Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Writing Bradley Off 10:23 - Oct 5 with 4923 viewsUppa_Swans

I was as disappointed as anyone with the board's treatment of Guidolin, but equally the way some are writing Bradley off before he's even started is odd.

Many are saying he hasn't achieved anything, but to an extent you obviously have to be 'given' opportunities. It's only now, almost 20 years into the 21st century, that a large portion of the US national team ply their trade in Europe. The chances will be even slimmer for managers.

Say what you want about MLS but Bradley won numerous honours there. He turned the fortunes around for both Stabaek and Le Havre, narrowly missing out on promotion with the latter last year. He's also had some pretty useful experience of managing national teams; it's worth remembering the US came on leaps and bounds in his time at the helm.

None of the other candidates nor Guidolin himself have managed an international side. Egypt are also one of the top-performing African nations, so it's not as if he was in charge of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

I am 99% sure that if Bradley were Spanish, German, Italian or any other nationality that isn't American he would have been given a job in a European top flight long before this.

Bradley may not be some master tactician, but it's quite clear he's well-versed in that side of things but crucially also in motivational terms too. I thought Guidolin's tactics were pretty spot on most of the time, but apart from being let down by poor players he didn't really connect with the squad. If you can't communicate with the squad even the best tactics fall on deaf ears.

Of course, there will be an element of marketing in the decision to appoint him, but you'd struggle to find a footballing decision that wasn't motivated in part by the PR/commercial side of things in this day and age.
Writing Bradley Off on 10:36 - Oct 5 with 3753 viewsLord_Bony

Thats all very well but why did we get rid of a perfectly good manager to take a chance on this guy?

The decision was premature and unnecessary at this stage.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Writing Bradley Off on 10:37 - Oct 5 with 3750 viewsmax936

Let down by poor players, those players are still here though, he's not gonna be able to change that, mentality, commitment and fitness maybe, but they'll still be the same players.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Writing Bradley Off on 10:38 - Oct 5 with 3736 viewsjack247

It's just a case of giving him a chance now, we don't have any other option. If it works, fantastic.

His career to date has been underwhelming, even if he is well thought of at Stabaek and Le Harve. I'm coming round to the realisation we will have to give him a clean slate and judge him on what he does for us. If he is successful, he will be loved here. If he falls flat on his face, I hope the board treat him the same way they did Guidolin
Writing Bradley Off on 10:44 - Oct 5 with 3714 viewsmax936

Writing Bradley Off on 10:36 - Oct 5 by Lord_Bony

Thats all very well but why did we get rid of a perfectly good manager to take a chance on this guy?

Spot on LB, he needed more time things looked to be coming together, this International window came at the wrong time for Guidolin and the board took the opportunity to swing the axe.

Hope Bob can continue with the improvements, but its not gonna be easy, I will add its not his fault either.

Writing Bradley Off on 10:46 - Oct 5 with 3709 viewsjack247

Writing Bradley Off on 10:37 - Oct 5 by max936

Let down by poor players, those players are still here though, he's not gonna be able to change that, mentality, commitment and fitness maybe, but they'll still be the same players.

I'm not convinced they will respect sergeant major style coaching from someone who never made it as a player and has been a journeyman manager for 30 odd years. These are young multimillionaires who are already set for life and know they will be able to find another club if it comes to it. It's not like coaching players who can't feed their families if they don't get a new contract. They will have to buy into his ideology. I don't like player power at all, but he is going to have to be very aware of it.
Writing Bradley Off on 10:47 - Oct 5 with 3700 viewswaynekerr55

Writing Bradley Off on 10:36 - Oct 5 by Lord_Bony

Not to mention his previous playing style is the polar opposite of the Swansea way.

Hope to be proven wrong, but I shan't be lumping significant sums on this happening

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Writing Bradley Off on 10:48 - Oct 5 with 3689 viewsvetchonian

As has been said....the issue is concern at the level at which Bob has gained his expereience. "Better" managers with more "relevant experience have struggled in the PL
and we sacked a coach who was doing "ok" and getting improvement.
In the past we have made "left field" appointments which were successful at the time but that was when we were riding the crest of the wave....now we are at a dip....the managerial appointment is key as if we are not successful we see ourselves being relegated.
Managing international sides is totally different to club sides......the players should already be "psyched" up to playing for their country and different motivational techniques can be employed to those used when you have a group of players day in day out.
The "English" game is different to Europe in terms of demands schedules espectaions.....the reason why most on here are writing him is if a "succesful" European manager like Guidolin was seen to be failing what is there that is so good about this "lesser experienced " coach do?....IT is akin to employing a coach from League 2
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 10:54]

