Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership 19:56 - Dec 27 with 11482 viewsSwansTrust

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership...

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/12/27/trust-board-statement-on-manager-and-owne

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:37 - Dec 27 with 1853 viewsSmellyplumz

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:30 - Dec 27 by longlostjack

Not now boys please Good statement from the Trust. Time to look forward.

Yeah you might of noticed I said it was a good statement.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:42 - Dec 27 with 1836 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:11 - Dec 27 by dobjack2

I think the concern was that the owners didn't want to speak to the trust. Also helpful that the trust board have been able to release other information, regarding meetings, ownership, representation and our recent abysmal recruitment strategy.

Indeed. The news is as good as Bob's sacking as at least we now know dialogue is taking place. Before all we had is the Trust had been kept out on a limb and Ux and few speculators were answering on behalf of the Trust the best way they could.
Not an acceptable situation. I had been banging on about joining the Trust to give it strength to battle against any bad decisions affecting our club but that point was very difficult to make when all communications had stopped.
Hopefully now we will have more feedback and therfore Phil and Ux will have an easier ride in relation to what happens in the future.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:45 - Dec 27 with 1813 viewsmax936

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:30 - Dec 27 by longlostjack

Not now boys please Good statement from the Trust. Time to look forward.

It is, very encouraging as I was really starting to lose faith, well done all, keep it up.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:48 - Dec 27 with 1783 viewsTheResurrection

So let me get this straight?

It was the Trust that got Bradley sacked?

And the Trust have endorsed Jenkins' position to the point where they are looking to him (HIM!!!) for strong leadership?

WTF? Seriously?

Also, what's taken nearly 2 weeks since the 14th December meeting to communicate with the desperate fans?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:48 - Dec 27 with 1782 viewsdeanscfc

I know it has been talked about previously but can someone remind me why the trust want the American's to buy their shares? Surely having a partly fan owned club is still a good thing???
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:49 - Dec 27 with 1759 viewswaynekerr55

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:04 - Dec 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Did The Trust previously state that they had no intentions of selling their stake and they would not even consider such a scenario? I'm asking as I am not 100% sure if I read that around the time the first group of Americans were interested.

No they did not.

That stance was taken with Moores and Noell after due diligence. If they had the chance to perform due diligence on Levein and Kaplan then who knows

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:50 - Dec 27 with 1734 viewsFireboy

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:48 - Dec 27 by deanscfc

I know it has been talked about previously but can someone remind me why the trust want the American's to buy their shares? Surely having a partly fan owned club is still a good thing???

This exactly what I was just going to ask
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:51 - Dec 27 with 1721 viewsLeonWasGod

I don't get it. The statement says relations have improved and goes out of it's way to say the Trust has influence. So all about the need for greater role in the club.

Yet in the next para it says the Trust are exploring options to sell its state to the majority shareholders and/or another buyer. So all about ending any link and influence.

And then they talk about needed to have a director position in the holding company (back to wanting more influence).

Contradicting statements there, unless I'm wrong. So what is it - does the Trust want more influence in the club or less/none?
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:52 - Dec 27 with 1715 viewsdobjack2

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:48 - Dec 27 by TheResurrection

So let me get this straight?

It was the Trust that got Bradley sacked?

And the Trust have endorsed Jenkins' position to the point where they are looking to him (HIM!!!) for strong leadership?

WTF? Seriously?

Also, what's taken nearly 2 weeks since the 14th December meeting to communicate with the desperate fans?

I don't think that they are endorsing his leadership- more like challenging him to provide some and to sort out our transfer policy.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:53 - Dec 27 with 1687 viewsNOTRAC

This represents real progress.The fact that the statement indicates that the holding company(which at present is controlled by Jenkins, Kaplan and Levien) is seen to be making all the decisions , and that the Trust are making progress to have representation , suggests that the Americans may well be losing patience with Jenkins and possibly are beginning to see the Trust in a different way to which it was tainted by Jenkins and Morgan etc.
The Trust are definitely on the right tack. There has to be a relationship with the new owners.I also like the fact that the Trust are now actively seeking the sale of shares and that the Americans have expressed an interest in possibly buying them prior to investing in the equity of the club (which would devalue the trust's percentage )is definitely the way forward.
If the Trust can build up a good relationship with the new owners, and if the new owners appreciate that that is the way forward ,and drop their involvement with yesterday's deceitful and incompetent owners, then there is hope for our club and the Trust yet.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:54 - Dec 27 with 1668 viewsDarran

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:53 - Dec 27 by NOTRAC

This represents real progress.The fact that the statement indicates that the holding company(which at present is controlled by Jenkins, Kaplan and Levien) is seen to be making all the decisions , and that the Trust are making progress to have representation , suggests that the Americans may well be losing patience with Jenkins and possibly are beginning to see the Trust in a different way to which it was tainted by Jenkins and Morgan etc.
The Trust are definitely on the right tack. There has to be a relationship with the new owners.I also like the fact that the Trust are now actively seeking the sale of shares and that the Americans have expressed an interest in possibly buying them prior to investing in the equity of the club (which would devalue the trust's percentage )is definitely the way forward.
If the Trust can build up a good relationship with the new owners, and if the new owners appreciate that that is the way forward ,and drop their involvement with yesterday's deceitful and incompetent owners, then there is hope for our club and the Trust yet.

