Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How far we have come 19:51 - Feb 27 with 8912 viewsanimal8

Today got home from the game ,stepson said how did Dale go on .I said beat Sheffield utd 2-0 .no surprise from him and I said it as if it was expected .happy days .
How far we have come on 17:02 - Feb 28 with 6784 viewsFATTYFOULKE

No disrespect mate but I really don't see how you can see this result as any kind of indication of how far you've come. It's plainly more of how far have United have fallen.

I know you'll take that in the wrong way but we are absolute dire with arguably the worst team in our history. It's no great shakes beating us, it really isn't.
How far we have come on 17:11 - Feb 28 with 6757 viewsD_Alien

How far we have come on 17:02 - Feb 28 by FATTYFOULKE

No disrespect mate but I really don't see how you can see this result as any kind of indication of how far you've come. It's plainly more of how far have United have fallen.

I know you'll take that in the wrong way but we are absolute dire with arguably the worst team in our history. It's no great shakes beating us, it really isn't.

We played you when you were in the old Fourth Division, so your claim that the current bunch is the worst team in your history is plainly untrue; although I can understand that you think struggling to be promoted from League One is embarrassing for a side with home gates averaging five or six time ours.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How far we have come on 17:17 - Feb 28 with 6726 viewsFATTYFOULKE

How far we have come on 17:11 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

We played you when you were in the old Fourth Division, so your claim that the current bunch is the worst team in your history is plainly untrue; although I can understand that you think struggling to be promoted from League One is embarrassing for a side with home gates averaging five or six time ours.

I said arguably meaning it's debatable. I was there when we went down to the old fourth and trust me there's not much in it.

You're saying beating us is an indication of how far you've come. I'm saying It isn't. You're still a mediocre league one side, the point is, so are we. Very mediocre.
How far we have come on 17:21 - Feb 28 with 6705 viewsD_Alien

How far we have come on 17:17 - Feb 28 by FATTYFOULKE

I said arguably meaning it's debatable. I was there when we went down to the old fourth and trust me there's not much in it.

You're saying beating us is an indication of how far you've come. I'm saying It isn't. You're still a mediocre league one side, the point is, so are we. Very mediocre.

I understand the meaning of the word "arguably" - it means you were arguing that point.

I'm not, by the way, arguing that beating you is an indication of how far we've come - that was another poster.

Edit: just to add, the team that we played in the old Div 4 must've been relegated from Div 3. The team we saw playing yesterday is a million miles from one threatened with relegation - just a bit of context for you.

Thanks.

Great username by the way!
[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 17:33]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How far we have come on 17:26 - Feb 28 with 6679 viewsBartRowou

The big lad can be seen here towards the end. Happier times for the Blades.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

How far we have come on 17:33 - Feb 28 with 6644 viewsTalkingSutty

Can you explain to me then why quite a large amount of your supporters yesterday seemed as though they had plumbed new depths yesterday by losing to little old Rochdale, they behaved as though they didn't expect it

By the way I agree with your comments, the league is three quarters of the way through and It's pretty obvious Sheffield United aren't one of the better teams in the league,your position shows that. Beating you wasn't a surprise result, it's not like your a Walsall or Burton ( we beat both of those).
[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 17:34]
How far we have come on 17:34 - Feb 28 with 6629 viewsTVOS1907

After seven straight defeats against The Blades, yesterday is a moment to cherish for us.

It's interesting when you say how far you've fallen, as United have been in the top flight for only three of the 35 seasons I've been watching Dale.

What would you consider your true level? Championship?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

How far we have come on 17:36 - Feb 28 with 6614 viewsFATTYFOULKE

How far we have come on 17:26 - Feb 28 by BartRowou

The big lad can be seen here towards the end. Happier times for the Blades.

