Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership 19:56 - Dec 27 with 11485 viewsSwansTrust

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership...

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/12/27/trust-board-statement-on-manager-and-owne

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:37 - Dec 27 with 1477 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:32 - Dec 27 by Private_Partz

I think most people agree with that. They want Jenkins out and the statement says they want him to show leadership. Presupposing that had not happened before. The best thing Jenkins can do is actually appoint someone who has an effing clue what they are doing.
The problem is he still seems to have the Yank's ear. They don't want to be here 24/7 so they want someone in charge. Enough rope and he will hang himself although I suspect our fate would be sealed long before that.
I hope we get a manager who knows what players he wants. Would make for an easy life for Jenkins as he could then blame the new guy if the window goes tits up.
I am sure the Trust want him out but are not in a position to force the issue......yet.

They could have made "our" feelings a lot more clear in that statement - a real lost opportunity.

When the dust settles with Bradley going all eyes will turn back to this kunt.

The news today does not mean this traitor should be anywhere near a position to show strong leadership.

Also, you've got to laugh aye - Darran, who has had a right pop at anyone for not "going after the old Directors" is now defending this piece of shit.

Says it all.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:38 - Dec 27 with 1474 viewsMattG

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:32 - Dec 27 by Private_Partz

I think most people agree with that. They want Jenkins out and the statement says they want him to show leadership. Presupposing that had not happened before. The best thing Jenkins can do is actually appoint someone who has an effing clue what they are doing.
The problem is he still seems to have the Yank's ear. They don't want to be here 24/7 so they want someone in charge. Enough rope and he will hang himself although I suspect our fate would be sealed long before that.
I hope we get a manager who knows what players he wants. Would make for an easy life for Jenkins as he could then blame the new guy if the window goes tits up.
I am sure the Trust want him out but are not in a position to force the issue......yet.

Strong leadership often means recognising one's own weaknesses and utilising others who are better qualified to carry out those tasks. The real skill is to put the right people in the right roles with the right supports and resources.

This is the kind of leadership that I would be looking for from HJ but history suggests it won't come easy to him.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:38 - Dec 27 with 1474 viewsswancity

With potential legal action against Jenkins and others pending, and most fans wanting him out of the Club, I find the Statement misleading. Or have they kissed and made up?

Jenkins remember said only recently that the club needed stability and didn't feel that going down the route that Fulham did ( 3 managers in the season they got relegated ) was a good idea

So why not refer to leadership from Jenkins when the preferred action from our fans would be for him to sling his devious hook?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:41 - Dec 27 with 1459 viewsjacksfullaces

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:48 - Dec 27 by TheResurrection

So let me get this straight?

It was the Trust that got Bradley sacked?

And the Trust have endorsed Jenkins' position to the point where they are looking to him (HIM!!!) for strong leadership?

WTF? Seriously?

Also, what's taken nearly 2 weeks since the 14th December meeting to communicate with the desperate fans?

nonsense.

you are seeing what you want to see here.

the trust have basically said jenkins is in last chance saloon .. that is called a public final warning .. which we know he is incapable of meeting.

that statement says bye, bye jenkins.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:41 - Dec 27 with 1458 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:31 - Dec 27 by dobjack2

I agree however take a step back.

I assume that we both want a manager who has far more control over transfer dealings than the last couple so Jenkins has no input.

We need that manager before we can feck Jenkins out. He is likely to oversee this window at the very least so I see the trust statement as a warning not an endorsement.

OH FFS - Yet more apologising on behalf of anything remotely positive.

WE, THE FANS DO NOT WANT JENKINS TO SHOW STRONG LEADERSHIP

WE WANT HIM OUT OF OUR FOOTBALL CLUB - OR AT LEAST, IF WE CANNOT ENFORCE THIS, MAKE IT ABUNDANTLY CLEAR IT'S WHAT WE WANT!!

We all know he didn't appoint Bradley but he stupidly went on record as saying he did. He's facked up the last 3 managers and it's cost us millions, he's facked up the last 3 or 4 windows and it will cost us our EPL spot.

