Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread 16:33 - Jun 15 with 20057 viewsjackharris

Kick Off - 2pm GMT
Venue - Lens House 33,000
France

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 20:20 - Jun 16 with 2194 viewsplasjack

We did ok for 91 minutes, but the difference in class did us in the end, but draw or beat Russia and we will join England in the next round.
The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 20:22 - Jun 16 with 2190 viewstrampie

So near yet so far for Wales, onward and upwards all to play for on Monday.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 20:27 - Jun 16 with 2163 viewsjedijack

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 18:51 - Jun 16 by perchrockjack

Yep, when you ve nowt to say bring in the family. I've never done that to you Darren. You need to understand when you go over the line.

Monny. Why Liverpool?

We watched it in bar 100 per cent English and wasn't good

You come on here looking for a reaction.

FFS stop moaning when you get one, or two, or three.

Or better still, act your age
[Post edited 16 Jun 2016 20:28]
The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 20:34 - Jun 16 with 2136 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 16:07 - Jun 16 by perchrockjack

We re simply an average side with one world class player.

We ve gotten rather carried away.

Russia will beat us

The epitomy of negative.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 21:00 - Jun 16 with 2046 viewsjackrabbit

I've suffered enough Welsh defeats over the years not to be too surprised at today's outcome. Wales have always been unable to field a full team of international standard players. We've had world class talent in the past - Cliff Jones, Ivor Allchurch, John Charles, Ian Rush - but they've always played in teams with other, lesser but still good, players, but supplemented by make-weights - journeymen from the lower leagues. When we can field a team of 11 Premier League (or better) players, I'll start to get excited.

I saw a Welsh team this afternoon with appalling skill levels - unable to string 3 passes together, and very rarely stringing 2 passes together. These are professional players ffs. Aaron Ramsey to his credit was the only Welsh player who showed any individual skill on the ball.

Play like that and we wouldn't beat Burkino Faso, let alone Russia, in the next game. We have a Ferrari and we keep it on the forecourt and don't use it. I can usually always take something from a game. But with the exception of Bale's free kick, I took nothing from that game.
The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 21:25 - Jun 16 with 1997 viewsplasjack

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 21:00 - Jun 16 by jackrabbit

I've suffered enough Welsh defeats over the years not to be too surprised at today's outcome. Wales have always been unable to field a full team of international standard players. We've had world class talent in the past - Cliff Jones, Ivor Allchurch, John Charles, Ian Rush - but they've always played in teams with other, lesser but still good, players, but supplemented by make-weights - journeymen from the lower leagues. When we can field a team of 11 Premier League (or better) players, I'll start to get excited.

I saw a Welsh team this afternoon with appalling skill levels - unable to string 3 passes together, and very rarely stringing 2 passes together. These are professional players ffs. Aaron Ramsey to his credit was the only Welsh player who showed any individual skill on the ball.

Play like that and we wouldn't beat Burkino Faso, let alone Russia, in the next game. We have a Ferrari and we keep it on the forecourt and don't use it. I can usually always take something from a game. But with the exception of Bale's free kick, I took nothing from that game.

Got to agree the difference in class and pace is to much for us.
The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 22:45 - Jun 16 with 1869 viewsphact0rri

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 20:20 - Jun 16 by plasjack

We did ok for 91 minutes, but the difference in class did us in the end, but draw or beat Russia and we will join England in the next round.

I dunno, I kind of favour Slovakia to get one over on the english. Nothing is nailed on in our group.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 22:54 - Jun 16 with 1846 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 16:12 - Jun 16 by Oldjack

We won't sit back and defend like we did today we'll attack ,we'll beat those Russians

I'm afraid we don't seem to have anything to attack with going by that performance. They asked a lot of questions of us up front and midfield we had no answers.

Reminded me of a boxer on the ropes for most of the match...all we could do was take it and hope for the bell.

Coleman has got to change tactics for the Russians...remember folks,one point should do it.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 23:29 - Jun 16 with 1805 viewsdameedna

Why would we change tactics when we came within 2 minutes of a point?