Nice bit of film I haven't seen before. Cheers!
Login to get fewer ads

How far we have come on 17:40 - Feb 28 with 6586 viewsdingdangblue

Dont put your team down so much. You played very well yesterday - just came up against an inspired goalkeeper and a couple of great finishes - against the run of play. Jesus - these things happen! Get over it.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

How far we have come on 17:42 - Feb 28 with 6578 viewsFATTYFOULKE

How far we have come on 17:33 - Feb 28 by TalkingSutty

Can you explain to me then why quite a large amount of your supporters yesterday seemed as though they had plumbed new depths yesterday by losing to little old Rochdale, they behaved as though they didn't expect it

By the way I agree with your comments, the league is three quarters of the way through and It's pretty obvious Sheffield United aren't one of the better teams in the league,your position shows that. Beating you wasn't a surprise result, it's not like your a Walsall or Burton ( we beat both of those).
[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 17:34]

It wasn't anything to do with getting beat by "little old Rochdale" so don't take it personally. It was more frustrations boiling over at the total ineptitude at those running our club and the total disgrace we're left with as a result on the pitch.

...and for the record those that kicked off were a total embarrassment to the club as a whole and to us fans.
How far we have come on 17:43 - Feb 28 with 6576 viewsTalkingSutty

How far we have come on 17:34 - Feb 28 by TVOS1907

After seven straight defeats against The Blades, yesterday is a moment to cherish for us.

It's interesting when you say how far you've fallen, as United have been in the top flight for only three of the 35 seasons I've been watching Dale.

As a neutral looking in,Sheffield Wednesday are obviously the bigger Club. I don't that's even up for debate. I view them as sleeping Giants. I view the Blades similar to Birmingham, Coventry, Bristol City, Portsmouth,maybe Woves at a pinch. A Mid table Champuonship Club.
How far we have come on 17:49 - Feb 28 with 6547 viewsFATTYFOULKE

How far we have come on 17:34 - Feb 28 by TVOS1907

Based on the last 35 years top end Championship. Based on our history as a whole top league. Based on crowd potential top league.
How far we have come on 17:51 - Feb 28 with 6542 viewsFATTYFOULKE

How far we have come on 17:40 - Feb 28 by dingdangblue

Dont put your team down so much. You played very well yesterday - just came up against an inspired goalkeeper and a couple of great finishes - against the run of play. Jesus - these things happen! Get over it.

Get over what?

I'm just contributing to a thread on a forum debating the respective strengths of our teams.
How far we have come on 17:57 - Feb 28 with 6506 viewsFATTYFOULKE

How far we have come on 17:43 - Feb 28 by TalkingSutty

As a neutral looking in,Sheffield Wednesday are obviously the bigger Club. I don't that's even up for debate. I view them as sleeping Giants. I view the Blades similar to Birmingham, Coventry, Bristol City, Portsmouth,maybe Woves at a pinch. A Mid table Champuonship Club.

....yeah they're "massive"
[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 17:59]
How far we have come on 17:58 - Feb 28 with 6498 views442Dale

How far we have come on 17:51 - Feb 28 by FATTYFOULKE

Get over what?

I'm just contributing to a thread on a forum debating the respective strengths of our teams.

Wages aside, bet Matty Done wishes he was still in ours.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

How far we have come on 18:00 - Feb 28 with 6479 viewsFATTYFOULKE

How far we have come on 17:58 - Feb 28 by 442Dale

Wages aside, bet Matty Done wishes he was still in ours.

Why?
How far we have come on 18:03 - Feb 28 with 6468 views442Dale

How far we have come on 18:00 - Feb 28 by FATTYFOULKE

Why?

Appreciated, played regularly, used in a position that benefits his game.

That and he wouldn't have to endure Billy Sharp being Notso in his 37th spell with your lot.

To clarify, not a discussion about the clubs, more where he'd enjoy playing his football more out on the pitch.

How far we have come on 18:12 - Feb 28 with 6437 viewsTalkingSutty

How far we have come on 17:42 - Feb 28 by FATTYFOULKE

It wasn't anything to do with getting beat by "little old Rochdale" so don't take it personally. It was more frustrations boiling over at the total ineptitude at those running our club and the total disgrace we're left with as a result on the pitch.