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Writing Bradley Off on 10:49 - Oct 5 with 3683 viewsmax936

Writing Bradley Off on 10:46 - Oct 5 by jack247

I'm not convinced they will respect sergeant major style coaching from someone who never made it as a player and has been a journeyman manager for 30 odd years. These are young multimillionaires who are already set for life and know they will be able to find another club if it comes to it. It's not like coaching players who can't feed their families if they don't get a new contract. They will have to buy into his ideology. I don't like player power at all, but he is going to have to be very aware of it.

Good post, its a whole different ball game for him now, he could easily be overcome by some of the personalities in the team, he seems to be a strong willed character going by what's been said and written, we'll soon find out.

Login to get fewer ads

Writing Bradley Off on 10:53 - Oct 5 with 3666 viewsmonmouth

Boys & Girls mun. For whatever reason they've wanted Guidolin out for weeks. The improvement was merely an inconvenience. They interviewed Bradley on Friday, approached both weeks before. They've been leaking stuff (or condoning stuff) rubbishing him since Taylor had his strop (when the decision saved the game). If we'd beaten Liverpool they were still doing this.

Why? Only they know.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Writing Bradley Off on 10:56 - Oct 5 with 3647 viewsunion_jack

Writing Bradley Off on 10:44 - Oct 5 by max936

Spot on LB, he needed more time things looked to be coming together, this International window came at the wrong time for Guidolin and the board took the opportunity to swing the axe.

Hope Bob can continue with the improvements, but its not gonna be easy, I will add its not his fault either.

But he didn't get it Max.

So now we get behind Bradley and give him the chance he may(?) should have had previously.

We've got to get over Guidolin and his ill treatment and make sure Bradley knows he has our support.

'Time to move on now.

That's not all directed at you Max, but to all who are still crying over the past.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Writing Bradley Off on 10:58 - Oct 5 with 3645 viewswaynekerr55

Writing Bradley Off on 10:53 - Oct 5 by monmouth

Boys & Girls mun. For whatever reason they've wanted Guidolin out for weeks. The improvement was merely an inconvenience. They interviewed Bradley on Friday, approached both weeks before. They've been leaking stuff (or condoning stuff) rubbishing him since Taylor had his strop (when the decision saved the game). If we'd beaten Liverpool they were still doing this.

Why? Only they know.

Probably cos they're stubborn, pig headed businessmen who see fans as an inconvenience.

I hope the money is worth the grief. Sell out c*nts

Writing Bradley Off on 10:59 - Oct 5 with 3629 viewsSmellyplumz

Writing Bradley Off on 10:56 - Oct 5 by union_jack

So now we get behind Bradley and give him the chance he may(?) should have had previously.

We've got to get over Guidolin and his ill treatment and make sure Bradley knows he has our support.

'Time to move on now.

That's not all directed at you Max, but to all who are still crying over the past.

Why do we have to get over it, are you happy your club, our club has turned into the type of club that just shits on its manager? I'm not and I'll never forgive HJ for what he had done to this club and for what, his greed.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Writing Bradley Off on 11:03 - Oct 5 with 3619 viewsunion_jack

Writing Bradley Off on 10:59 - Oct 5 by Smellyplumz

Why do we have to get over it, are you happy your club, our club has turned into the type of club that just shits on its manager? I'm not and I'll never forgive HJ for what he had done to this club and for what, his greed.

Well, if we don't get over it, it will just have an adverse effect on the club as a whole.

He was ill treated, I have no doubt about that, but we have to move on. All this whining, understandable as it is, is pointless and negative. It's all done, we must move on.

I just want what's best for the club, and crying over spilt milk isn't it.

Writing Bradley Off on 11:03 - Oct 5 with 3619 viewsvetchonian

Writing Bradley Off on 10:56 - Oct 5 by union_jack

'Time to move on now.

Yes we have to move on ...BUT that doesnt mean that the anger and concern relating to this managerial change will subside easily as we all have concerns for our club.
At the end of the day its not Bobs fault he is here......that is down to our new lords and masters....and I quess most of us are still trying to understand the rationale of their actions.