Good performance unlucky not to get something.
The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 23:30 - Jun 16 with 1803 viewsPozuelosSideys

The plan was always going to involve parking the bus, not sure why people are suprised.

Wouldnt read too much in to that game, i doubt we will be so negative against Russia

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 23:38 - Jun 16 with 1792 viewsairedale

Fair play to England though, you didn't see Bale all game in open play. Job done Woy. Good manager imho.
The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 23:43 - Jun 16 with 1783 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 23:38 - Jun 16 by airedale

Fair play to England though, you didn't see Bale all game in open play. Job done Woy. Good manager imho.

Didn't see him last game either - do we bring him on just to take free kicks?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 00:07 - Jun 17 with 1755 viewsbuilthjack

You know what? I still think we will go as far as England.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 00:21 - Jun 17 with 1743 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 00:07 - Jun 17 by builthjack

You know what? I still think we will go as far as England.

yes, we should both be home soon.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 03:13 - Jun 17 with 1681 viewsWanderer

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 20:05 - Jun 16 by taffpunk

As an outsider on this board, I have to agree, Ramsey was awesome, motm for Wales by a mile.

Agree I was very impressed by Ramsey, he stuck at it admirably, mind you couldn't miss him on the pitch with that peroxide do.
The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 03:18 - Jun 17 with 1680 viewsWanderer

What if that last header by Bale at the death was inside the woodwork, would Joe bigmouth tosspot Hart have saved it?
That one slid me off the couch onto the floor with a face palm F**k
The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 05:16 - Jun 17 with 1652 viewsdameedna

Group is still open for all teams which is not bad.
The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 08:26 - Jun 17 with 1560 viewsepaul

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 14:54 - Jun 16 by yescomeon

Whos is that, fückung class!

It's Stuart C's sometimes posts as Islington Jack, great bloke

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 08:39 - Jun 17 with 1548 viewsEdmundo

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 20:12 - Jun 16 by monmouth

Indeed. Lost the battle can still win the war. Would have settled for this after 2 games before the tournament. We need to keep those russians on the back foot though. Another 90 minutes Alamo is unlikely to do the job.

It would be deemed a sucessful tournament if we got out of this group and then failed valiantly at the next round.

England will probably be quarter finalists/semis, but I fancy Italy to win it👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 08:48 - Jun 17 with 1537 viewsjojaca

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 21:00 - Jun 16 by jackrabbit

Northern Ireland played similar to us the first game and lost, yesterday they made five changes and changed to attacking 4-3-3 and were rewarded with 2-0 win. We should do something similar, seriously players can't enjoying playing negative defensive football. We have a Ferrari in the team, so lets get it on the road and not parked up in the garage.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 08:49 - Jun 17 with 1533 viewsSgorioFruit

We feared England, simply put it.
Sat back and watched, playing scared against players that we come up against every week in the league.
Yes ok they have more pace but why did we watch them? Why didnt we stick the boot in? Why did we watch them walk the ball into our area? Why did we sit back and say yes your england come and have a crack. Stick the effing boot in.
Hugely dissapointed after that.
Too afraid to see the game out, especially that last goal, simply allowed to sit outside the box on his own without being challenged.

Bag of shit.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2016 8:51]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 08:57 - Jun 17 with 1519 viewsperchrockjack

Seems jackrabbit and I seem to feel the same.

Epitome .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 09:35 - Jun 17 with 1479 viewsyescomeon

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 08:26 - Jun 17 by epaul

It's Stuart C's sometimes posts as Islington Jack, great bloke

Wales, Swansea City, Twin Town. It's like a who's who of my favourite things. Seems I'm not alone either...

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/this-was-single-handedly-the-best-fan-fl

Upthecity!

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 09:37 - Jun 17 with 1472 viewsraynor94

That Sir, was a perfect summing up

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Wales Versus England Euro 2016 Match Thread on 10:15 - Jun 17 with 1436 viewsSgorioFruit

if we fail to get out of the group stage then it will be because we were too scared of England

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024