Strong leadership ?? A complete bollock dropped!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:42 - Dec 27 with 1445 viewsDarran

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:29 - Dec 27 by TheResurrection

Needs to demonstrate his leadership during the transfer window?!!

You'd have to have a massive agenda "not" to recognise that's an endorsement of his powers and flies in the face of everything we've been desperately crying out for.]

Its this man, his meddling and his arrogance that's got us into this mess in the first place.

It should have read we want a football man in to oversee any future transfer window and to keep the Roofer well away.

I'm confused here!

No Christopher the word 'his' is not in that statement.
What actually says is

This transfer window is a critical time for the football club and, while not all issues can be addressed in one window, the Chairman needs to demonstrate leadership to ensure that we have a plan in place to regain our identity.

What it obviously means is that 'his' needs to appoint the right manager immediately who can step straight in with contacts in the game to sign the right players to get us out of this shit.
Of course if you've got an agenda it will obviously read differently.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:43 - Dec 27 with 1434 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:38 - Dec 27 by MattG

Strong leadership often means recognising one's own weaknesses and utilising others who are better qualified to carry out those tasks. The real skill is to put the right people in the right roles with the right supports and resources.

This is the kind of leadership that I would be looking for from HJ but history suggests it won't come easy to him.

WE DON"T WANT THAT PARASITE ANYWHERE NEAR OUR CLUB

The last thing we want is to hear we are hoping him to strongly lead us.

WE WANT HIM OUT FFS - GONE!!!

SAY IT!!!

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:44 - Dec 27 with 1429 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:41 - Dec 27 by jacksfullaces

nonsense.

you are seeing what you want to see here.

the trust have basically said jenkins is in last chance saloon .. that is called a public final warning .. which we know he is incapable of meeting.

that statement says bye, bye jenkins.

A public final warning??????

AFTER WHAT HE DID TO US????

Get the fack mate!!

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:46 - Dec 27 with 1405 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:42 - Dec 27 by Darran

No Christopher the word 'his' is not in that statement.
What actually says is

This transfer window is a critical time for the football club and, while not all issues can be addressed in one window, the Chairman needs to demonstrate leadership to ensure that we have a plan in place to regain our identity.

What it obviously means is that 'his' needs to appoint the right manager immediately who can step straight in with contacts in the game to sign the right players to get us out of this shit.
Of course if you've got an agenda it will obviously read differently.

The fans to a man and woman yesterday called for his head.

The fans don't want him to have anything to do with the Club.

The last thing the fans want to read is him showing any sort of leadership

It's you that's got his head so far up Phil's ass you'll run with any hare or hound that suits this purpose.

Disgusting

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:48 - Dec 27 with 1386 viewsdobjack2

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:38 - Dec 27 by swancity

With potential legal action against Jenkins and others pending, and most fans wanting him out of the Club, I find the Statement misleading. Or have they kissed and made up?

Jenkins remember said only recently that the club needed stability and didn't feel that going down the route that Fulham did ( 3 managers in the season they got relegated ) was a good idea

So why not refer to leadership from Jenkins when the preferred action from our fans would be for him to sling his devious hook?

it doesn't sound like a kiss and make up but highly critical of him.

All well and good telling him to feck off now but:

The majority owners have to make that decision and

We are going into a crucial transfer window potentially without a manager or with a manager that doesn't know the squad.

In my view the statement is a challenge to Jenkins.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:49 - Dec 27 with 1378 viewsDr_Winston

There was a certain amount of logic in keeping Jenkins around after the takeover. The Americans lacked experience and Jenkins had loads. Jenkins lacked oversight and the Americans could provide it.

We've had the worst of both f*cking worlds.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:55 - Dec 27 with 1320 viewsTheResurrection

The statement should read that we have felt let down massively by on and off field matters and have no faith in any of the remaining old directors who acted in a devious manner to exclude us from negotiations.

