Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership 19:56 - Dec 27 with 11484 viewsSwansTrust

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership...

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/12/27/trust-board-statement-on-manager-and-owne

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 23:04 - Dec 27 with 1551 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:49 - Dec 27 by Dr_Winston

There was a certain amount of logic in keeping Jenkins around after the takeover. The Americans lacked experience and Jenkins had loads. Jenkins lacked oversight and the Americans could provide it.

We've had the worst of both f*cking worlds.

"There was a certain amount of logic in keeping Jenkins around after the takeover."

I don't agree with this at all. With how poorly Jenkins had performed in the last 2 years and with his object failures in the transfer market, there is no way the new owners should have kept Jenkins around. I really don't get how they didn't see that it all starts with Jenkins and that removing him should have been #1 on their to do list.

If you lack the knowledge or experience in football to properly run a club and want to merely act as an absentee landlord and defer to some clown, then there is NO REASON why you should be dabbling in football ownership.

Look at Frank McCourt, an American who bought Marseille shortly after Kaplan and Levien took over us. He's provided an excellent blueprint on how things should be done after buying a football club, and he's shown how one must not be afraid to make changes shortly after a takeover, especially if it is what is needed. Within two weeks of taking over Marseille he hired the brilliant Rudi Garcia as manager, sacked the former president and replaced him with the Harvard educated media magnate Jacques-Henri Eyraud, and sacked the former DoF and appointed Andoni Zubizarreta, Barcelona's DoF from 2010-2015. Marseille has gone nowhere but up since these moves and have now catapulted to 6th in table, having previously been in the bottom half before. THIS is how things should be done with takeovers--changes need to be made, previously poorly performing personnel need to be immediately removed, and direct action needs to be taken to better the football club. Of course, with Levien and Kaplan, they have done fvck all.

And you want to know something? Believe it or not, McCourt has absolutely no prior experience with football. He had never even expressed in interest in it or talked about it publically before he bought Marseille. He was merely a guy who had the wisdom to do his research and find out exactly what he was getting into and what needed to be done. Unlike Levien and Kaplan of course who thought everything would be grand and fine deferring to everyone who was previously in charge and making no changes whatsoever.

Come on you Swans.

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 23:05 - Dec 27 with 1545 viewsdobjack2

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 23:01 - Dec 27 by SoberBaker

Firstly though, we'll know the true intentions by which manager they choose 👍

Or perhaps more to the point who will come here, especially if they have no control over transfers
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 23:05 - Dec 27 with 1545 viewsDarran

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:58 - Dec 27 by Loyal

Jenkins makes no comment about January, so I conclude by the 10th we will know if the lacky has any strategic planning or transparency to sign players and get us out of this fcking mess of his own making. If he doesn't I predict the walls to come tumbling down. It's all on his head, literally .

The new manager now has got a couple of weeks to bring players in,Palace and then the irrelevant cup game aside.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 23:06 - Dec 27 with 1541 viewslonglostjack

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:59 - Dec 27 by SwansNZ

“Steve and Jason both confirmed their desire not to issue any new shares during the course of this season”

That indicates to me that after May, new shares WILL be issued, thus making the % owned by the Trust less (as they would not be able to afford to buy them) and less valuable. So, the Trust probably needs to sell before such a thing happens. Possibly, a part sale might be good, if they can bank a few million and keep a place on the board.

I assume that the money raised in the issuing of new shares goes into the football club?

If I remember correctly that was their position before, you're right - nothing has changed there. I would guess it's all tied up with the Shareholder's Agreement issue and we'll be wiser when all the legal business gets sorted.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 23:07]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 23:08 - Dec 27 with 1531 viewsWatchman

“Steve and Jason both confirmed their desire not to issue any new shares during the course of this season”

That indicates to me that after May, new shares WILL be issued, thus making the % owned by the Trust less (as they would not be able to afford to buy them) and less valuable. So, the Trust probably needs to sell before such a thing happens. Possibly, a part sale might be good, if they can bank a few million and keep a place on the board.

