Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 19:59 - Sep 7 with 9701 viewsBasingstokeR

Anyone watching the stream?

All getting very awkward at the moment!
Fans Forum on 11:54 - Sep 8 with 3139 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 11:49 - Sep 8 by 1MoreBrightonR

i did see the invite from the club on the website about registering interest in attending the fans forum and i did nothing, so i get Clive's point about the same old faces. As a result, i am going to do my best to register for the next one...stand up and be counted...

Mate of mine who posts on here just sent them an e-mail a few days before and asked if he could come, straight in no problem. Hoos wants different people there.
Fans Forum on 11:59 - Sep 8 with 3124 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

Fans Forum on 22:49 - Sep 7 by simmo

That was me actually, 'heckling', if that's what you want to call it. Btw I'm 31 and while I don't remember enough about Frank Sibley to appreciate his 'case study', I do remember the same digs at the club being levelled in the last fans forum, and from the minutes at the last fan/club meeting.

Ultimately I am fcking bored of fans deciding that after years and years of QPR being shit, being run appallingly by people that are disconnected from the true fanbase, etc and not providing a proper platform to address issues, it really grinds my gears that fans still have a dig at the club for things that (IMO) they're starting to address. Especially to people like Lee and Les who are (again IMO) the best thing to happen to QPR in fckin years.

How many people that have been to games regularly in the last 12 months haven't seen either a Stan Bowles or 1976 celebration, or both? Was I not there for Stan Bowles day when he was (rightly) celebrated and money was raised? I know that teams like everton have shamed us over the years when it comes to things like acknowledging former players, but we've made huge strides as a club to address and rectify those kind of issues and spending another 10 minutes having ANOTHER pop at the club during a Q&A forum was frustrating, and I wasn't the only one to think so.

The guy had a dig at me after for not getting on the mic myself, among other things, but as I explained, apart from being actually pleased that the board, media and playing staff are finally doing things as I'd wished they did for a lot of the last 5-10 years, I didn't have anything, positive or negative, that I could put into a QUESTION as to make it appropriate to the format. Hence why I took the time after to speak to Les personally and thank him for the work he's doing and wish him all the best, rather than waste everyone else's time.

Well said
Fans Forum on 12:12 - Sep 8 with 3105 viewsrobith

Fans Forum on 23:47 - Sep 7 by Northernr

The majority of it is actually questions that have been submitted in advance by e-mail, Twitter, Facebook etc which Paul Morrissey reads out while the room sits and listens. That goes on for about 45 minutes. Then there's q and a in the room after, which is usually where it goes awry. Perhaps people should be limited by time, get up and ask your question. Quite often it turns into somebody talking for a very long period of time and it's not really clear what the question was.

So it's basically like every public q&a ever.

Been to a few actor and director ones which are the worst for this. Someone gets up and recites an incoherent essay of their thoughts and opinions, while the guys sit there thinking "what is the question?"

Basically members of the public shouldn't be given microphones
[Post edited 8 Sep 2016 12:13]
Fans Forum on 12:33 - Sep 8 with 3055 viewsrsonist

Fans Forum on 12:12 - Sep 8 by robith

So it's basically like every public q&a ever.

Been to a few actor and director ones which are the worst for this. Someone gets up and recites an incoherent essay of their thoughts and opinions, while the guys sit there thinking "what is the question?"

Basically members of the public shouldn't be given microphones
[Post edited 8 Sep 2016 12:13]

Unfortunately true. From what I saw of previous Fan Forums during times when the club had plenty to be called to account for, it was tremendously frustrating to hear people unable to articulate queries in a way that couldn't be easily swatted aside by any half-professional BS merchant. Either that or focusing on unbelievably trivial issues that were often already covered under wider aspects. Poor listeners poorly informed.
Fans Forum on 13:20 - Sep 8 with 2929 viewsDorse

All questions should be printed onto T-shirts in advance and those in attendance can simply stand up wearing them.

No need to thank me.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fans Forum on 13:37 - Sep 8 with 2892 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 13:20 - Sep 8 by Dorse

All questions should be printed onto T-shirts in advance and those in attendance can simply stand up wearing them.

No need to thank me.

All questions should be delivered as a rhyming couplet, and it must rhyme with the couplet that was asked before yours. If your question doesn't fit into a rhyming couplet, or doesn't rhyme with the couplet beforehand, you can't ask it.
Fans Forum on 14:16 - Sep 8 with 2816 viewsqpr1976

Fans Forum on 23:06 - Sep 7 by wombat

Simmo wasn't just you a fair few did of all ages in fact . Good shout ou for and spare tickets for a beer though lol . They are trying to mix the people attending up at these events but as Clive said the same people will still attend as others don't bother going even when invited . Do like the way the board come across these days with there honest answers .

The cost of the stickers on the back of your seat came to 13k , with the club looking to cut costs I can live without mine, if others want one pay the club say 3 quid and I'm sure they can produce one and stick it on your seat for this moment you can't remember where you have sat for the last 20 years

So did it cost £13k to put the names on our seats, or £13k to remove the names from our seats, or £13k to maintain/repair/replace the names from our seats ?