More so I personally am angered at a so called set of fans who have sold us down the Tawe I hope they can sleep at night dreaming of all that money

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Writing Bradley Off on 11:08 - Oct 5 with 3596 viewsnierika

Check out @larssivertsen's Tweet:
Writing Bradley Off on 11:09 - Oct 5 with 3590 viewsmonmouth

Writing Bradley Off on 11:08 - Oct 5 by nierika

It's worth f**k all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Writing Bradley Off on 11:09 - Oct 5 with 3587 viewsunion_jack

Writing Bradley Off on 11:03 - Oct 5 by vetchonian

Yes we have to move on ...BUT that doesnt mean that the anger and concern relating to this managerial change will subside easily as we all have concerns for our club.
At the end of the day its not Bobs fault he is here......that is down to our new lords and masters....and I quess most of us are still trying to understand the rationale of their actions.

More so I personally am angered at a so called set of fans who have sold us down the Tawe I hope they can sleep at night dreaming of all that money

Well put. Our anger towards BB's appointment must not be perceived as a dislike of him. We have to get behind him and not feel guilty about FG's sacking. It wasn't our fault as fans and it's not Bradley;s fault.

Also, importantly as this site is not showing itself in the best light, the USA's fault.

We should welcome all new fans from across the pond the same way we've made our resident Texan welcome.

This could be the best thing to happen to us so let's all get on board. If it goes wrong, well we can say we gave it our best shot, we were fully supportive, so it's down to the hierarchy who won't be able to point the finger at us.

Makes sense, surely?

Writing Bradley Off on 11:11 - Oct 5 with 3575 viewsjack247

Writing Bradley Off on 11:09 - Oct 5 by union_jack

Well put. Our anger towards BB's appointment must not be perceived as a dislike of him. We have to get behind him and not feel guilty about FG's sacking. It wasn't our fault as fans and it's not Bradley;s fault.

Also, importantly as this site is not showing itself in the best light, the USA's fault.

We should welcome all new fans from across the pond the same way we've made our resident Texan welcome.

This could be the best thing to happen to us so let's all get on board. If it goes wrong, well we can say we gave it our best shot, we were fully supportive, so it's down to the hierarchy who won't be able to point the finger at us.

Makes sense, surely?

Agreed. Mainly because we don't have any other option. But still agreed.
Writing Bradley Off on 11:12 - Oct 5 with 3568 viewsLeonisGod

Writing Bradley Off on 10:53 - Oct 5 by monmouth

Why? Only they know.

Agreed. As for why, it's because it's project USA in the PL. That's fairly obvious, and I've no problem with that if it works. But the start hasn't been good: selling and not replacing 2 of our top players, ignoring the Trust, saking Guidolin irrespective of performances.
Writing Bradley Off on 11:14 - Oct 5 with 3553 viewsjack247

Writing Bradley Off on 11:08 - Oct 5 by nierika

He probably is. They thought Solskjaer was the dogs bollocks as well.
Writing Bradley Off on 11:15 - Oct 5 with 3547 viewsjackjackjackjack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/american-soccer-legend

It's Landon's fault. Or our future success is all down to Landon.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Writing Bradley Off on 11:17 - Oct 5 with 3526 viewsStarsky

Writing Bradley Off on 10:46 - Oct 5 by jack247

This is the biggest problem

It's just the internet, init.

Writing Bradley Off on 11:25 - Oct 5 with 3501 viewsDafyddHuw

Writing Bradley Off on 10:58 - Oct 5 by waynekerr55

Probably cos they're stubborn, pig headed businessmen who see fans as an inconvenience.

I hope the money is worth the grief. Sell out c*nts

Not fans - customers.
Writing Bradley Off on 11:32 - Oct 5 with 3483 viewswaynekerr55

Writing Bradley Off on 11:17 - Oct 5 by Starsky

This is the biggest problem

Seconded. How to lose players in one easy swoop. Treat them like babies. As Warwick said yesterday, it isn't the 80s anymore.

Writing Bradley Off on 12:41 - Oct 5 with 3350 viewsSmellyplumz

Writing Bradley Off on 11:03 - Oct 5 by union_jack

Well, if we don't get over it, it will just have an adverse effect on the club as a whole.

He was ill treated, I have no doubt about that, but we have to move on. All this whining, understandable as it is, is pointless and negative. It's all done, we must move on.

I just want what's best for the club, and crying over spilt milk isn't it.

Agreed I just want what is best for the club also I just don't think burying our head in the sand and hoping it works out while they wreck the club is the best plan. I do respect where you are coming from though.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024