I assume that the money raised in the issuing of new shares goes into the football club?

no not really, they will KNOW that the buy out is/was illegal and so they cannot publicly say anything that may cause them to lose money and to pay out money they should have done from the start
they dare not commit to anything at this time but they are on high alert

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 00:26 - Dec 28 with 1436 viewsmajorraglan

There's lots of different opinions on this thread with some really good points being made. There are also a couple of good articles in the press, one being the Independent. I would imagine that Chris Pearlman will have made a full report to his employers after yesterday's game and that they they will be fully up to speed with the performance and the fans reactions.

To my mind the club has lost its way over the last few years, the overwhelming priority for me is to "stabilise the ship" and then start work on getting the club out of the position it's currently in. Hopefully a new managerial appointment and some new blood will be enough to stave off relegation, but I am far from convinced that will be the case and if I were a betting man I think It's too late.
I think the Americans won't have expected the club to be in the relegation zone and playing so poorly, so I am guessing they must be concerned the way things have been going otherwise BB would still be in charge. If I were them I would be asking questions around player recruiting and if I were the Trust I would be highlighting the changes at Marseille post takeover (which one of the other contributors to this thread has commented about) to Messrs K and L.

I can't see many changes happenening in the short term, but I think come summer we will see things starting to move. I totally get living within your means and I totally get having a recruiting team working for the club instead of a manager or agent bringing players in, I think lots of clubs including Swansea can learn from Southampton here.

I believe that Huw Jenkins and the old board still retain ownership of about 11% of the shares, so getting them out may prove a lot more difficult than some fans would like!
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 0:30]
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 00:59 - Dec 28 with 1403 viewsDJack

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:55 - Dec 27 by TheResurrection

The statement should read that we have felt let down massively by on and off field matters and have no faith in any of the remaining old directors who acted in a devious manner to exclude us from negotiations.

Also, the Chairman has been responsible for mistake after mistake at huge cost and we feel a change of direction is needed to rescue our position and put us back on the right path.

We also want to avoid volatile crowd reactions as we witnessed over the weekend and in recent games which we feel will only get worse.

Strong leadership my c0ck!!

Get him out!!!
[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 21:56]

AAAAAHHHHH, Mr Resurrection your view is almost always about throwing the baby out with the bathwater and yet you expect to be able to dictate terms afterwards...DELUDED.

Remember, those who are in power (i.e. the controlling shareholders) are IN POWER. So what do you really expect to be the result of a campaign of abuse/aggression?

NOBODY ever succeeds with an immediate and a total (100%) change, it is only achieved through evolution. You sound (and act) like a spoilt child in a sandpit.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 01:08 - Dec 28 with 1396 viewsDJack

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 22:23 - Dec 27 by TheResurrection

And what if Jenkins gets another shot at the window and there we are Jan 31st parked in Falkirk.

Fair enough what you say but these statements are a chance to let the whole world what the fans are really feeling.

It shouldn't be about reading between the lines - if this gets out nationwide it will just look as if we're turning to our once hero to get us out of the mess - that he got us in!!!

Now, the thought of Jenkins controlling another transfer window is scary but he knows that he has to satisfy his American bosses. You could argue that, that is not good enough but I would counter that changing every one of our staff is even more counter productive.

BTW I'm replying as I read through, so I apologise if you've already done this.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 09:55 - Dec 28 with 1271 viewsSmellyplumz

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 23:04 - Dec 27 by MyFinalHeaven

"There was a certain amount of logic in keeping Jenkins around after the takeover."

I don't agree with this at all. With how poorly Jenkins had performed in the last 2 years and with his object failures in the transfer market, there is no way the new owners should have kept Jenkins around. I really don't get how they didn't see that it all starts with Jenkins and that removing him should have been #1 on their to do list.

If you lack the knowledge or experience in football to properly run a club and want to merely act as an absentee landlord and defer to some clown, then there is NO REASON why you should be dabbling in football ownership.

