Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top sitcoms of the 21st century 15:53 - Aug 23 with 8371 viewsmacro

1) Mrs browns boys - I like it
2) the office - I hated it
3) Peter Kay car share - Peter Kay never really fails
4) count Arthur strong - ???
5) the it crowd - passable

Gavin & Stacey, Phoenix nights, black books I like as well.
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:11 - Aug 23 with 4702 viewsSaxonDale

The Office for me is head and shoulders the best comedy series of the last 16 years. Genuine laugh out loud stuff for the entire 2 series. The Brent film disappointed me a bit, thought it lacked the depth in characters and relied too much on Brent. Although DB was no doubt the star of the original office, it wouldn't have had half the success without the support characters of Gareth, Tim, Keith etc.

Don't get how Carshare has beaten Phoenix Nights either, although enjoyable, don't think anything Peter Kay has done since has matched Phoenix Nights.
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:15 - Aug 23 with 4695 viewsmacro

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:11 - Aug 23 by SaxonDale

The Office for me is head and shoulders the best comedy series of the last 16 years. Genuine laugh out loud stuff for the entire 2 series. The Brent film disappointed me a bit, thought it lacked the depth in characters and relied too much on Brent. Although DB was no doubt the star of the original office, it wouldn't have had half the success without the support characters of Gareth, Tim, Keith etc.

Don't get how Carshare has beaten Phoenix Nights either, although enjoyable, don't think anything Peter Kay has done since has matched Phoenix Nights.

just didn't get into the office, couldn't stand Brent, gave it a good go but never smiled once. Porridge is my favourite sitcom I think of all, hoping the reboot this weekend at least has some funny bits.
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:22 - Aug 23 with 4677 viewsChaffRAFC

Mrs Browns Boys is ok, my Mum used to love it but number one? Nowhere near. Phoenix Nights should win this chart hands down. It was genuinely genius. I'd even have Max and Paddy in the top 5 as well. I enjoyed Car Share but it's not a patch on his other work.

The Office was excellent and fully deserving of a place in the top 5. Royle Family and Only Fools and Horses would have been on the list but I associate Royle Family with the 90's and OFAH's 21st Century episodes aren't good enough to get it in the list.

The one that's missing, and should be very high on the list, is Early Doors. How the hell can it not be? It's genius. I've never heard of Count Arthur Strong and it's better than anything else in the list as well. The scene with Tommy describing his new job is up there with the very best British comedy moments of all time.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:27 - Aug 23 with 4667 viewschalkyncfc

Car share was absolutely brilliant, the dogging episode had me laughing for ages afterwards,Early Doors is also something that I can watch time and time again,don't watch any American comedies bar Big Bang Theory which is way better than most yank stuff
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:36 - Aug 23 with 4651 viewsJumeirahDale

Both versions of the Office would be up there for me. Completely different shows but both brilliant in their own way. Just looked at a BBC poll from 2008 that put The Office at number 25 behind My Family! Jesus wept...

Phoenix Nights obviously.

Then if we can count shows that "straddled" the millenium then Royle Family and I'm Alan Partridge would finish off the list. Otherwise it would be Gavin and Stacey and Peep Show
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:41 - Aug 23 with 4644 viewsdingdangblue

Early Doors : Genius
I really liked How not to live your life and also Extras and Him and Her.
Having not seen the list I dont know if they are on it?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:44 - Aug 23 with 4638 viewsmacro

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:27 - Aug 23 by chalkyncfc

Car share was absolutely brilliant, the dogging episode had me laughing for ages afterwards,Early Doors is also something that I can watch time and time again,don't watch any American comedies bar Big Bang Theory which is way better than most yank stuff

The last series of Big Bang was struggling on occasions just seemed to have lost a bit of zing.

I'm hoping that the new series of red dwarf are funny, here's hoping!
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:45 - Aug 23 with 4636 viewsmacro

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:41 - Aug 23 by dingdangblue

Early Doors : Genius
I really liked How not to live your life and also Extras and Him and Her.
Having not seen the list I dont know if they are on it?

No not on the list

http://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/mrs-browns-boys-named-best-sitcom-of-
Login to get fewer ads

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 17:02 - Aug 23 with 4608 viewsKenBoon

I remember when Men behaving badly was voted best BBC sitcom.
And when that Little Britain diving board sketch was voted funniest.
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 17:03 - Aug 23 with 4602 viewsBartRowou

The survey was done for Radio Times readers so it's always going to be biased towards that readership.

Count Arthur Strong on TV is ok but much much funnier on radio (where a lot of the best comedies begin).

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 17:05 - Aug 23 with 4600 viewschalkyncfc

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:44 - Aug 23 by macro

The last series of Big Bang was struggling on occasions just seemed to have lost a bit of zing.

I'm hoping that the new series of red dwarf are funny, here's hoping!

