Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs 19:09 - Jan 29 with 1959 viewscarruthers

I am not on here often and it may have been mentioned before, but, is this our first competitive game against Spurs? and if so, which other league teams have we yet to meet?
Spurs on 19:50 - Jan 29 with 1939 viewsDaniel

Yes it is, and off the top of my head,other teams are Middlesbrough, Liverpool, and West Ham.
Spurs on 20:19 - Jan 29 with 1930 viewscarruthers

Actually I saw the U's play Middlesbrough back in the day, I remember it because Whisky the dog mascot crapped in the Middlesbrough penalty area at half time and their players complained about it. We were greatly amused and I seemed to recall the barsides songs referred to 'crap up this end' Furthermore the Middlesbrough shirts were red with white shoulders, unusual at the time.-----------------yet I can't remember yesterday. Ho hum
Spurs on 20:35 - Jan 29 with 1916 viewswessex_exile

Spurs on 20:19 - Jan 29 by carruthers

Actually I saw the U's play Middlesbrough back in the day, I remember it because Whisky the dog mascot crapped in the Middlesbrough penalty area at half time and their players complained about it. We were greatly amused and I seemed to recall the barsides songs referred to 'crap up this end' Furthermore the Middlesbrough shirts were red with white shoulders, unusual at the time.-----------------yet I can't remember yesterday. Ho hum

We did indeed. Of the current 92, I think the list is just Liverpool, West Ham, Daggers (?) and because of a very contentious differentiation, AFC Wimbledon?

Nope - scrub Daggers, forgot we've played them as well.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 20:41]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Spurs on 20:44 - Jan 29 with 1912 viewswessex_exile

So, the bigger question, which would take some answering, is there a current member of the 92 who have (or by the end of this season will have) played competitive matches against all of the remaining 91? I suppose given their fortunes in recent years, Bournemouth might be as close as us to a full house?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Spurs on 21:18 - Jan 29 with 1899 viewsLeadbelly

Spurs on 20:44 - Jan 29 by wessex_exile

So, the bigger question, which would take some answering, is there a current member of the 92 who have (or by the end of this season will have) played competitive matches against all of the remaining 91? I suppose given their fortunes in recent years, Bournemouth might be as close as us to a full house?

Wigan may have done so in a relatively short space of time?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Spurs on 21:29 - Jan 29 with 1893 viewsbwildered

Played Wigan when they first got in to league , Larry Lloyd gave a big two fingers at those who stood at the Spion Kop after they beat us one nil . Had a few good games against them when Martinez played for them .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Spurs on 21:32 - Jan 29 with 1890 viewsbwildered

Forest Green on the horizon !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Spurs on 21:38 - Jan 29 with 1889 viewscarruthers

We used to play West Ham in the Essex Professional cup back in the 50s, but I suppose it was hardly a competitive game, I used to love it when they came to Layer Road, smooth silky football. I think they visited for three years running.
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs on 21:47 - Jan 29 with 1884 viewscarruthers

Spurs on 20:44 - Jan 29 by wessex_exile

When we played Bournemouth it was just after John Bond, who was then their player manager, said he was Colchester born and hated the town, I think we beat them and gave him a good mouthful of abuse.
What was unforgivable was that he changed their name from Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic to plain old AFC Bournemouth and ruined a perfectly good quiz question, namely which club has the longest name
Spurs on 21:57 - Jan 29 with 1869 viewsdurham_exile

Spurs on 21:47 - Jan 29 by carruthers

When we played Bournemouth it was just after John Bond, who was then their player manager, said he was Colchester born and hated the town, I think we beat them and gave him a good mouthful of abuse.
What was unforgivable was that he changed their name from Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic to plain old AFC Bournemouth and ruined a perfectly good quiz question, namely which club has the longest name

When we visited Dean Court the home support always shouted Boscombe, Boscombe.

Durham_exile

Spurs on 02:52 - Jan 30 with 1833 viewsBarsidepete

Spurs on 21:57 - Jan 29 by durham_exile

When we visited Dean Court the home support always shouted Boscombe, Boscombe.

07:45 here? -- 12:45 in the G M T..

Could this one be one, Pete?

It's broadcast nationally in the states at 07:45.

I have the Keurig (for the coffee) and the plug-in-tea-pot at the ready ....

An a bol' of wisky. I mean, you never know {grin]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Spurs on 09:09 - Jan 30 with 1801 viewsdurham_exile

Spurs on 02:52 - Jan 30 by Barsidepete

07:45 here? -- 12:45 in the G M T..

Could this one be one, Pete?

It's broadcast nationally in the states at 07:45.

I have the Keurig (for the coffee) and the plug-in-tea-pot at the ready ....

An a bol' of wisky. I mean, you never know {grin]

Pete today is going to be a bit special!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024