Look at Frank McCourt, an American who bought Marseille shortly after Kaplan and Levien took over us. He's provided an excellent blueprint on how things should be done after buying a football club, and he's shown how one must not be afraid to make changes shortly after a takeover, especially if it is what is needed. Within two weeks of taking over Marseille he hired the brilliant Rudi Garcia as manager, sacked the former president and replaced him with the Harvard educated media magnate Jacques-Henri Eyraud, and sacked the former DoF and appointed Andoni Zubizarreta, Barcelona's DoF from 2010-2015. Marseille has gone nowhere but up since these moves and have now catapulted to 6th in table, having previously been in the bottom half before. THIS is how things should be done with takeovers--changes need to be made, previously poorly performing personnel need to be immediately removed, and direct action needs to be taken to better the football club. Of course, with Levien and Kaplan, they have done fvck all.

And you want to know something? Believe it or not, McCourt has absolutely no prior experience with football. He had never even expressed in interest in it or talked about it publically before he bought Marseille. He was merely a guy who had the wisdom to do his research and find out exactly what he was getting into and what needed to be done. Unlike Levien and Kaplan of course who thought everything would be grand and fine deferring to everyone who was previously in charge and making no changes whatsoever.

Brilliant post man.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 10:36 - Dec 28 with 1233 viewsDafyddHuw

Well done the Trust. More questions than answers though, but I'll stick to the one paragraph for now -
"Steve and Jason both confirmed their desire not to issue any new shares during the course of this season. Due to the lack of movement from their side regarding the concerns the Trust has in this area, we have again requested that they consider making an offer for all, or part, of the Trust’s stake. This is something they have agreed to consider, however not until the end of the season."

Steve and Jason ffs! What's wrong with Kaplan and Levien? Or are they all forgiven now for shafting us twice?
Anyway - back to the paragraph -
"both confirmed their desire not to issue any new shares during the course of this season" - confirmed their desire - so not legally binding then - so they could do the exact opposite to what they say next week?

"we have again requested that they consider making an offer for all, or part, of the Trust’s stake. This is something they have agreed to consider, however not until the end of the season." - so they've agreed to consider, at the end of the season. How nice of them. And if we've been relegated by then? Would the share prices be significantly lower then than they are now? Or are we talking about the share prices at the time of the sellouts? Or what? Is this all the detail we're getting?

I honestly don't get the Trust's desire to buddy up to the Yanks. They've already shown their true colours on at least 3 occasions. Can we take what they say at face value?
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 11:08 - Dec 28 with 1207 viewsWhiterockin

This is the way I see it regarding the trust possibly selling the shares. I may be well off the mark.

Firstly the trust still have the option of legal action, this is a massive bargaining tool. If the club was valued at £100M at the time of the sale, the trusts share value would have been £20M at the time of the sale. Basically the Americans are saying that they will not enter into discussions about a possible share purchase until the end of the season. Why? Because if we are relegated the share price will be at a lower valuation and they can buy the shares cheaper. If the Americans do not offer the share price at the original purchase price, surely the trust could then proceed with legal action, siteing that due to the illegal sale they have lost a considerable share value. Looks like a game of poker to me.

Personally I think the trust must sell because it does not have the finances to invest. If we stay up this season there will be a share issue and the trusts share value will be deleted, plus any influence on decisions will disappear. Personally I would prefer the trust to sell and with £20M tucked away and if it really goes tits up there is funding for a major purchase.

As I say, only the way I see it and I could be way off the mark.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 11:12]
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 11:43 - Dec 28 with 1180 viewsDafyddHuw

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 21:41 - Dec 27 by jacksfullaces

nonsense.

you are seeing what you want to see here.

the trust have basically said jenkins is in last chance saloon .. that is called a public final warning .. which we know he is incapable of meeting.

that statement says bye, bye jenkins.

Rubbish.
If the statement wanted to say bye, bye jenkins then they would have said bye bye jenkins.

"the trust have basically said jenkins is in last chance saloon " - (a) that's not saying bye bye jenkins and (b) the trust should have come out with a public warning/last chance saloon 20 chances ago.