...and for the record those that kicked off were a total embarrassment to the club as a whole and to us fans.

Reading your forum it seems quite a few are bemused that they lost to a club of Rochdales standing, that's something that I don't understand. We are competing in the same league so it's obvious we are more than capable of beating you on our day.Anybody can beat anybody in this league.

I was impressed with you lot yesterday, first half we couldn't get near you, best performance from a away team I've seen this season. Second half we decided to venture out into your half and brought on a bit of muscle, we played like we can and gave our defenders a breather.

If you don't get into the Play Offs I will be very surprised, once there i expect you to go all the way but it won't happen if you don't back the players and yesterday's shenanigans showed your support in a very bad light, crap support of the highest order. Maybe you need to show a bit more humility (as a fan base),you have no divine right to get out of this division and your fans don't deserve it more than any other clubs do they ?
How far we have come on 18:16 - Feb 28 with 6419 viewsrobbowood

You have been in the top two divisons in over 100 seasons and in the bottom two divisons for only 10 (or 11 ?) seasons of which one was in the fourth tier. So you may, quite understandably, think you are currently 'mediocre'

In comparison we have been in the fourth tier for almost our entire history and I doubt few, if any, Dale fans think we are a 'mediocre league one side'. We are having one of the most successful seasons in our history on low crowds and low budgets

I can assure you the standard of football in this division is ten times better than what we saw in the division below us three seasons ago - and over the last 30 years I have witnessed plenty of 'mediocre' football in the fourth tier not least from a lot of Dale teams

If we are 'mediocre' what does that make the teams currently below us in the table. As for all the teams above us are all these teams 'mediocre' as well

In 2014 The English National Football Archive was asked to compile a "Long-Suffering Fan Index" and, after crunching data from 220,000 results since the first Football League season in 1888-9 - ranking the current 92 Football League clubs by their lack of success, and weighted by extra factors including the size of their average home crowds - we came out bottom... or top, depending on your point of view

We are definitely not 'medicore' though you are quite entitled to your view to say that we are!!!
How far we have come on 18:17 - Feb 28 with 6418 viewsFATTYFOULKE

How far we have come on 18:03 - Feb 28 by 442Dale

Appreciated, played regularly, used in a position that benefits his game.

That and he wouldn't have to endure Billy Sharp being Notso in his 37th spell with your lot.

To clarify, not a discussion about the clubs, more where he'd enjoy playing his football more out on the pitch.

Can't really say. Far as I can see not much between the teams. A Sheffield United player or still at Rochdale'

Taking aside money I'd still take a guess he'd rather be at the Lane despite everything that's happened or rather not happened since his arrival.
How far we have come on 18:36 - Feb 28 with 6354 viewsFATTYFOULKE

How far we have come on 18:12 - Feb 28 by TalkingSutty

Reading your forum it seems quite a few are bemused that they lost to a club of Rochdales standing, that's something that I don't understand. We are competing in the same league so it's obvious we are more than capable of beating you on our day.Anybody can beat anybody in this league.

I was impressed with you lot yesterday, first half we couldn't get near you, best performance from a away team I've seen this season. Second half we decided to venture out into your half and brought on a bit of muscle, we played like we can and gave our defenders a breather.

If you don't get into the Play Offs I will be very surprised, once there i expect you to go all the way but it won't happen if you don't back the players and yesterday's shenanigans showed your support in a very bad light, crap support of the highest order. Maybe you need to show a bit more humility (as a fan base),you have no divine right to get out of this division and your fans don't deserve it more than any other clubs do they ?

I'd be very interested to know what forum you're looking at because I can assure you most Blades aren't "bemused" that you beat us in the slightest.

Don't judge our (away) support based on a few morons. We're better than that and a minority let us all down.