Also, the Chairman has been responsible for mistake after mistake at huge cost and we feel a change of direction is needed to rescue our position and put us back on the right path.

We also want to avoid volatile crowd reactions as we witnessed over the weekend and in recent games which we feel will only get worse.

Strong leadership my c0ck!!

Get him out!!!
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 21:56]

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:56 - Dec 27 with 1301 viewsjacksfullaces

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:48 - Dec 27 by dobjack2

it doesn't sound like a kiss and make up but highly critical of him.

All well and good telling him to feck off now but:

The majority owners have to make that decision and

We are going into a crucial transfer window potentially without a manager or with a manager that doesn't know the squad.

In my view the statement is a challenge to Jenkins.

yep
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:56 - Dec 27 with 1301 viewsdobjack2

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:41 - Dec 27 by TheResurrection

OH FFS - Yet more apologising on behalf of anything remotely positive.

WE, THE FANS DO NOT WANT JENKINS TO SHOW STRONG LEADERSHIP

WE WANT HIM OUT OF OUR FOOTBALL CLUB - OR AT LEAST, IF WE CANNOT ENFORCE THIS, MAKE IT ABUNDANTLY CLEAR IT'S WHAT WE WANT!!

We all know he didn't appoint Bradley but he stupidly went on record as saying he did. He's facked up the last 3 managers and it's cost us millions, he's facked up the last 3 or 4 windows and it will cost us our EPL spot.

Strong leadership ?? A complete bollock dropped!!

I WANT JENKINS OUT

NOT PRACTICAL NOW - AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER WINDOW WILL DO

FFS - YOU SEEM VERY UNHAPPY WITH TRUST STATEMENT. MAYBE BECAUSE IT DOESNT FIT YOUR AGENDA?
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:59 - Dec 27 with 1272 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:56 - Dec 27 by dobjack2

I WANT JENKINS OUT

FFS - YOU SEEM VERY UNHAPPY WITH TRUST STATEMENT. MAYBE BECAUSE IT DOESNT FIT YOUR AGENDA?

Unbelievable how sycophantic wimps on here can change their tune at the flip of a coin.

No spine.

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:00 - Dec 27 with 1263 viewsskippyjack

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 20:55 - Dec 27 by TheResurrection

Him sort out our transfer policy???

PLEASE NO!!!!!!! WHAT?????

This is unbelievable in the extreme!!

In all fairness to Huw and the collective board.. they do know how to appoint the correct manager in certain situations.. it's just he needs to do what Laudrup was allowed to do.. let managers bring in his own players.. with obvious restrictions to the money that is available.. I don't think our investors have the financial clout to spend anyway.. tell the manager our budget..

I think we're more than capable of dishing out 30 million if some players were sold during this window.. three 10 million pound players for example, if some players are moved on.

But the ultimate decision is down to the majority owners and people who hold the bags of gold.

and I don't even think a few signings will rejuvenate a survival bid.. we're that bad.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:01 - Dec 27 with 1254 viewsswancity

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:56 - Dec 27 by dobjack2

I WANT JENKINS OUT

Most probably because it's again weak and completely fails to address properly the anger felt towards Jenkins Morgan etc

It's almost as though the recent events have been swept under the carpet.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:01 - Dec 27 with 1248 viewsDarran

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:46 - Dec 27 by TheResurrection

The fans to a man and woman yesterday called for his head.

The fans don't want him to have anything to do with the Club.

The last thing the fans want to read is him showing any sort of leadership

It's you that's got his head so far up Phil's ass you'll run with any hare or hound that suits this purpose.

Disgusting

I'm stating from the actual statement Christopher what are you disagreeing with?

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:03 - Dec 27 with 1227 viewsPURe_Evil

I'm confused, over the last few days people have been shouting people down telling them to leave the trust alone and aim their anger at Jenkins an ex-directors.

Now the trust has released a statement basically "coozying" up to Jenkins, and now those same people are supporting that?