I don't kniow if you're a Trust board member, but if you're not you should be - you'd fit right in.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 11:52 - Dec 28 with 1174 viewsdobjack2

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 11:43 - Dec 28 by DafyddHuw

Rubbish.
If the statement wanted to say bye, bye jenkins then they would have said bye bye jenkins.

"the trust have basically said jenkins is in last chance saloon " - (a) that's not saying bye bye jenkins and (b) the trust should have come out with a public warning/last chance saloon 20 chances ago.

I don't kniow if you're a Trust board member, but if you're not you should be - you'd fit right in.

The trust can't sack Jenkins though. All they can do is suggest to the owners that we are better off without him.

Tactically to achieve that aim is it better for the trust board to post "Jenkins out" forcing the owners to choose between Jenkins and the trust? That would suit a proportion of our fan base but could totally alienate the trust if the owners choose Jenkins, or is it better to make a statement such as they have made and work on the owners on the inside? Risk is that supporters who want Jenkins out get frustrated.

The trust aren't the majority owners therefore getting rid of Jenkins will neither be simple or quick in my view unless either he has enough and walks or the majority owners have enough of him.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 12:11 - Dec 28 with 1153 viewsDafyddHuw

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 11:52 - Dec 28 by dobjack2

The trust can't sack Jenkins though. All they can do is suggest to the owners that we are better off without him.

Tactically to achieve that aim is it better for the trust board to post "Jenkins out" forcing the owners to choose between Jenkins and the trust? That would suit a proportion of our fan base but could totally alienate the trust if the owners choose Jenkins, or is it better to make a statement such as they have made and work on the owners on the inside? Risk is that supporters who want Jenkins out get frustrated.

The trust aren't the majority owners therefore getting rid of Jenkins will neither be simple or quick in my view unless either he has enough and walks or the majority owners have enough of him.

I never said the trust can sack jenlkins and I never said the trust are the majority owners.

And I thought the trust HAD been totally alienated already by the "investors" buying the club secretly, appointing Coach Bob without the Trust's knowledge and limiting meetings to once every 3 months.

But let's carry on and continue to kiss ass and pretend that " the Chairman needs to demonstrate leadership" means more than the Chairman needs to demonstrate leadership.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 12:17 - Dec 28 with 1147 viewsjacksfullaces

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 11:52 - Dec 28 by dobjack2

I have no allegiance to the Trust and &^%&* hate what Jenkins has done.

I also understand realpolitik and can look past the emotional response.

Believe you me if at the end of January Jenkins continues to peddle more nonsense I would expect the Trust to up the ante.

Not that they could do more than swear a lot mind you, and hope the investors start to listen - my money says the investors are already in the know and Jenkins is on borrowed time whatever happens in Jan.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 12:23 - Dec 28 with 1132 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 12:17 - Dec 28 by jacksfullaces

I have no allegiance to the Trust and &^%&* hate what Jenkins has done.

I also understand realpolitik and can look past the emotional response.

Believe you me if at the end of January Jenkins continues to peddle more nonsense I would expect the Trust to up the ante.

Not that they could do more than swear a lot mind you, and hope the investors start to listen - my money says the investors are already in the know and Jenkins is on borrowed time whatever happens in Jan.

“Not that they could do more than swear a lot mind you, and hope the investors start to listen”

Hang on a minute?! It was the Trust that got Jenkins the sack according to that statement? Make your mind up!?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 12:26 - Dec 28 with 1112 viewsQJumpingJack

It seems the Trust are giving Jenkins the dreaded "vote of confidence"....
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 12:27 - Dec 28 with 1110 viewsjacksfullaces

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 12:23 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

“Not that they could do more than swear a lot mind you, and hope the investors start to listen”

Hang on a minute?! It was the Trust that got Jenkins the sack according to that statement? Make your mind up!?

not that they could do anymore ...

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 12:28 - Dec 28 with 1104 viewsdobjack2

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 12:11 - Dec 28 by DafyddHuw

I never said the trust can sack jenlkins and I never said the trust are the majority owners.