Well said mate of course it does.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:55 - Dec 27 with 1657 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:52 - Dec 27 by dobjack2

I don't think that they are endorsing his leadership- more like challenging him to provide some and to sort out our transfer policy.

Him sort out our transfer policy???

PLEASE NO!!!!!!! WHAT?????

This is unbelievable in the extreme!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:55 - Dec 27 with 1660 viewsheadcleaner

I think it was the fact the west stand applauded the east stand when it piped up with the chants yesterday. I am partly heartened with the trust statement or the swiftness of it and that I got it in an email as quickly as sky reported it but their next statement should be Jenkins and Dineen your next!
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:57 - Dec 27 with 1627 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:53 - Dec 27 by NOTRAC

Excellent post.

Agree with every word.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:58 - Dec 27 with 1621 viewskarnataka

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:09 - Dec 27 by costalotta

That's seems positive on the face of it. But quite clearly there's a very long way to go.

Of course there's a long way to go but at least the process has started.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:00 - Dec 27 with 1481 viewsswanseajack4eva

Good statement from the Trust - well done.

The Trust now need to follow-up on the several fronts mentioned in the timeframes outlined to show the Americans that we mean business.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:02 - Dec 27 with 1461 viewsdobjack2

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:55 - Dec 27 by TheResurrection

Him sort out our transfer policy???

PLEASE NO!!!!!!! WHAT?????

This is unbelievable in the extreme!!

Try reading the statement before you start shouting
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:03 - Dec 27 with 1459 viewsswanseajack4eva

Can the Trust get this statement printed in the Evening Post and other media?

To spread awareness of what is going on beyond the minority number of members and people on Planet Swans.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:06 - Dec 27 with 1440 viewsdobjack2

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:03 - Dec 27 by swanseajack4eva

Can the Trust get this statement printed in the Evening Post and other media?

To spread awareness of what is going on beyond the minority number of members and people on Planet Swans.

Good idea
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:17 - Dec 27 with 1367 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:02 - Dec 27 by dobjack2

Try reading the statement before you start shouting

I did mate!!

""The Supporters Trust notes the protestations from a large proportion of our fans at the West Ham game regarding Huw Jenkins’ position, and our primary concern with the January transfer window coming up is ensuring that the club has learned lessons and puts in place a coherent plan to address the erosion of the Swansea City footballing identity over recent times. This transfer window is a critical time for the football club and, while not all issues can be addressed in one window, the Chairman needs to demonstrate leadership to ensure that we have a plan in place to regain our identity.""

This goes against every Swans fans wishes - the man who has got us into this shit they are imploring to get us out of it.

He can't do jack shit in the window - he's incapable!!! Get him out!!!

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:18 - Dec 27 with 1352 viewsDarran

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:17 - Dec 27 by TheResurrection

I did mate!!

""The Supporters Trust notes the protestations from a large proportion of our fans at the West Ham game regarding Huw Jenkins’ position, and our primary concern with the January transfer window coming up is ensuring that the club has learned lessons and puts in place a coherent plan to address the erosion of the Swansea City footballing identity over recent times. This transfer window is a critical time for the football club and, while not all issues can be addressed in one window, the Chairman needs to demonstrate leadership to ensure that we have a plan in place to regain our identity.""

This goes against every Swans fans wishes - the man who has got us into this shit they are imploring to get us out of it.

That doesn't say they want Jenkins in charge of transfers though,well unless you've got an agenda of course.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:29 - Dec 27 with 1314 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:18 - Dec 27 by Darran

That doesn't say they want Jenkins in charge of transfers though,well unless you've got an agenda of course.

Needs to demonstrate his leadership during the transfer window?!!

You'd have to have a massive agenda "not" to recognise that's an endorsement of his powers and flies in the face of everything we've been desperately crying out for.]

Its this man, his meddling and his arrogance that's got us into this mess in the first place.

It should have read we want a football man in to oversee any future transfer window and to keep the Roofer well away.

I'm confused here!

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:31 - Dec 27 with 1290 viewsdobjack2

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:17 - Dec 27 by TheResurrection

I did mate!!

I agree however take a step back.

I assume that we both want a manager who has far more control over transfer dealings than the last couple so Jenkins has no input.

We need that manager before we can feck Jenkins out. He is likely to oversee this window at the very least so I see the trust statement as a warning not an endorsement.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:32 - Dec 27 with 1288 viewsKrisP

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:48 - Dec 27 by deanscfc

I believe the intention is to keep that money and then, if we do fall down a division or two and the owners sell for far less, the Trust can buy more of the club.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:32 - Dec 27 with 1288 viewsPrivate_Partz

I did mate!!

I think most people agree with that. They want Jenkins out and the statement says they want him to show leadership. Presupposing that had not happened before. The best thing Jenkins can do is actually appoint someone who has an effing clue what they are doing.
The problem is he still seems to have the Yank's ear. They don't want to be here 24/7 so they want someone in charge. Enough rope and he will hang himself although I suspect our fate would be sealed long before that.
I hope we get a manager who knows what players he wants. Would make for an easy life for Jenkins as he could then blame the new guy if the window goes tits up.
I am sure the Trust want him out but are not in a position to force the issue......yet.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024