Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances 17:43 - Aug 7 with 2492 viewsDalenet

http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/News/Article/46084

Surely we could have done the same. Get some of the post graduates from the Business School to help. They get the experience and we get free insight and ideas
Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 01:03 - Aug 8 with 2233 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

This suggestion was put forward a few years back (R17 and Col may recall). It pretty much fell on deaf ears at the club.
Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 09:43 - Aug 8 with 2117 viewsD_Alien

That's a brilliant initiative by Hornets. Will be interesting to see if their gates improve as a result. It'd be a perfect test case for us to adopt the same approach.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 09:54 - Aug 8 with 2098 viewsKenBoon

'The RFLC' seem to be blossoming since The 'AFC' took ownership of the Stadium. I assume their budget has increased as a result. Some very good forward thinking.
Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 10:51 - Aug 8 with 2039 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's vital that Dale and Hornets "get on" and prosper in respective sports.

Their contribution cannot be under-estimated with our own poor crowds.

And,they keep on winning!
Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 14:00 - Aug 8 with 1894 viewsBraemar60

Hornets currently second in the Super 8s table, four points ahead of third placed Barrow. Another very good result yesterday beating Keighley 18-4 but only 510 there to see it.
Attendances are certainly in need of a boost for Hornets and Dale but I'm not convinced the mindset of people will be changed no matter how many letters after their names these post grads have.
Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 14:14 - Aug 8 with 1871 viewsmingthemerciless

Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 14:00 - Aug 8 by Braemar60

Hornets currently second in the Super 8s table, four points ahead of third placed Barrow. Another very good result yesterday beating Keighley 18-4 but only 510 there to see it.
Attendances are certainly in need of a boost for Hornets and Dale but I'm not convinced the mindset of people will be changed no matter how many letters after their names these post grads have.

Followers of both codes will know how hard it is to get people through the turnstiles. Especially at this time of year. Yesterday had the cricket boiling up nicely and the Charity Shield, both on TV. Getting people to put money into the club instead of a dodgy Sky box and 6 cans of Stella isn't easy.
Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 15:20 - Aug 8 with 1816 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 14:14 - Aug 8 by mingthemerciless

Followers of both codes will know how hard it is to get people through the turnstiles. Especially at this time of year. Yesterday had the cricket boiling up nicely and the Charity Shield, both on TV. Getting people to put money into the club instead of a dodgy Sky box and 6 cans of Stella isn't easy.

True Ming........the same Skybox and Stella users would have been slumped by their TVs on Saturday and seen Dale go down to a late late defeat and thought "Typical Dale,don't think I'll bother"
Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 15:28 - Aug 8 with 1807 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 14:00 - Aug 8 by Braemar60

The big one over in France in a couple of weeks. Hopefully a fairer crack of the whip from the officials than Hornets got at Spotland.
Login to get fewer ads

Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 15:39 - Aug 8 with 1785 viewsDomDale

Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 14:14 - Aug 8 by mingthemerciless

Whilst I picked Dale AFC and stuck by them I'm guilty of a spot of glory hunting when it comes to Rugby League. Most of my RL consumption so far has been to watch Super League sides on telly or live. Having said that on the occasions I've watched Hornets live I have enjoyed it. The RL club seem to be more open to trying new things to attract fans than the FC. I understand they sell group tickets (in six match packages from memory) , had online ticketing way before the FC too. Makes me wonder why the FC doesn't nick the odd idea from the RL of the take up is good.
Whether you like RL or not I think the better Hornets perform the better it is for the FC , especially so now the stadium is wholly owned by the FC. Think of the drink and food reciepts if Hornets go up. They could have the like of Bradford, Leeds, Oldham, Halifax all visiting.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 16:32 - Aug 8 with 1734 viewsmingthemerciless

Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 15:39 - Aug 8 by DomDale

Whilst I picked Dale AFC and stuck by them I'm guilty of a spot of glory hunting when it comes to Rugby League. Most of my RL consumption so far has been to watch Super League sides on telly or live. Having said that on the occasions I've watched Hornets live I have enjoyed it. The RL club seem to be more open to trying new things to attract fans than the FC. I understand they sell group tickets (in six match packages from memory) , had online ticketing way before the FC too. Makes me wonder why the FC doesn't nick the odd idea from the RL of the take up is good.
Whether you like RL or not I think the better Hornets perform the better it is for the FC , especially so now the stadium is wholly owned by the FC. Think of the drink and food reciepts if Hornets go up. They could have the like of Bradford, Leeds, Oldham, Halifax all visiting.

Rugby League has always had good ideas. Rugby Union has " borrowed " a lot of them.

This season Hornets have a reversible away shirt - you can also wear it inside out. So fans get two away shirts in one. I thought that was a great idea.

I'd like to see the sin bin in football. How many times have you seen a game ruined by a harsh sending off ? 10 or 15 minutes in the sin bin would be more appropriate lots of times.

One thing I would take from football is the kick off after scoring. The team that has just conceded should retain possession from the kick off.

In RL you see team A score. Team B kicks off to team A and inside a few tackles team A score again.

It's a poor rule.
Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 00:10 - Aug 10 with 1456 viewsmikehunt

Is it RL that has a timekeeper? So when the ball is dead the clock stops? That's what I'd like to see in footie.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 08:37 - Aug 10 with 1381 viewsmingthemerciless

Good approach by Hornets to get help to boost attendances on 00:10 - Aug 10 by mikehunt

Is it RL that has a timekeeper? So when the ball is dead the clock stops? That's what I'd like to see in footie.

Yeah both clubs have a timekeeper at the game. They are the ones who are jointly responsible for the time clock. They start and and stop the clock in response to the referees signals. For instance if the referee thinks a goal kicker is taking too long to prepare for a kick at goal he'll signal to the time keepers to stop the clock.

They blow the Klaxon to signal that the 40 and 80 minutes are up. Play can go on then until the ball is next deemed " dead " by the referee. Either if the player in possession is tackled or the ball is kicked off the pitch etc. I can't recall many if any disputes about the amount of time played in an RL match.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2016 8:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024