superb, would love to see them live one day
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024