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:06 - Dec 27 with 1209 viewsmonmouth

I would like to have seen Jenkins unequivocally impaled on a hook in that statement and his accountability for where we are spelt out. Whatever the reasons, I'm disappointed not to see it. Under Jenkins our club has changed from a paragon to a laughing stock. I'd like that laid firmly and explicitly at his door.

Like others I'm confused whether the Trust wants to be more in or more out or is saying 'if we can't be more in, we want out'. To ask them to consider buying the shares and yet demanding more representation reads weirdly.

Despite that, I'm far more encouraged than I was before I read it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:06 - Dec 27 with 1209 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:01 - Dec 27 by Darran

I'm stating from the actual statement Christopher what are you disagreeing with?

The last thing I wanted to hear in any Trust Statement was for Jenkins ( vvanker!! ) to show strong leadership.

What next? - "we expect Dineen to lead from the front and use his vast experience of cappuccino and Mars bars in securing us that shiny new deal with Coca Cola!!

Makes me sick!!!
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 22:09]

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:06 - Dec 27 with 1197 viewsjacksfullaces

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:01 - Dec 27 by swancity

Most probably because it's again weak and completely fails to address properly the anger felt towards Jenkins Morgan etc

It's almost as though the recent events have been swept under the carpet.

I dunno if that is fair on this occasion.

we are in a big business here, not the playground, and the right language has to be used, the barrage of expletives came yesterday from the fans, the club knows the score.

the trust, insofar as they have the authority, have publicly stated that he needs to show leadership (i,e he hasn't to date) and ultimately that is a vote of no confidence.

as said by others, they can do no more, it us up to the majority shareholders to relieve him of his duties, not the trust.

the majority shareholders don't need anything more aggressive in business terms, it is over to them now to manage the %^&% out.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:06 - Dec 27 with 1193 viewsDewi1jack

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:03 - Dec 27 by swanseajack4eva

Can the Trust get this statement printed in the Evening Post and other media?

To spread awareness of what is going on beyond the minority number of members and people on Planet Swans.

Just as I was totally losing faith with the Trust and the apparent inaction. Better late than never, so well done

Distribute that statement to as many media outlets as is humanely possible.
If they can be convinced there's a sh1tstorm really brewing, they'll run with it and follow up

Print that statement on leaflets and distribute it before a game, handing out membership forms at the same time.
Sure plenty of Trust members will help out.
Try and get the Trust up to a high number of members and show the Merrycans that there are a far larger number 'waking up and smelling the coffee' than will be comfy, if co-operation isn't kept going forward

Push for the removal from employment of anyone who sold shares.
Just because they own shares doesn't mean they have to be employed!

Push for the immediate ban on ticket sales to previous directors who sold up, buying large numbers of tickets for Dutch organisations selling trips to Swansea.
Certainly he and any other now non shareholding ex directors never being allowed to sit in the Directors box either- can't stop shareholders having a ticket.
The rest can come and sit with the great unwashed in any stand.

And keep communicating with the members

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:07 - Dec 27 with 1189 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:06 - Dec 27 by monmouth

I would like to have seen Jenkins unequivocally impaled on a hook in that statement and his accountability for where we are spelt out. Whatever the reasons, I'm disappointed not to see it. Under Jenkins our club has changed from a paragon to a laughing stock. I'd like that laid firmly and explicitly at his door.

Like others I'm confused whether the Trust wants to be more in or more out or is saying 'if we can't be more in, we want out'. To ask them to consider buying the shares and yet demanding more representation reads weirdly.

Despite that, I'm far more encouraged than I was before I read it.

Hey!! Jesus Christ, Momouth. I have to say fair play. Good man.

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:08 - Dec 27 with 1179 viewsDarran

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:06 - Dec 27 by TheResurrection

The last thing I wanted to hear in any Trust Statement was for Jenkins ( vvanker!! ) to show strong leadership.

What next? - "we expect Dineen to lead from the front and use his vast experience of cappuccino and Mars bars in securing us that shiny new deal with Coca Cola!!

Makes me sick!!!
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 22:09]

You're going to start going after Jenkins now then eh?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024