Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Defence 17:13 - Oct 10 with 16606 views1907

Is the worst we've had in many a year. How Ollie Lancashire got a shirt today I will never know. It's absolutely pathetic. Sort it ou Keith before it costs us dear!
This Defence on 18:54 - Oct 13 with 3249 views1mark1

This Defence on 18:16 - Oct 13 by TVOS1907

Really?

So that means in 40 years he's watched players who have taken us to the brink of being elected out of the league and probable extinction, as well as watching Dale play in front of sub-1000 crowds, yet he still comes out with complete garbage on here (usually after a defeat) about players who have won promotion, taken the team to their highest-ever league finish, the FA Cup fourth round two years running and are currently in the top ten in League One again?

I think my description of him elsewhere was pretty spot on.

Yes, really. If you know any different, please let us know. I just stated what I know, as I have been to many of those matches with him and others through good and (mainly) bad times.

Indeed, and yes sometimes he over the top, with his criticism, just like some are over the top with defending everything Dale related .

That would be your opinion.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

This Defence on 19:02 - Oct 13 with 3211 viewsnordenblue

This Defence on 18:54 - Oct 13 by 1mark1

Yes, really. If you know any different, please let us know. I just stated what I know, as I have been to many of those matches with him and others through good and (mainly) bad times.

Indeed, and yes sometimes he over the top, with his criticism, just like some are over the top with defending everything Dale related .

Its nothing about an opinion, its factually incorrect to name most of the current team as incapable and not good enough for league 1 after our highest ever finish to a season regardless of how many games he may have attended.
People have varying opinions and thats normally very reasoned and well but the stuff that he generally comes out with is ridiculous in the extreme and very unfair to the current squads ability.
This Defence on 19:04 - Oct 13 with 3206 viewsTalkingSutty

This Defence on 17:09 - Oct 13 by 1mark1

" Mind you I expect you’ll be in the home end Saturday."

I would be very surprised if he is not singing and shouting with the Dale fans , like he has for the 1000 plus games he has watched the Dale for the past 40 years. Fair enough disagree with what he says (like what I have done many times) , but please don't question his loyalty to the Dale.

I happen to think with McNulty and Eastham, we would have a decent 3rd tier central half partnership, and Lillis would benefit from a decent defence in front of him, but he is only an average 3rd tier keeper, and we would be better off with Logan, not sure though how he would do with the defence we have at the moment.

One of the best individual goalkeeping displays i have ever seen occurred on my last visit to Gigg Lane, Lillis made 3 world class saves during that second half he was tremendous.

He isn't perfect, he makes the odd mistake like most goalkeepers but he is capable of making some amazing saves. I think Lillis gets the rough end of the stick at times.
This Defence on 19:12 - Oct 13 with 3176 viewsTVOS1907

It would also be the opinion of almost every poster on this forum.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

This Defence on 19:17 - Oct 13 with 3149 viewsTalkingSutty

This Defence on 19:12 - Oct 13 by TVOS1907

It would also be the opinion of almost every poster on this forum.

Agree with that. I can compile some bullsh*t, but gimps pips me in that department

I like his posts though, which are obvious wind ups. We could all be bosom buddies, massage each other's egos and agree on everything, but who wants to be like that?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2015 19:24]
This Defence on 19:19 - Oct 13 with 3139 viewsdingdangblue

This Defence on 19:04 - Oct 13 by TalkingSutty

One of the best individual goalkeeping displays i have ever seen occurred on my last visit to Gigg Lane, Lillis made 3 world class saves during that second half he was tremendous.

He isn't perfect, he makes the odd mistake like most goalkeepers but he is capable of making some amazing saves. I think Lillis gets the rough end of the stick at times.

He pulled off a brilliant save at Sheffield Utd when their player had to score. Also a superb stop at the end with Adams 1 on 1. There's only really the Millwall game you could fault him - when you look at the league 1 highlights each week there's goalkeeper errors from a lot of teams quite often.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

This Defence on 19:23 - Oct 13 with 3126 viewsmacro

Tell him then not to come across as such a wind up merchant, the tripe he talks about on here about the most successful squad we’ve ever had is embarrassing, it’s no wonder people think he’s a bury/oldham etc fan
This Defence on 19:29 - Oct 13 with 3100 views442Dale

Plenty think Lancashire isn't good enough, some think he's ok. It's all about how that opinion is expressed.

Stick me in the former camp.

Note: that interview with him is very interesting. Ralphs12 has it spot on, and for a player with a reasonable amount of experience it's amazing he doesn't know his limitations. He should look towards how McArdle evolved, not try and become something he's not.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

This Defence on 19:33 - Oct 13 with 3089 viewsD_Alien

It's not so much that PG goes "over the top" - we all do that sometimes, especially in the aftermath of a defeat - that's the nature of being a football fan.

