Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How good is our Club. 16:55 - Nov 18 with 3733 viewshowy10

It amazes me to look at all the other league clubs who are currently undergoing turmoil. Take Chesterfield for example. Average gates are at least double ours, probably triple when they aren't struggling.
The only difference is that their club appears to be run as a so called "business model," whereby the chairman seems to control everything, especially the financial side by engaging in financial deals in businesses that he and his fellow directors are involved in. I really don't think that they give a damn about the club or the supporters, they are just there for businesses reasons.
Dave Allen, the ex Chesterfield Chairman, has just pulled out and left the club with no certain future. How and why did he mis-manage Chesterfield's financial affairs? As the Chairman he is surely privvy to all transactions that take place within the club itself and should make sure that no overspending takes place. Where has the money gone? I'm sure that you can work that one out for yourselves.
I can only see Bury going the same way.
Thank goodness that I support a club that cares, that doesn't overspend and doesn't fritter away money. Good on you. And good on Keith Hill, the Messiah who keeps on working miracles!
[Post edited 18 Nov 2016 17:21]
How good is our Club. on 17:29 - Nov 18 with 3653 views1949er

Did anyone ask where the alleged 6 million quid went when Hornets sold their ground to Morrisons

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

How good is our Club. on 17:57 - Nov 18 with 3586 views49thseason

How good is our Club. on 17:29 - Nov 18 by 1949er

Did anyone ask where the alleged 6 million quid went when Hornets sold their ground to Morrisons

£2.7m according to Wiki.
How good is our Club. on 18:02 - Nov 18 with 3571 viewsD_Alien

I'm sure someone asked a few questions 28 years ago, which were duly answered

You really are a sad tw@t, aren't you

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How good is our Club. on 18:31 - Nov 18 with 3487 views1949er

How good is our Club. on 18:02 - Nov 18 by D_Alien

I'm sure someone asked a few questions 28 years ago, which were duly answered

You really are a sad tw@t, aren't you

Wrong time of the month pal?

How good is our Club. on 18:43 - Nov 18 with 3453 viewsD_Alien

How good is our Club. on 18:31 - Nov 18 by 1949er

If you can come on a thread where the OP (rightly) praises the sound financial management of our current board to raise a shite question, i'd say you've been pre-menstrual for the past 28 years

How good is our Club. on 18:48 - Nov 18 with 3422 viewsmingthemerciless

Well Rochdale AFC got a decent chunk of it. If the rumours at the time were true it came just in the nick of time for both clubs.
How good is our Club. on 18:49 - Nov 18 with 3423 views1949er

Looking for a fight? Centre circle at half time tomorrow ( bring your handbag)

How good is our Club. on 18:51 - Nov 18 with 3407 viewsD_Alien

How good is our Club. on 18:49 - Nov 18 by 1949er

I'll fetch my makeup compact to adjust my mascara after pissing myself laughing when you don't emerge from the Sandy Lane. If you do, I'll meet you there.

Login to get fewer ads

How good is our Club. on 19:04 - Nov 18 with 3364 viewsColDale

It's the risk run by any club where one or more individuals subsidise the wage bill.

Football should be easy to run. Big cheques from the TV deal, and it's not difficult to estimate what a clubs income will be in the forthcoming season. Make sure you don't budget for more than predicted income and everyone will live happily ever after.

Given the facilities at their new ground, I wouldn't be surprised if their income was at least double ours, if not three times. It should be unforgivable that they can't compete with us.
How good is our Club. on 19:13 - Nov 18 with 3333 viewshowy10

How good is our Club. on 18:49 - Nov 18 by 1949er

Haven't we gone away from the focus of the thread?
How good is our Club. on 20:24 - Nov 18 with 3187 viewsnordenblue

How good is our Club. on 18:31 - Nov 18 by 1949er

Who was it that spat their dummy out when the club ridiculously wouldn't open a stand especially for them?
How good is our Club. on 20:55 - Nov 18 with 3100 views1mark1

It is many years since Dale were financially in a bad way, we are not now. It is however very recent history that the rugby club were in a financial mess, owing money left, right and centre . The Dale own their own ground, the rugby club , are tenants of the Dale.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

How good is our Club. on 21:23 - Nov 18 with 3057 viewsYorkshire_Dale

How good is our Club. on 19:04 - Nov 18 by ColDale

It's the risk run by any club where one or more individuals subsidise the wage bill.

Football should be easy to run. Big cheques from the TV deal, and it's not difficult to estimate what a clubs income will be in the forthcoming season. Make sure you don't budget for more than predicted income and everyone will live happily ever after.

Given the facilities at their new ground, I wouldn't be surprised if their income was at least double ours, if not three times. It should be unforgivable that they can't compete with us.

Four more Directors have resigned from Chesterfield today, (allegedly)........Who the heck will be running the Club?
How good is our Club. on 22:05 - Nov 18 with 2991 viewsmingthemerciless

How good is our Club. on 20:55 - Nov 18 by 1mark1

It is many years since Dale were financially in a bad way, we are not now. It is however very recent history that the rugby club were in a financial mess, owing money left, right and centre . The Dale own their own ground, the rugby club , are tenants of the Dale.

It was pretty common knowledge at the time that without the Morrisons money both clubs continuing existence was in doubt. Allegedly when the Hornets directors asked the coach at the times what to do with the money he said " Put it in the bank ". Just a shame they never took his advice.

So they got rid of him and appointed a coach who could squander err I mean spend it.
How good is our Club. on 00:07 - Nov 19 with 2851 viewsYorkshire_Dale

How good is our Club. on 20:55 - Nov 18 by 1mark1

Marky lad......Is it not the case that Hornets are well run/organised right now on and off the pitch?........it's good that this is so....the AFC and Hornets are better for a good working relationship.

Amen to that
How good is our Club. on 10:31 - Nov 19 with 2604 viewsfitzochris

In answer to the OP, fookin' amazing.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

How good is our Club. on 10:33 - Nov 19 with 2599 viewsmoth5368

How good is our Club. on 10:31 - Nov 19 by fitzochris

In answer to the OP, fookin' amazing.

Seconded
How good is our Club. on 11:29 - Nov 19 with 2526 viewsTVOS1907

How good is our Club. on 00:07 - Nov 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

Marky lad......Is it not the case that Hornets are well run/organised right now on and off the pitch?........it's good that this is so....the AFC and Hornets are better for a good working relationship.

Amen to that

"the AFC"?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

How good is our Club. on 11:36 - Nov 19 with 2512 views1mark1

How good is our Club. on 00:07 - Nov 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

Amen to that

Yes absolutely, that's the case now . It's good for the Dale to have the additional income from the rugby club.

I was just making the point that it is a long time since Dale had financial problems .

How good is our Club. on 12:34 - Nov 19 with 2461 viewsR17ALE

How good is our Club. on 11:29 - Nov 19 by TVOS1907

"the AFC"?

Those of us who know, realise you've just called Yorkie boy out! The guard has slipped! Good spot.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2016 13:25]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

How good is our Club. on 13:23 - Nov 19 with 2399 views1mark1

How good is our Club. on 11:36 - Nov 19 by 1mark1

Yes absolutely, that's the case now . It's good for the Dale to have the additional income from the rugby club.

I was just making the point that it is a long time since Dale had financial problems .

Just to add, that in the past the Rugby Club has been a drain on the Dale's finances.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024