And I thought the trust HAD been totally alienated already by the "investors" buying the club secretly, appointing Coach Bob without the Trust's knowledge and limiting meetings to once every 3 months.

But let's carry on and continue to kiss ass and pretend that " the Chairman needs to demonstrate leadership" means more than the Chairman needs to demonstrate leadership.

I know you never said it but you want them to act as if they are.

If you read the trusts statement they appear to be clawing back their position if that is correct then it is reasonably good news. We need to see whether this leads anywhere.

However they are clearly not in a position to demand anything and that includes having Jenkins head on a platter.
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 12:33 - Dec 28 with 1097 viewsmonmouth

They didn't have to say 'Jenkins out'. The statement started fine mentioning the fans' animosity. A nice little performance review giving the reasons for that could have followed. It could have read, say,:

"For our part, we were pleased to see Huw Jenkins taking full responsibility for his actions leading to our current predicament on 7th of December in his public statement. Whilst he remains in his post it is now his full responsibility to improve that performance, particularly in terms of manager selection, as we have seen the last four managers sacked and expensively compensated, and player acquisition, where we have visibly undermined the quality of our team since 2013."

"This clearly needs to improve, particularly since, as Mr Jenkins has said, that it was necessary to sell the club to achieve greater things, and not for personal selling shareholders to become millionaires."

Use his own words.

No?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 12:34]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 13:33 - Dec 28 with 1033 viewsharryhpalmer

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 11:08 - Dec 28 by Whiterockin

This is the way I see it regarding the trust possibly selling the shares. I may be well off the mark.

Firstly the trust still have the option of legal action, this is a massive bargaining tool. If the club was valued at £100M at the time of the sale, the trusts share value would have been £20M at the time of the sale. Basically the Americans are saying that they will not enter into discussions about a possible share purchase until the end of the season. Why? Because if we are relegated the share price will be at a lower valuation and they can buy the shares cheaper. If the Americans do not offer the share price at the original purchase price, surely the trust could then proceed with legal action, siteing that due to the illegal sale they have lost a considerable share value. Looks like a game of poker to me.

Personally I think the trust must sell because it does not have the finances to invest. If we stay up this season there will be a share issue and the trusts share value will be deleted, plus any influence on decisions will disappear. Personally I would prefer the trust to sell and with £20M tucked away and if it really goes tits up there is funding for a major purchase.

As I say, only the way I see it and I could be way off the mark.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 11:12]

Not sure if that is the case. surely they would have to buy the shares at the same price they paid the shareholders who have already sold, as the Trust should have had the opportunity at that point in time.

the fact that the shares have become devalued now is irrelevant, because it is the timing of the Tort against the Trust that is important.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 14:21 - Dec 28 with 984 viewsDafyddHuw

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 12:33 - Dec 28 by monmouth

They didn't have to say 'Jenkins out'. The statement started fine mentioning the fans' animosity. A nice little performance review giving the reasons for that could have followed. It could have read, say,:

"For our part, we were pleased to see Huw Jenkins taking full responsibility for his actions leading to our current predicament on 7th of December in his public statement. Whilst he remains in his post it is now his full responsibility to improve that performance, particularly in terms of manager selection, as we have seen the last four managers sacked and expensively compensated, and player acquisition, where we have visibly undermined the quality of our team since 2013."

"This clearly needs to improve, particularly since, as Mr Jenkins has said, that it was necessary to sell the club to achieve greater things, and not for personal selling shareholders to become millionaires."

Use his own words.

No?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 12:34]

Yeah, they could have said that.

They could also have said "Jenkins out", which would have been much more succint and to the point.

Instead they said " the Chairman needs to demonstrate leadership" .
Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 19:40 - Dec 28 with 888 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Board Statement on Manager and Ownership on 13:33 - Dec 28 by harryhpalmer

Not sure if that is the case. surely they would have to buy the shares at the same price they paid the shareholders who have already sold, as the Trust should have had the opportunity at that point in time.

the fact that the shares have become devalued now is irrelevant, because it is the timing of the Tort against the Trust that is important.

And what if they don't have the money?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024