Red Dwarf got to a slow start for me,it only really got good from when Kryten (Mk2) came into the show and the script got better,the last series wasn't that good imo and the esisodes with the canned laughter in just spoilt it

Blackadder is also a thing of genius, each series better than the last
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 17:23 - Aug 23 with 4562 viewslyberoc

can,t stand Mrs Browns Boys or the Office, peter Kay raises a mild chuckle at best, never heard of count Arthur strong but quite like the It crowd, others not mentioned but memorable would be Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, Nighty Night, Tittybangbang, Gavin and Stacey and This is Jinsy,

[Post edited 23 Aug 2016 17:46]
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 17:26 - Aug 23 with 4549 views442Dale

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:22 - Aug 23 by ChaffRAFC

Mrs Browns Boys is ok, my Mum used to love it but number one? Nowhere near. Phoenix Nights should win this chart hands down. It was genuinely genius. I'd even have Max and Paddy in the top 5 as well. I enjoyed Car Share but it's not a patch on his other work.

The Office was excellent and fully deserving of a place in the top 5. Royle Family and Only Fools and Horses would have been on the list but I associate Royle Family with the 90's and OFAH's 21st Century episodes aren't good enough to get it in the list.

The one that's missing, and should be very high on the list, is Early Doors. How the hell can it not be? It's genius. I've never heard of Count Arthur Strong and it's better than anything else in the list as well. The scene with Tommy describing his new job is up there with the very best British comedy moments of all time.

Early Doors is almost perfect. It was that good that you wanted to drink in that pub every night.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 17:28 - Aug 23 with 4549 viewsFrog

Count Arthur Strong was funny on the radio. Best all time comedy for me is Rising Damp, every character is brilliantly cast and the script hasn't aged in 40 years . Mrs Brown's Boys? Rather never watch TV again than that cr@p
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 17:50 - Aug 23 with 4514 viewsMoonyDale

In no particular order.....

Derek.
Man Down.
Car Share.
Early Doors.
Phoenix Nights..........

As for The Office.........Would rather have my eyes peeled and soaked in lemon juice than watch that arse gravy.........

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 18:06 - Aug 23 with 4486 viewsdingdangblue

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 17:26 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

Early Doors is almost perfect. It was that good that you wanted to drink in that pub every night.

Pub quiz episode.

Pickles.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 18:26 - Aug 23 with 4459 viewsArthurDaley

This is going back years, Coupling, Following the lives of Jane, Sally, Susan, Patrick, Steve and Jeff, played by the wonderful Richard Coyle. It is everything todays so called sitcoms are not, its bloody funny . Closely followed by the Worst Week of my Life. Both staring the lovely Sarah Alexander.
It must be my age but todays sitcoms are just not funny. Unfortunately I think Peter Kay is about as funny as having a colonoscopy.

A large VAT Dave

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 18:41 - Aug 23 with 4436 viewsdingdangblue

@MrShaneTelford

Mrs Brown's Boys has been voted best sitcom of the century? That's the first time it has actually made me laugh.

Very good.

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 19:01 - Aug 23 with 4406 viewsD_Alien

I can't watch Mrs Browns Boys, and The Office was amusing rather than funny

There's rarely an episode of anything by Peter Kay that doesn't include at least one laugh out loud scene, so take your pick

One to watch - Fleabag, on Sunday nights

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 19:33 - Aug 23 with 4347 viewsNigeriamark

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 16:36 - Aug 23 by JumeirahDale

Both versions of the Office would be up there for me. Completely different shows but both brilliant in their own way. Just looked at a BBC poll from 2008 that put The Office at number 25 behind My Family! Jesus wept...

Phoenix Nights obviously.

Then if we can count shows that "straddled" the millenium then Royle Family and I'm Alan Partridge would finish off the list. Otherwise it would be Gavin and Stacey and Peep Show

Glad someone else likes peep show. My missus doesn't like it but I love it
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 19:52 - Aug 23 with 4301 viewsmoth5368

Peep show, early doors & extras probably my favourites of recent times.
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 20:04 - Aug 23 with 4272 viewschalkyncfc

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 18:06 - Aug 23 by dingdangblue

Pub quiz episode.

Pickles.

Hard to pick a favorite episode as they are all top quality, the two coppers in the back was great,the trip to the races and stripclub also stand out (inch high private eye priceless) but the birthday party esisode when Kens daughter's dad get his comeuppance is both funny and sad

Nobby Stiles!
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 22:23 - Aug 23 with 4135 viewsSandyman

Phoenix Nights, Royle Family, Early Doors are the tops , respectful nods to Black Books and Outnumbered.

Arthur Strong was annoying on Radio 4 and should never have got to TV. Gervais has a point but it's not really funny. TV comedy could have done with more John Shuttleworth.

Americans? Big Bang Theory is excellent. and, at least, it's stopped C4/E4/More4 repeating Friends Ad Infinitum for something far funnier.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2016 22:28]
Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 23:06 - Aug 23 with 4084 viewsTVOS1907

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 17:26 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

Did you ever go in the Royal Oak?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Top sitcoms of the 21st century on 23:14 - Aug 23 with 4073 viewsrich_dale

Pulling hasn't been mentioned but I thought was quality. Aside from that, for me Peep Show, Phoenix Nights, The Office and Early Doors. Tweeted earlier that Mrs Brown's Boys being voted top of the pile reminded me of when Shaddap You Face kept Vienna off the number 1 spot
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024