Because, mine wasn't damaged, it was still intact and relevant to me and likewise the group I sit with. So it was a pointless exercise and not cost effective to remove it ?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2016 14:27]
Fans Forum on 14:25 - Sep 8 with 2794 viewsLongsufferingR

Fans Forum on 13:20 - Sep 8 by Dorse

No need to thank me.

...or maybe to keep everyone on their toes, we should have a Two Ronnies Mastermind type set-up and the panel should answer the question before last.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum on 14:29 - Sep 8 with 2785 viewswombat

Fans Forum on 14:16 - Sep 8 by qpr1976

So did it cost £13k to put the names on our seats, or £13k to remove the names from our seats, or £13k to maintain/repair/replace the names from our seats ?

Because, mine wasn't damaged, it was still intact and relevant to me and likewise the group I sit with. So it was a pointless exercise and not cost effective to remove it ?

cost to update them with the new badge , suppose they want the new badge branding to go in all aspects of the ground

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fans Forum on 15:21 - Sep 8 with 2685 viewsPinnerPaul

Fans Forum on 14:16 - Sep 8 by qpr1976

I'm Mr Hoos & everyone else will be very happy to engage in a half hour discussion on it at the next FF.

It would have cost even more go round and remove only those who no longer were using their seat in any case.
Fans Forum on 01:29 - Sep 9 with 2440 viewsNorthernr

There's the write up anyway

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/43764
Fans Forum on 01:55 - Sep 9 with 2431 viewsBoston

Fans Forum on 23:07 - Sep 7 by Stanisgod

Did you ask how the striker training is going

Train strikes y'say, I believe they're proceeding as per normal?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 1:56]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fans Forum on 08:03 - Sep 9 with 2387 viewsbaz_qpr

Hoos took one for the team there, not his decision, had to defend it. People who made that decision failed to understand as beautifully illustrated by one of the ladies speaking the difference a small touch like that makes especially to the kids.Would pay the extra £5 myself when paying out over a grand in season ticket prices
[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 8:06]
Fans Forum on 13:25 - Sep 9 with 2300 viewssimmo

https://twitter.com/RantingJohnQPR

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fans Forum on 13:57 - Sep 9 with 2266 views18StoneOfHoop

Fans Forum on 13:25 - Sep 9 by simmo

Is that the inventive LOLLed-so-hard-I-fell-off-my-chair topical cutting edge of QPR fans satire or something,simmo?
'Cos I'm finding it as funny as necrotising faciitis.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Fans Forum on 14:00 - Sep 9 with 2204 viewsDorse

Fans Forum on 13:25 - Sep 9 by simmo

What. A. Helmet.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fans Forum on 14:18 - Sep 9 with 2178 viewssimmo

Fans Forum on 14:00 - Sep 9 by Dorse

What. A. Helmet.

To be fair, that's clearly not him. It looks like someone created a troll account.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 14:55]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fans Forum on 14:41 - Sep 9 with 2148 viewsqprxtc

Always easy to criticise and mock. At the very least John has the courage of his convictions and he's doing it for the good and love of QPR. Not his gain or glory. Fair play to him.

For anyone that reads A Kick Up the R's his articles about Rangers players and history are among the best you'll get. People could do worse than to read them and gain some knowledge about they club they support.
Fans Forum on 16:17 - Sep 9 with 2076 views18StoneOfHoop

Fans Forum on 14:41 - Sep 9 by qprxtc

Always easy to criticise and mock. At the very least John has the courage of his convictions and he's doing it for the good and love of QPR. Not his gain or glory. Fair play to him.

For anyone that reads A Kick Up the R's his articles about Rangers players and history are among the best you'll get. People could do worse than to read them and gain some knowledge about they club they support.

As clear as mud ,xtc.
RantingJohn has to be a not very good,completely mirthless parody,innit? Surely the bloke in AKUTR's is John Honney who joined this board what 6 months/a year ago after being on the slightly anal pedantic grammar schooley Dot Org before.
Totally confused off Askew Road.
Please someone clear this up for me..
is it Jihadi John? HE is a Rangers fan after all,innit?

[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 16:19]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Fans Forum on 22:34 - Sep 9 with 1967 viewsRoller

Fans Forum on 16:17 - Sep 9 by 18StoneOfHoop

As clear as mud ,xtc.
RantingJohn has to be a not very good,completely mirthless parody,innit? Surely the bloke in AKUTR's is John Honney who joined this board what 6 months/a year ago after being on the slightly anal pedantic grammar schooley Dot Org before.
Totally confused off Askew Road.
Please someone clear this up for me..
is it Jihadi John? HE is a Rangers fan after all,innit?

[Post edited 9 Sep 2016 16:19]

I assume that you mean John O'Mahony.

Whatever you think of his rationale, you can't doubt his conviction.
Fans Forum on 01:16 - Sep 10 with 1916 views18StoneOfHoop

Fans Forum on 22:34 - Sep 9 by Roller

I assume that you mean John O'Mahony.

Whatever you think of his rationale, you can't doubt his conviction.

Thanks Roller you're dead right. I got confused.

John O'Mahony is excellent; well-researched,wise and
knows-his-Hoops-history learned in AKUTR's.

My apologies to John Honneywood (spelling?),a lively vibrant poster but not an AKUTR'S staple.
WholeLotta John's out there in the QPR cyber space and I'm pretty clueless really.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2016 4:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024