Not sure how much more "humility" we can show. We know we have no devine right to get out of this league. All we can do is support this club in our fifth (soon to be sixth season) down here, which we do and do in numbers few other clubs of similar size would do after this length of time and the repeated kicks in the teeth we've been given.

To expect better isn't arrogance. It's more than reasonable to expect more in return considering the backing and resources they have, and do receive.
How far we have come on 18:39 - Feb 28 with 6344 views442Dale

How far we have come on 18:17 - Feb 28 by FATTYFOULKE

Can't really say. Far as I can see not much between the teams. A Sheffield United player or still at Rochdale'

Taking aside money I'd still take a guess he'd rather be at the Lane despite everything that's happened or rather not happened since his arrival.

Point missed.

He was playing every week in a position he was thriving in amongst a set of players who were all appreciated by our admittedly small fanbase.

How far we have come on 18:43 - Feb 28 with 6314 viewsFATTYFOULKE

How far we have come on 18:16 - Feb 28 by robbowood

You have been in the top two divisons in over 100 seasons and in the bottom two divisons for only 10 (or 11 ?) seasons of which one was in the fourth tier. So you may, quite understandably, think you are currently 'mediocre'

In comparison we have been in the fourth tier for almost our entire history and I doubt few, if any, Dale fans think we are a 'mediocre league one side'. We are having one of the most successful seasons in our history on low crowds and low budgets

I can assure you the standard of football in this division is ten times better than what we saw in the division below us three seasons ago - and over the last 30 years I have witnessed plenty of 'mediocre' football in the fourth tier not least from a lot of Dale teams

If we are 'mediocre' what does that make the teams currently below us in the table. As for all the teams above us are all these teams 'mediocre' as well

In 2014 The English National Football Archive was asked to compile a "Long-Suffering Fan Index" and, after crunching data from 220,000 results since the first Football League season in 1888-9 - ranking the current 92 Football League clubs by their lack of success, and weighted by extra factors including the size of their average home crowds - we came out bottom... or top, depending on your point of view

We are definitely not 'medicore' though you are quite entitled to your view to say that we are!!!

It's all relative. Mediocre by standards I'd expect of any Sheffield United side.

Obviously you'll see that as some sort of slur on Rochdale but that would be pretending there should be no difference in our expectations and yours.
How far we have come on 18:52 - Feb 28 with 6278 viewsTalkingSutty

How far we have come on 18:36 - Feb 28 by FATTYFOULKE

I'd be very interested to know what forum you're looking at because I can assure you most Blades aren't "bemused" that you beat us in the slightest.

Don't judge our (away) support based on a few morons. We're better than that and a minority let us all down.

Not sure how much more "humility" we can show. We know we have no devine right to get out of this league. All we can do is support this club in our fifth (soon to be sixth season) down here, which we do and do in numbers few other clubs of similar size would do after this length of time and the repeated kicks in the teeth we've been given.

To expect better isn't arrogance. It's more than reasonable to expect more in return considering the backing and resources they have, and do receive.

A few posts I was reading last evening on your forum revealed much bemusement. Anyway, some of my comments are tongue in cheek.

I agree with your last point, in that respect you should be walking the league and if you can replicate yesterday's first half performance more often you could still be in for a successful season.

You seem to have a disconnection between the Club and the Supporters. One advantage of being a smaller Club is we tend to be one big happy family. Like a marriage made in heaven really.

[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 18:56]
How far we have come on 18:59 - Feb 28 with 6249 views442Dale

How far we have come on 18:52 - Feb 28 by TalkingSutty

A few posts I was reading last evening on your forum revealed much bemusement. Anyway, some of my comments are tongue in cheek.

I agree with your last point, in that respect you should be walking the league and if you can replicate yesterday's first half performance more often you could still be in for a successful season.

You seem to have a disconnection between the Club and the Supporters. One advantage of being a smaller Club is we tend to be one big happy family. Like a marriage made in heaven really.

[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 18:56]

Yeah, you won't hear us moaning...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024