What's uniquely irritating about PG - and I'll take your word for it that he's a Dale fan of longstanding - is the relentless negativity. If once, just once, he were to post in praise of a player or a performance, that would counterbalance the negativity, which as others have pointed out, is absolutely senseless in respect of the relative success and superb performances we've seen during most of the past 10 years.

Not that I could actually give a damn about his way of looking at things, but it's just sad to see anyone being so pissed off by relative success.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

This Defence on 19:33 - Oct 13 with 3089 views1mark1

This Defence on 19:23 - Oct 13 by macro

Tell him then not to come across as such a wind up merchant, the tripe he talks about on here about the most successful squad we’ve ever had is embarrassing, it’s no wonder people think he’s a bury/oldham etc fan

He wouldn't listen to me, even if I wanted to say that to him. He does though despise those two teams as much as is possible.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

This Defence on 19:34 - Oct 13 with 3075 viewsfitzochris

ParkinsGimp isn't a troll? About as likely as a nunnery coach trip to Spearmint Rhino.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

This Defence on 14:18 - Oct 14 with 2761 viewsfitzochris

Anthony Gerrard's trial with Southend has ended. Wonder if he's going anywhere else?

This Defence on 15:34 - Oct 14 with 2687 viewsdale4ever

This Defence on 14:18 - Oct 14 by fitzochris

Anthony Gerrard's trial with Southend has ended. Wonder if he's going anywhere else?

Sign him up!
This Defence on 15:43 - Oct 14 with 2672 viewslurker

This Defence on 15:34 - Oct 14 by dale4ever

Sign him up!

Ask ParkinsGimp for permission first though
This Defence on 15:56 - Oct 14 with 2643 viewsfitzochris

This Defence on 15:34 - Oct 14 by dale4ever

Sign him up!

I've since discovered Gerrard is the proverbial bad egg. So perhaps not.

This Defence on 16:09 - Oct 14 with 2609 viewsChaffRAFC

This Defence on 15:56 - Oct 14 by fitzochris

I've since discovered Gerrard is the proverbial bad egg. So perhaps not.

I mentioned Gerrard as a signing I'd love to see and bad egg or not, the lad is a superb defender and if he's still available, surely he's worth a try? Even if it's non-contract terms.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

This Defence on 16:36 - Oct 14 with 2568 viewsfitzochris

This Defence on 16:09 - Oct 14 by ChaffRAFC

I mentioned Gerrard as a signing I'd love to see and bad egg or not, the lad is a superb defender and if he's still available, surely he's worth a try? Even if it's non-contract terms.

That's what I thought prior to being told just how bad a bad egg he is. Dunno if Hilly would touch him, given his fear of having "terrorists" in the camp.

This Defence on 17:33 - Oct 14 with 2503 viewsValleySaddler

I was only talking about Gerrard before the Sheff Utd game,an excellent Defender and definitely an asset at League 1 level.

Don't know where or when the Bad Egg stuff started but he was popular at Walsall with fans and team mates alike.
Would love Dale to sign him and let's face it there's not many better than Hilly to resurrect his career and get him back on the straight and narrow.
This Defence on 17:54 - Oct 14 with 2469 viewsfitzochris

This Defence on 17:33 - Oct 14 by ValleySaddler

I was only talking about Gerrard before the Sheff Utd game,an excellent Defender and definitely an asset at League 1 level.

Don't know where or when the Bad Egg stuff started but he was popular at Walsall with fans and team mates alike.
Would love Dale to sign him and let's face it there's not many better than Hilly to resurrect his career and get him back on the straight and narrow.

The bad egg thing has come from someone who has worked with him very recently.

This Defence on 20:29 - Oct 14 with 2322 viewsfitzochris

This Defence on 17:54 - Oct 14 by fitzochris

The bad egg thing has come from someone who has worked with him very recently.

Apparently Hyde have offered him a chance to train with them.

Prior, he was invited on trial at Sheffield Wednesday and something happened in the changing room that resulted in the players complaining to the manager en masse. He was sent home without kicking a ball.

This Defence on 23:41 - Oct 14 with 2137 viewsD_Alien

This Defence on 20:29 - Oct 14 by fitzochris

Apparently Hyde have offered him a chance to train with them.

Prior, he was invited on trial at Sheffield Wednesday and something happened in the changing room that resulted in the players complaining to the manager en masse. He was sent home without kicking a ball.

This "bad egg" thing - are we sure he doesn't just let off horrible farts?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

This Defence on 06:46 - Oct 15 with 2071 viewsfitzochris

This Defence on 23:41 - Oct 14 by D_Alien

This "bad egg" thing - are we sure he doesn't just let off horrible farts?

That is one way to evacuate a changing room, I guess.

This Defence on 16:46 - Oct 15 with 1887 viewsfitzochris

At the risk of turning this into an Anthony Gerrard-watch thread, he played in a bounce game for Shrewsbury v Wigan today and they lost 4-0. Surprisingly, they may offer him non-contract terms. Perhaps he wasn't a bad egg today.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024